FTR has moved to fairytailrevolution.jcink.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keeping His Promise

3 posters

Go down

Keeping His Promise Empty Keeping His Promise

Post by Zahn Skye Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:33 pm

So... this is the Lamia Scale guild hall...

The young Jinx mage looked at the building from the outside, a small, glum smirk on his face. He'd never know the comfort of a Guild, not that he particularly wanted to. He figured it was better off for everyone if he traveled alone. He tended to end up drawing trouble to him like a magnet, and that wasn't something he wanted other people to have to go through. His cloak was still in tatters and after his like spat with Fayte he was glad to be somewhere where a friendly face was waiting for him.

I'd better not mention being Guildless to anyone else though. I enjoy my freedom a lot anyway, and I never really planned to join a Guild. People are hard enough to deal with individually, let alone all at once...

Zahn sighed as his stomach growled. He was hungry enough to eat a horse, and while he certainly didn't want to be indebted to anyone Kade's offer of a nice meal if the Jinx mage happened to come around Lamia Scale was too tempting to pass up right now. Zahn hadn't eaten for a while again. Part of being a Guildless mage without much work was starving, he guessed. The Council really had thought their heavy-handed laws through at least.

I suppose they deserve credit for that much at least. They do know how to make infuriating, unfair and extremely harsh laws. Yipee for them.

The young man growled at the thought, and at his hunger. Being hungry wasn't helping his mood much. Still, hopefully the day would get a little better now. So, cloakless Zahn knocked on the Lamia Scale guild's main door.

"... here goes nothing..."

Zahn had never stepped inside of a Guild before, so he wasn't sure of what to expect. He tensed, thinking about all the things that could happen. Some might call him paranoid, but with a group of trackers and hunters specifically designed to seek you out and capture you if you were Guildless being an actual thing he'd say he was completely justified in looking over his shoulder all the time.
Zahn Skye
Zahn Skye
Lamia Scale C
Lamia Scale C

Experience : 110
Primary Magic : Jinx Magic
Secondary Magic : N/A

https://www.youtube.com/ImagineIfYouWillShow

Back to top Go down

Keeping His Promise Empty Re: Keeping His Promise

Post by Ren Caverly Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:48 pm

Most of Ren’s days started out with a thought on how people were terrifying. The scariest ones were the ones who were nice. Why would anyone be nice to a girl like her? She might not be too bad, but she wasn’t anything special. She was an awkward kid… awkward adult. She was eighteen and a handful of months. It still unnerved Ren when someone was unduly kind to her. Kotone didn’t scare her, and jerks didn’t scare her, but Kade… he scared her. Maybe not quite scared, but he intimidated her. He was just so friendly, and she was just so uncomfortable

She had on her hoodie, despite the warm summer weather. The long, dark bluish gray sleeves hanging past her finger tips. She was leaning against a tree, her legs crossed in front of her. She had on her black Mary Janes, black tights that stopped just short of her knees, and a red and yellow striped skirt. Her hoodie served as a blanket and a pillow, the hood pulled up to cover her head. She shoule probably make friends with an ice mage of some sort… well, alright, Kotone was an ice-mage, and Ren didn’t make friends, but close enough. So she just needed to hang around Kotone more. Ren didn’t like the cold, because her frail body was an easy target for just about every possible ailment, but she also liked to bundle up a lot. She just needed a cool breeze.

Ren rubbed at her ear, feeling the metal laced through her piercings, her short blond hair falling over her skin to make it itch just slightly. Just enough to stir her from her almost nap. She wasn’t asleep, she had to stay awake because she was in public, but the shade of the tree, and her nightmare the night before made her drowsy. Drowsy… she opened her eye slowly, then they widened as she saw a stranger. She knew the people in this guild. Was this a visitor? A new member? An enemy? She scrambled to her feet, managing to fall over, but she dusted herself off and got the rest of the way up.

