FTR has moved to fairytailrevolution.jcink.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Impish Desires

2 posters

Go down

Impish Desires Empty Impish Desires

Post by Kensie Barnett Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:04 am

The sun beamed brightly down on the bustling city of Magnolia. Everywhere, people were taking advantage of the first day of good weather in a long while, and the main street was filled with both pedestrians and vendors, in addition to all of the normal shops that were set up. Somewhere in the distance, someone was playing a guitar, and it could be heard by the young teenager in the short black dress who was walking purposefully down the street.

Kensie Barnett normally bugged her sister around this time of day when she was in town, but she had insisted that Kensie go entertain herself while she took care of something. So, instead of hanging around the guild hall like she often did, she had decided to go to the candy store. She did love candy, after all.

Unfortunately, the raven-haired girl with the dark ribbons had no money on her, and she would need to figure out a way to get candy without it. Her sister was no good when it came to buying her things when she wasn’t around… and Kensie’s parents had already given her enough money to last the next two weeks when she begged… which she’d promptly spent on several very important things that had caught her eye. Stuff like her new stash of her favorite soda, and a pretty necklace she currently had hanging around her neck. Not to mention the new ribbons in her hair. Kensie Barnett was nothing if not frugal.

So now her goal was to find an alternate way to get her candy. She couldn’t steal it; she would get in trouble for that. Plus, as impish as she could be, she wasn’t a criminal, no matter how badly she wanted the delicious treats. Kensie looked around wide-eyed as she focused on how much she wanted what she couldn’t afford. As she adjusted her long, glove-like detached sleeves that went most of the way up her arms, she sighed loudly, hanging her head for a short moment. “Why couldn’t daddy have given me more money? That wasn’t nearly enough for two weeks…” she complained aloud.
Kensie Barnett
Kensie Barnett
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Experience : 102
Primary Magic : Imp Form Magic
Secondary Magic : N/A

Back to top Go down

Impish Desires Empty Re: Impish Desires

Post by Hector Warfield Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:20 am

It was a great day to be out and about, Hector just wished it was for a different reason.  Here he was in the middle of Magnolia trying to track down a merchant by the name of Landon Rhodes to retrieve a parcel to take back to his guild master.  Sounded like a simple mission, that is until he got into town.  

This place was crowded with merchants and shoppers alike and all Hector had to go on was they vague description his guild master gave him.  Older man, tall with short, thinning, blonde hair, probably sporting his old cane.  Hector was wandering up what seemed liked the 100th street looking for such a man.  The sounds of a guitar could be heard over the hustle and bustle of the street.  "Not too bad, not great, but not terrible" Hector mumbled to himself.  

About this time the small girl just in front of Hector sighed, "Why couldn't daddy have given me more money?  That wasn't nearly enough for two weeks..."  What an odd girl, he thought, here she was in this warm weather wearing a black dress and this odd unattached sleeve things.  Hector couldn't help himself, he coughed, "Well perhaps you get a job then.  You shouldn't rely on daddy to buy you everything you want."  Afterward he thought maybe he shouldn't voice his options on random people in the street, but just sitting back and expecting a hand-out was one of Hector's pet-peeves.  Oh well, back to the task at hand, he thought as he scoured the crowd for the merchant, slightly giving thanks for having the ability to see over most of the swarm of people.
Hector Warfield
Hector Warfield
Blue Pegasus D
Blue Pegasus D

Experience : 53
Primary Magic : Takeover: Elementals

Back to top Go down

Post by Kensie Barnett Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:34 am

Kensie stopped in her tracks when she heard someone actually answer her question. Had she said it that loud? She’d meant to mumble…  she blinked a few times, looking around until she spotted the man who had stopped to actually look at her. Well, by man she supposed he was a kid like her. Not more than two years older, just a lot more… muscular. Did he ever put down weights? Kensie blinked her copper-colored eyes, seeming much more innocent than she actually was. She was great with people when she wanted to be, or at least she thought so. She could get the people she spent the most time with to do just about anything she wanted, after all.

“A- a job?” she asked, sounding intimidated at the idea. She wasn’t intimidated so much as she considered herself above normal jobs. She was a wizard, after all, and if he paid attention to her left shoulder, he would see the bright pink Fairy Tail stamp adorned on her bare skin. ‘Its not my fault no one will let me take any requests that give me real money!’ she thought to herself. What she said, however, was “That’s not very nice…” as small tear beads formed in the corners of her eyes. She was great at getting the response she wanted from people. The downside was… she actually had to let herself feel hurt by his words to react appropriately. “It-it's just that... I'm all out of money and I really wanted some candy... she told him, giving him puppy dog eyes. The statement was entirely true, and while she was consciously trying to manipulate him, she didn’t mean any harm by it.