Ren’s complete and utter lack of social confidence took a backseat for a moment. Her curiosity drove her to step inside the guild after the man. Wow, he looked intimidating. She bit her lip and forced her voice to be something close to audible. “H-Hello?” she squeaked. Ren gulped, pushing her hood back from her face slowly, “D-do you need…. A-are you… looking for s-something?” She was actually managing better than expected, so that was nice.
Ren Caverly
Ren Caverly
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Experience : 615
Primary Magic : Shadow Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Zahn Skye Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:53 am

Just as Zahn managed to step inside of the Guild he heard something behind him. He instantly whirled about, expecting to be attacked and instead saw a small-ish figure attempt to rise off the ground, fall over and then get off the ground again. Zahn smirked at the sight. People were fascinating sometimes. The form gave off some magical energy, though none of it seemed hostile. In fact, whoever the person was they seemed almost frightened.

Now that's something you don't see every day. A figure obscured by their garb frightened of others?

Then Zahn realized he could've very well have been describing himself a short while ago, and knew he'd regret thinking that. Whoever the person was, they should be treated with respect unless they proved they didn't deserve it. A short wait and the figure came up to him, speaking to him in something of a squeak. The person, obviously a girl, pulled her hood back revealing her face. She stuttered out her questions causing Zahn to look at her with with a quirked eyebrow. He'd never met anyone this shy. Still, she'd asked a question. He figured he should at least give her an answer.

"... ah... yeah. I was... invited to this Guild to share a meal with one of the members. Kade... Lazarus I think. What about you? Are you a member of this Guild? ... are you hurt? You took a little tumble back there. It looked... um... dangerous."

Zahn was trying to choose his words carefully. No matter who she was, he knew discussing things that could be considered embarrassing almost never ended well. However, he was not trying to embarrass the girl he'd just met, but was concerned for her. She was slightly shorter than he was, but looked like a gentle breeze could knock her off her feet.

Craaaap... my own inexperience when it comes to dealing with something like this is pretty obvious. I shouldn't be prying into whatever backstory this person might have. I figure she must be a Guild member here because of her question, which implied that she might now what I'm looking for here.

The Jinx mage fidgeted, feeling awkward and a little lonely, as he spoke to the girl. She seemed younger than he was, but that didn't stop him from being nervous. In fact, recalling his younger sister made him even more nervous as the girl reminded him that he once had a person he thought he could rely on as a family member.

"... sorry. I... haven't been inside a Guild in a while...  Sorry, again. This must seem like a pretty big inconvenience for you..."

Zahn feel silent as his last sentence trailed off. He was a guest here. He didn't want to cause anyone who might be busy with something, important or otherwise, to go out of their way to help him but he sure as heck didn't want to just wander around the Guild Hall aimlessly and hope he happened to bump into Kade. He had a promise to keep, and the sooner he was out of here the sooner he wouldn't feel like he might cause trouble for the other people around him.
Zahn Skye
Zahn Skye
Lamia Scale C
Lamia Scale C

Back to top Go down

Post by Ren Caverly Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:50 pm

Ren wasn’t intimidating, she wasn’t formidable; she wasn’t even really that interesting. The fact that she was a C ranked wizard and could hold her own in direct confrontation didn’t cross her mind. She did look like a strong wind could knock her over. It probably could. She had awful and confusing balance, despite being naturally amazingly graceful. In truth, her balance was fine, she just found odd ways to be clumsy. All in all… she looked pitiful, and she knew it. She’d been told that enough times after all.

He had on a big cloak, but to Ren, that was just another piece of clothing. She didn’t think people were scary, shady, or intimidating because of what they wore. They were intimidating because they were alive. He was alive, and thus… intimidating. Not that Ren like dead bodies. She wasn’t one for the dead, but she probably seemed like she should be, since she was so in line with darkness, but that was not the case. The man spoke, and seemed generally uncomfortable, but while Ren was fidgeting, she couldn’t exactly notice anyone else being awkward.

Oh…. Kade… he’s friendly,” she admitted. She didn’t sound like that was a compliment at all. It wasn’t an insult, but she would rather he be less friendly. He scared her and she hid from him often. Then again, she didn’t know how she would feel if he just stopped. She didn’t deserve friendliness, so it was better to be left alone. “H-hurt? Oh, n-no, I’m fine, I’m not hurt,” she insisted quickly. He’d been watching her? She stared at the ground awkwardly, wishing he hadn’t been. She was just too awkward.

She wasn’t sure what she should say next. She needed to say something, but she didn’t want to. She just wanted to go back to her shadow’s and die. She stuffed her hands in her hoodie pocket. When Zahn spoke again her eyes barely made it back up to his face. “Um… n-no, you’re fine… its…. Its nothing,” she informed him. “I can look for Kade with you… if… you want,” she shrugged, her shoulders raising made her appear even smaller as she seemed to disappear into her hoodie.
Ren Caverly
Ren Caverly
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Back to top Go down

Post by Zahn Skye Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:06 pm

Anyone else watching this scene unfold might've smirked at the fact the two participants were both extremely shy and nervous making their conversation seem almost cute. However, Zahn noted that Ren was far more nervous than he was and began to relax a little. He wasn't surprised that the young girl he was talking to knew Kade.

Guild members do tend to get to know one another. Still, the way she spoke about him... is she afraid? Kade didn't seem that scary when I met him. Talkative and nosy, sure, but scary? Well, I suppose that's something else I can't really ask about. Everyone has their own opinions, and far be it for me to deny her's.

The young Jinx mage had been paying attention to all Ren's mannerisms in the meantime, trying to figure out what to say next. Ren offered to search for Kade with him and he figured it couldn't hurt to have two sets of eyes on the search. However he got the feeling that Ren wouldn't be too happy if he asked her to stick around. Still... she had offered and it would be rude to walk into someone's home then ignore them when they suggested helping you look for something or someone.

"Alright... I'd appreciate your help. I'm... Zahn. Zahn Skye. You?"

Even though the girl seemed to be retreating into her own body, shrinking ever so slightly as she hid herself inside her hoodie Zahn was undaunted. He held out his hand for a handshake, hoping that Ren would at least be less nervous if he made it clear he wasn't too formal. Absently, Zahn wondered what kind of food Kade had in mind for them to eat.
Zahn Skye
Zahn Skye
Lamia Scale C
Lamia Scale C

Back to top Go down

Post by Ren Caverly Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:30 am

Ren tended to give off the vibe of a helpless and incompetent baby anime. Maybe a baby bird with a broken wing. She most certainly couldn’t fly, but she wanted to fly away more often than not. She was getting better, but it only showed just how far down the hole she’d been. No doubt Ren didn’t do Kade justice. She could have explained that she was intimidated by him because he was nice, but then she would have to materialize words. She was bad at that.

Um… y-you’re welcome,” Ren said. She supposed appreciation was like a thank you, so she should react politely. Then he gave his full name. She bit her lip, looking at the ground shyly, “Um, I’m R-ren… Caverly.” It seemed like she should give her last name too. Why not? Well, anxiety. But she did because he had. That was rude, right? Not to match someone else? Besides, he had just asked for her name.

Oh dear… what was he doing with his hand? Ren’s eyes got bigger. She didn’t… no. She hated to be rude, but she was afraid enough of men, and strangers, and this wasn’t for a job. She could force out a bit of confidence when she was working a job, getting where she needed. Oh boy… she tentatively held out her hand, shaking a little bit before quickly shaking his hand and retreating back into her shell. Her hands were now stuffed quite far into her hoodie. She’d gone to the trouble of letting her hoodie sleeve slip back from her hand. Showing her delicate little fingers. She was tiny, but in a moment it was all hidden again. “S-so… Kade… um… he m-might be in his garden,” she said. That was her first guess. So she headed that way, walking through the hall. She would have gone outside to avoid people, but she didn’t want to walk right out now that this man was just getting inside. Besides, this way he could see a bit more of the guild hall. That was good manners, right? She’d hosted people once in what she considered another lifetime. A few people did happen by, and from the look she got, she realized they thought it was strange that she was walking with anyone. She shrunk a bit. Normally she snuck through the halls, now she was just walking.
Ren Caverly
Ren Caverly
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Back to top Go down

Post by Zahn Skye Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:08 pm

Zahn smiled gently as Ren responded with a meekness that matched the most shy of creatures. She reminded him of a baby cat. He waited until she finished giving him her name and pondered what it meant when she quickly shook his hand and then retreated back into the safety of her hoodie.