She stood there, just close enough for them to actually talk. Maybe this guy would get her candy for hurting her feelings! ‘It isn’t freeloading if its given as an apology, right?’ she thought to herself hopefully.
Kensie Barnett
Kensie Barnett
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Hector Warfield Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:05 pm

“A- a job?” She  sounded deeply hurt by this for some reason.  “That’s not very nice.”, she sobbed as a tear formed in the corners of her eyes. Great, I've hurt this girl's feelings, Hector thought to himself.  “It-it's just that... I'm all out of money and I really wanted some candy..."   "Wait, you want to buy...candy?"  Just how young is this kid?  Maybe this situation isn't her fault, maybe her parents just gave her everything she's ever wanted... Well she is from Fairytail, maybe she knows this Rhodes fellow... "Aww, don't cry.  Tell you what, I see you are a member of the local guild here and I happen to be looking for a particular merchant.  I'm not from around here and I could use your help.  Lend me a hand and I'll buy you some candy...deal?"  Hector felt a little bad for taking advantage of this little girl, but it seemed like he was doomed to ever track down the merchant on his own...and maybe the little girl would appreciate earning her candy instead of having it given to her... Wait a minute! He never introduced himself, here he was still calling her 'little girl' in his head, hate to think what she might be calling this 'rude giant'.... "I'm Hector by the way, from the Blue Pegasus.  Nice to meet you."
Hector Warfield
Hector Warfield
Blue Pegasus D
Blue Pegasus D

Back to top Go down

Post by Kensie Barnett Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:38 pm

At first Kensie was disappointed that he didn’t instantly say yes to her manipulation attempt, but helping him find a shopkeeper shouldn’t be too hard, all things considered, and it would probably take less time than finding a new target to buy her the candy she wanted. He introduced himself as Hector from Blue Pegasus, and instantly her demeanor changed from almost crying to looking friendly as she wiped the tears from her eyes with a flick of one finger while the other hand extended to shake his large hand. “I’m Kensie Barnett, from Fairy Tail like you said,” she told him proudly.

“I’ll help you in exchange for candy,” she agreed as she looked him in the eyes. She was nearly a whole foot shorter than him. After they shook hands, she smoothed out her dress. She didn’t seem bothered by the heat at all. Kensie actually really liked warm places, and in her imp form she could withstand even the heat from a direct fire. What she couldn’t stand was the cold. Wearing dresses constantly didn’t help with that either.

Kensie’s grin grew wider as she puffed up in a mix of excitement and a general sense of energy she had about her. Nothing about her demeanor made her seem like she was the fourteen year old she was, which only helped her get her way. Technically, this was kind of like getting her way. “Now, what’s the old guy’s name? Or his description? Or… anything?”
Kensie Barnett
Kensie Barnett
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Hector Warfield Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:43 pm

The little girl perked up at his mention of the Blue Pegasus guild and shook Hector's hand introducing herself, "I’m Kensie Barnett, from Fairy Tail like you said", she said happily.  “I’ll help you in exchange for candy", she agreed looking up at him.  She smoothed out her dress then smiled,  "Now, what’s the old guy’s name? Or his description? Or… anything?" She was brimming with excitement now, she must really like candy, he thought to himself.  Oh well, if she can help me out it would sure save me some time...and she seems like a nice enough girl.  

"We're looking for a 'Landon Rhodes'.  All I have to go on is he's an older gentleman, tall with short, thinning, blonde hair...and supposedly he should have an old ornate cane.  He's should have a shop set up around here somewhere..."  Hector said looking around.  All he could see was a sea of faces, it was hard to pick any one out of the crowd...best he could tell he couldn't see anyone that matched the description...Hector had the feeling they could be right in front of him and he still might not notice before the crowd swallowed him back up...Hector was suddenly glad his guild wasn't in such a crowded town.  "Any ideas of where we should start looking?"  Hector said turning his attention back to Kensie.
Hector Warfield
Hector Warfield
Blue Pegasus D
Blue Pegasus D

Back to top Go down

Post by Kensie Barnett Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:00 pm

Kensie looked around for a long moment, putting one arm across her torso and resting the other upon it, with her fingers resting on her chin thoughtfully. Rhodes…. Rhodes… she really should start caring more what people’s names are, she thought to herself, all the while looking contemplative. Oh well, as long as they found the guy she could claim her reward! The ebon-haired girl flipped around energetically, raising a finger and brightening up like she was about to suggest a spot, but then she lowered it. “… He does not ring a bell,” she conceded after a moment.