Huh... is she afraid of me? Or maybe people in general... Her clothes suggest that she's more comfortable alone in her own little world than interacting with others. I should try not to frighten her too much then.

Ren mentioned Kade might be in 'his' garden. Did that mean Kade was influential enough to have an entire portion of the Guild Hall belong to him and him alone? That was certain an interesting notion. Still, back to the task at hand. Ren lead him down the halls and the Jinx mage noticed people staring at her. So, his assumption she didn't hang out with many people was probably correct. Still, it sort of irritated him that people were staring. What he did was his business and what Ren did and how she acted was hers. He got the impression people were judging her and by extension trying to figure out who he was. He gritted his teeth slightly but hoped Ren wouldn't notice. After a while he couldn't take it anymore.

"... um... Ren. Is... is it okay for me to be here? It seems like I'm making you uncomfortable. And people are staring. If this is too much trouble, I can just wander around on my own..."

There was a sadness in Zahn voice. He didn't like causing trouble for others, and even if he was jumping to conclusions it felt like Ren wasn't taking traveling around with a person very well. Especially since her own Guildmates seemed to be extremely interested in her activities. To the point of irritation, but Zahn was trying extremely hard not to mention what he thought of that. Plus, there was one last thing Zahn had to say, no matter what.

"... and more than that... you seem... hurt by all this. I don't want to cause you any trouble. You look like you have enough to deal with."

Zahn wasn't trying to be rude, but he'd noticed that Ren seemed to be scared by people. Normally a person might say "stop staring" or shoo others away, especially if they were of equal standing with the people bothering therm. However, Ren just seemed to accept it all and continued to retreat into herself. Zahn was fairly good at reading people, if he did say so himself, and while he was shy in certain matters he was always quick to let others know when they bothered him. Ren just seemed to take all of it in, like she didn't know what else to do. Zahn felt, well, bad for her and wanted to let her know that she didn't have to got to any trouble for him.
Zahn Skye
Zahn Skye
Lamia Scale C
Lamia Scale C

Back to top Go down

Post by Ren Caverly Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:30 pm

Ren wasn’t in pain, she was just painfully uncomfortable. She kept to the shadows, so when people so much as noticed her, it was anxious. She would survive. As much as she was a part of this guild, she was always striving to be invisible. It showed right now, when she wasn’t trying to do that. She held no ill will toward her guild mates, like this man appeared to. Perhaps it wasn’t ill will, but he had something against how they were staring.

Kade was influential. Everyone liked him. That was how Ren saw it. She didn’t ask if people liked him, but with the way they carried on, she knew. They liked him because he was usually surrounded by friends. Because she could often use his friends as a smoke screen to get away from him. Ren’s perception of things was not the best way to judge any situation, but that did not mean she was incorrect in everything.

Zahn started speaking. He asked if it was okay for him to be there, but before she came up with an answer, he just kept talking. He had a lot to say apparently. Making her uncomfortable? Existence made her uncomfortable. Staring? She shifted awkwardly, she wanted to ignore that. “N-no, I’d be a b-bad host if I let you do that. Its fine,” she insisted weakly. If he asked again, she’d probably just let him go off, but she didn’t want to. She was awful at standing her ground, but she didn’t want him walking off on his own. She would have failed. Failed Zahn, and Kade. She squirmed a little thinking about it.

It also seemed as if he was worrying about her. Hurt?N-no, I’m not hurt…” What did he think she had to deal with? She was just walking around with him and being stared at. Sure, it wasn’t her favorite, but she was an adult, she could handle it. People normally avoided her because she was weird, not being she was… shy. “Its n-not far, don’t worry,” she said. If she took him to the garden maybe she could stop stressing.
Ren Caverly
Ren Caverly
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Back to top Go down

Post by Zahn Skye Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:31 pm

((Sorry for the late reply. My schedule has been shitty the last few months, so I'm trying to make sure I keep up with posting, but life gets in the way a lot.))

Ren spoke, trying to assuage Zahn from feeling bad for her. He smiled glumly. Lots of people were like that, including him. No matter how much something bothered them they all dealt with it in their own ways. He had to admit, not drawing attention to oneself was usually a good plan anyway, regardless of the time or place. To be fair though, Zahn had a hard time with that because of how he dressed, they way he talked, and almost everything about him. He carried himself with a decent amount of confidence, even though he was quite often depressed and wrapped up in his own little world inside his head.

And I suppose if I think of it that way, this is is just one of those times I have to let it go...

Zahn sighed quietly and nodded in acquiescence when Ren insisted that Zahn let her lead him to the Gardens. He took on a more somber look when Ren denied her obvious awkwardness regarding people staring at her. Ren reassured Zahn that the Gardens weren't far off now, but Zahn just nodded and smiled his small, glum smile as he thought to himself about his current companion.

It almost sounds like she's trying to reassure herself more than me. She must know that... Still, I am grateful for her help... though it does make me feel bad that I'm bothering her.

The two walked in silence for a while as Zahn thought about a lots of things. He'd recently fought a girl named Fayte after they'd gotten of to a rocky start. However, after talking with her for a short time he realized that Fayte was a lot like him in many regards. Still, while Fayte was bloodthirsty and powerful in combat, she seemed completely unsure of herself while trying to talk normally with him. Zahn figured that he could come to understand her, but their similar personalities actually served to make the situation worse.

Maybe that's just the way it is. Ren seems a lot like me. Unsure of herself, and while she may not seem bloodthirsty like Fayte, heck I'd bet she hates conflict even more than just normal dialogue, she seems like she desperately trying to figure herself out.

Zahn kept walking, quietly pondering to himself as he tried to deal with his own feelings. He knew that he couldn't really offer any advice to Ren. He had his problems, and truly believed that he wasn't really the right person to try and help Ren deal with her issues. He spent too much time hating himself to hand out advice to others on how they can make themselves feel better. Still, he empathized with Ren and wanted to say something.

I just met her though. There isn't really a lot I can say that would sound convincing. She's a nice person, but that's all I really know about her. Asking her probably wouldn't do any good either, and would be sort of rude I suppose...

As he tried to keep pace with Ren, his thoughts distracting him and slowing him down a bit, he grew more and more solemn. Zahn really hated silence. Most of the time he was alone, so he spent a lot of his time thinking to himself, but he truthfully didn't not like not having people to share he thoughts with. He was usually forced into silence, and not drawing attention to himself was his MO since he was a Guildless mage and had to avoid trouble whenever possible but he could never stand silence. It bothered him and was depressing. He used to have a big family, but since the war...

Zahn took a deep breath, then spoke.

"Hey... Ren? ... thanks. For your help, I mean. It's nice to walk about and not having to worry that I'm going to get lost. You're a really nice person..."

With that, Zahn fell silent again.
Zahn Skye
Zahn Skye
Lamia Scale C
Lamia Scale C

Back to top Go down

Post by Ren Caverly Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:06 pm

((No worries, I have been busy lately anyway))

Ren didn’t find anything odd about how Zahn dressed. He had clothes one, and that was about all that mattered. She would have found skimpy clothing, or really flashy clothing strange. Covering and dark? No, that just meant you weren’t begging for attention. She was perfectly happy with not drawing attention to herself, and it looked like this man was the same way. That was her perception at least.

Ren often sounded like she was trying to convince herself of things. She didn’t argue, she didn’t stand up for herself. She rarely even made requests or tried to do things her own way. She was a loner, both by choice and against her will. It was just what had happened and she rolled with it. She rolled a bit to much, sometimes down stairs, but Zahn didn’t need to know that. Her awkwardness was a private matter, until she crashed into things. It hadn’t happened today though, so she was just fine.