Kensie spun back around, her dress billowing out slightly when she did. Fortunately, it seemed to be long enough for it not to be bad for it to blow around a bit. That was probably good for someone her age, or a girl of any age, really, if they knew what self-respect or modesty meant. The exposed shoulders were cute, but they didn’t exactly speak for her sense of modesty either. “But this is where most of the popular shops are. What kind of shop is it? It sounds like he has a pimp cane,” she mused, knowing only vaguely what a pimp was despite seeming less innocent sometimes.

Either way, Kensie didn’t stop to listen. He could keep up and talk. He was taller and more muscular and had longer legs, after all. She took off in a direction, glancing into every store along the way, looking for a balding man with a pimp cane, or the other features he’d described but she found less fun. Her hands trailed behind her back most of that time, and she leaned animatedly when something caught her attention, be it a store she was checking, or just something on the road.
Kensie Barnett
Kensie Barnett
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Hector Warfield Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:08 pm

Kensie looked thoughtful for a moment, her back to Hector, then suddenly she perked up and spun around looking like she was about to indicate a direction or shop, Oh wow, this is going to be way easier than I thought, Hector thought to himself excitedly.  "...He does not ring a bell" she reluctantly said, lowering her arm.  

Really?! You raise my hopes like that just to smash them back down... Kensie did not leave Hector much time to sulk to himself.  She had already turned back around and started off down the busy street.  "But this is where most of the popular shops are.  What kind of shop is it?"  She said more but at this point Hector couldn't quite make out what she was saying.  It sounded like she said something about a pimp but that did not make any sense.  Hector took off after Kensie before he lost his only lead on finding Mr. Rhodes, regardless of how slim a lead it was.  At least she's motivated to help me find him, even if her reasons are...odd...he said to himself as he quickly caught up to Kensie in a few long strides.  

"He runs a magic shop of some kind, selling armor I think", Hector replied as he slowed his pace down now that he was with Kensie.  She kept looking energetically at stores and walking, maybe she's had too much candy as it is, Hector thought to himself.  He saw a blacksmith shop but the short owner was not Rhodes in the slightest.  Hector was  starting to get frustrated and angry.  He could feel the air heating up as he unconsciously tapped into the lava elemental energy.  He stopped for a second and took a few deep breaths.  It was not going to help matters if he baked everyone around him.  He would find Rhodes...Kensie was here to help...he would not fail such an easy mission, he would not allow that, Hector thought defiantly making a fist.  After a moment he could feel himself back to normal and in control.  He quickly released the fist he had made and looked up, hoping Kensie had not noticed.
Hector Warfield
Hector Warfield
Blue Pegasus D
Blue Pegasus D

Back to top Go down

Post by Kensie Barnett Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:28 pm

Kensie was looking for magical armor. So someone wanted holder magic of some kind? Kensie found herself a mix of curious and not especially caring. She didn’t even know the person, as far as she could tell. She didn’t know anyone from Blue Pegasus, and she didn’t think she’d meet too many of them in the near future. Hector was the exception.

Behind her, it felt like the air was heating up, though by the time she turned around, Hector had calmed down. She blinked in confusion before deciding she was hot. She undid the bows from her hair as she asked “Did it just get warm for a second?” in a confused voice. She used one of the bows to tie her hair into a proper ponytail to keep her hair off of her neck. “Weird,” she decided before moving on with a shrug.

Within a couple of minutes they stumbled upon a large shop with a sign that said “Rhode’s Arms and Armor” on the front of it. “Huh. Well that makes it eas-“ Kensie nearly commented before the pair heard a crash from inside the shop. Kensie let out a gasp, turning for a moment and looking wide-eyed at Hector. Was he expecting something? She looked back at the shop, then back at him before dancing in place for a moment. “Uh oh!” she exclaimed, tearing off through the entrance of the shop into the dimly lit interior and disappearing from sight.

By the time Hector would arrive in there, she was standing about ten feet from the man he had described, who was being held aloft by a man every bit as tall as Hector, only he seemed to be wearing a dark greatcoat. That was an odd choice on such a hot day… The coat-wearing man seemed to be ignoring Kensie and Hector, concentrating entirely on Rhodes, who looked fearfully at the man, casting glances at Hector and Kensie. The mysterious figure glanced at Kensie and Hector. He threw Rhodes aside, slamming him into the glass display counter and breaking it. He finally turned around to face the newcomers, glancing at Kensie’s tattoo. “Sorry, this shop is closed. We have important business to attend to,” he told them in a deep, calm voice.
Kensie Barnett
Kensie Barnett
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Hector Warfield Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:52 pm

As Hector looked up Kensie turned around “Did it just get warm for a second?” she asked. "Uhh..." Crap , he thought, but before he could say any more she had turned back around and continued searching for Mr Rhodes' shop.  Hector breathed a slight sigh of relief and continued after her.  

A few minutes passed and still no sign of the shop or the shopkeeper when suddenly Kensie pointed excitedly.  “Huh." Hector followed her finger to see a large shop with a sign that read “Rhode’s Arms and Armor”.  "Well that makes it eas-“  She was broke off by a massive crash from inside.  "What the heck!?" Hector shouted as Kensie danced in place for a moment before running through the entrance of the shop and out of sight.  "Hey!  Wait up!"  he yelled as he ran after her.

By the time Hector got in the shop Kensie was standing about ten feet from who Hector assumed was Landon Rhodes.  The only problem was Rhodes wasn't alone.  There was another giant of a man who was holding Rhodes in the air by his neck.  He seemed to not have realized Kensie or Hector's entrance, focusing solely on the terrified Rhodes.  Rhodes however had a clear view of the doorway from his current position and glanced between Kensie and Hector and seemed to mouth, "Help me" before turning his attention back to the assailant.  

This must have caught the mysterious man's attention as he turned his head to glance at Kensie and Hector.  He threw Rhodes into the display counter which shattered underneath him.  “Sorry, this shop is closed. We have important business to attend to" he said, his voice was strangely calm. "Really?  Because it looks like you are needlessly beating up an old man!  I don't care what business you have with Mr. Rhodes here, it's over."  Hector took a step forward, "Now I suggest you leave before we notify the magic council paladins."  Hector couldn't stand bullies and this creep was definitely getting on his nerves.  He could feel the air heating up again, keep a cool head, he thought, setting fire to shop would defiantly not be helpful.  Hector really hoped this guy would back down and leave so he could figure out what the heck was going on.
Hector Warfield
Hector Warfield
Blue Pegasus D
Blue Pegasus D

Back to top Go down

Post by Kensie Barnett Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:58 pm

Kensie nodded, looking far more nervous than Hector. Wasn’t she supposed to be staying out of danger? But she couldn’t let an old man get beat up. Fairy Tail wasn’t a guild that could do that, right? She took a step back when the man’s gaze shifted to her as he appraised both of the newcomers who hadn’t yet left when he asked them to. He grinned after a moment, then shrugged, dropping the old man roughly on the floor.

“With such strong looking wizards here, how can I say no?” he told the two of them as he turned his back to them and walked to the back door. He stopped. “Just remember, getting into other peoples’ business is dangerous.” With that, he pushed the door open, exiting without another word.

Kensie wasted no time running over to the man and making sure he was okay. He was injured, but he seemed to not be more than roughed up. “Are you alright?” she asked the man. “What did that bad guy want?”

The shopkeeper coughed a bit before answering, looking at Hector. “The stuff you were sent here to pick up. He wanted it for himself… for his people, as he called them. They’re hidden… over there.” He pointed at the floorboards.
Kensie Barnett
Kensie Barnett
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Hector Warfield Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:14 pm

The mystery attacker paused, apparently weighing his options.  After a while he dropped Rhodes to the floor and said with a grin, “With such strong looking wizards here, how can I say no?” He turned around and walked to the back door.  He stopped with his hand on the doorknob “Just remember, getting into other peoples’ business is dangerous.” and then he was gone.  I get the feeling I haven't seen the last of him.  Just who was that guy anyway?

“Are you alright?  What did that bad guy want?”  Kensie's questions brought Hector back to the task at hand.  Who cares who he was, just some low-life thug probably, Rhodes got beaten up pretty badly, he may need some medical attention.    Rhodes winced and coughed a bit before looking at Hector. “The stuff you were sent here to pick up. He wanted it for himself… for his people, as he called them. They’re hidden… over there.” He pointed at the floorboards.

Hector hastened to the spot Rhodes indicated, sure enough the floorboard was loose and easily came up relieving a metal box beneath.  It was a decent size but Hector was surprised it weighed as much as it did.   He lifted it out easy enough but couldn't contain his curiosity, "What's in there?".  "It's my greatest work yet, it's called Dragon Might armor.  It gives the wearer all the abilities of a dragon, putting them on par with a Dragon Slayer", Rhodes said shakily getting to his feet.  "My dear could you get my cane?  It fell over there by the door" he said to Kensie pointing near the front door.  He turned his attention back to Hector, "So you can see why it's crucial it does not fall into the wrong hands."  Kensie came back with the cane, "Thank you dear" he told her.  

So, do you know who that guy was then?  Odds are he'll be back, you should take precautions or something.  No I don't know who he was or who he works for but don't worry about me, he may have caught me off guard but I won't let that happen again.  You just be sure to keep it safe on your way back to Master Jora.  Rhodes already seemed to be steadier as he followed Hector and Kensie to the door.  "Thank you both for your help", Rhodes said as they stepped back into the busy street.  "No problem sir, take care of yourself."  Hector said as Rhodes closed the door and flipped the 'Open' sign around to 'Close'.  

"Wow, that was more intense than I thought it would be."  Hector said turning to Kensie, "Sorry I put you in danger like that, you've been a big help and you've definitely earned some candy", he said with a smile.  "Lead the way Kensie", Hector said securing the metal box under his arm.
Hector Warfield
Hector Warfield
Blue Pegasus D
Blue Pegasus D

Back to top Go down

Post by Kensie Barnett Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:42 pm

Kensie walked out of the store along with Hector, who told her her candy was well-earned. “You didn’t put me in danger,” she insisted in a childish tone. “I was just fine!” It didn’t really matter though, because she found herself instantly distracted by the fact that she had definitely earned her candy. She nodded with a big grin, her tone instantly changing from that ‘I’m not a helpless child’ tone to one that said ‘I’ve been waiting for this moment.’ “Yeah! I know just what to get. Don’t worry, I won’t keep you long, Mr. Hector,” she told him much more politely, rotating her hips in place so that she swung back and forth cutely before she took off towards the candy store.

“What do you think that was about?” she asked him after a few minutes. “Dragon armor? Infusing people with dragon power? Doesn’t it take dragons to teach people that sort of thing?” she asked, trying to remember what she’d learned over her short life. Dragon slayers were a particularly interesting subject to most young wizards, considering the romantic nature of their stories and the incredible power they were said to wield. “He must be a really good smith if he can really do that sort of stuff…” she mused thoughtfully.
Kensie Barnett
Kensie Barnett
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Hector Warfield Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:52 pm

Kensie shot off in the direction of the candy store.  Hector followed as fast as he could while still keeping his new package secured.  He finally caught up with her in front of a bright and colorful shop, Wibbly's Weasel Wobblies, the sign read. What an odd name for a candy store, he thought as he went inside.  He paid for Kensie's candy and even bought himself a bag of gummy eels.  

“What do you think that was about?” Kensie asked once they had their candy and made their way to a booth by the window.  “Dragon armor? Infusing people with dragon power? Doesn’t it take dragons to teach people that sort of thing?” she asked looking puzzled.  "It does sound pretty powerful, but Master Jora has always spoken highly of Mr. Rhodes so I guess he knows his stuff.  What concerns me is who that mystery guy was.  If this armor really is that powerful it's important thugs like him don't get ahold of it."    They sat and ate their candy for a while then Hector looked up from his empty bag of gummy eels, "Well I guess I had better head back, Master Jora will be expecting this.  I'm sure she'll be interested to hear about Mr. Rhodes attacker as well."  Hector stood and turned to Kensie, "Thanks again for your help, I hate to think what would have happened by the time I found my way there by myself."  He smiled at Kensie, "Take care of yourself, I'll see ya around."    

Hector left the candy store feeling pretty good about the days events; he had managed to find Rhodes' shop, stopped an attack, and even made a new friend along the way. Yeah, Kensie is a pretty good kid, a little odd, but then again who isn't.  Hector smiled to himself as he made his way through the streets of Magnolia.  The roads were a little less crowded now but Hector was still glad once he made it out of the city.  "Ahh, this is better", he said as he stretched and continued his way back to the Blue Pegasus guild.  His mind kept nagging at the mysterious man that had attacked Rhodes.  He glanced around but he was completely alone on the path.  Sooner I get this back to the guild the better, he thought and doubled his pace.
Hector Warfield
Hector Warfield
Blue Pegasus D
Blue Pegasus D

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down