This man had similarities to Ren. She didn’t mind. Sure, it didn’t help them have actual conversation, but no one was really capable of that with Ren. As far as figuring herself out, that was ongoing. If it was a struggle, Ren didn’t like it. Any form of conflict, even within herself. She didn’t tell people that though. She could handle it herself, and she didn’t need to pester them. She also couldn’t trust them. She wasn’t capable. She would be just fine. They were walking along in pleasant silence. Silence, something Ren could handle without too much difficulty. It was company that unsettled her, but not the silence around them. Silence was easier than being expected to speak.

The two of them ended up outside, walking toward where Ren supposed she would find Kade. For some reason Zahn spoke up. He thanked her, and said she was nice. She blushed, a lot, pulling her hood up over her face awkwardly before shrinking a little into herself. “I-i-its nothing, J-just walking, its fine.” She had mumbled that out awkwardly and now she was just trying to reach the garden. She felt so awkward now. Niceness was just as difficult as rudeness. Nope, it was much worse. They came up to an area with a rabbit hutch. She knew whose rabbits those were, but they didn’t belong to Kade. They looked happy, which Ren supposed was nice. Happy animals were cute. Nearby were several planted vegetables, and trees. The trees started to become a forest, but toward the edge of that area were younger fruit trees, and a few older ones. She spotted Kade doing some trimming to one of the trees.

Th-there, that’s Kade. Th-this is his garden. He is nice… s-so… um, you’re welcome…” she said, her hood still up.
Ren Caverly
Ren Caverly
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Back to top Go down

Post by Zahn Skye Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:12 am

When Zahn thanked Ren he noticed she once again retreated into her hoodie, and was blushing. Had Zahn said something that truly astonishing? He didn't think he had, but he was getting used to the way Ren acted. She must be terrified of people.

... I feel sorry for her. I want to help her. I barely even know her, but everything about her just seems to scream that she needs help.

Zahn's frown grew. He didn't want to appear rude, and certainly didn't want to offend Ren but it looked like even talking to the girl was a bit hard for her to handle. So, Zahn decided to let it go. Ren had helped him find who he was looking for and honestly, the Jinx mage found Ren to be decent company as well, although a bit shy.

Oh... animals? Huh. What a place... I didn't expect Kade to own a Garden, but Ren keeps referring to it as his. Does he own pets as well? I suppose I never really did ask exactly who he was but for him to be influential within the Guild. Heh, I'm almost jealous.

Zahn countenance softened a bit as he occupied himself with his thoughts. He smiled gently at the sight of the rabbits parading about the garden his body took on a more relaxed position. He felt a little safer now and he let out a whisper.

"... cute bunnies..."

His eyes widened a bit as he realized he said that aloud and blushed a litle. He was going to nod and go talk to Kade to end the moment but he wasn't sure Ren could see him with her whole face wrapped up in her hoodie like she was now. Sighing, he turned to face Ren.

"Thank you again, Ren. I enjoyed our time together and the walk was pleasant as well. I hope to see you again sometime, and hopefully we can meet as friends and not just as host and guest. Take care of yourself."

Zahn didn't think much of his parting words. They came naturally and he felt they were true. Still, for a girl like Ren who knew what she'd feel about what he'd said. However, the more pressing matter was talking to Kade. Zahn walked off and gave a curt wave to Kade, announcing his presence with a simple 'yo' as he came upon Kade's position.

"Looks like you're keeping busy, Kade. Any more tales of nightly skirmishes to regale me with?"

There was no edge in Zahn's voice, unlike the last time he'd met Kade. The Jinx mage had a habit of getter attached to people pretty easily and he thought of Kade as his friend. So his informal way of speaking felt more or less natural too him, though he realized the greeting might have been a bit too casual.
Zahn Skye
Zahn Skye
Lamia Scale C
Lamia Scale C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kade Lazarus Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:45 pm

Ren disappeared quickly. For some reason Zahn had said he hoped they would be friends. Even Kade knew Ren “didn’t have friends.” Kade would have argued that point a bit, but he also would have confirmed that Ren said it reasonably often. It was her perception.

On that day Kade was working in his garden, trimming some of the trees. He had on khaki pants and a t-shirt, with sandals. He looked a lot more casual, but since he was at home he didn’t see any reason not to be. This was his environment. They might not be the “family” Fairy Tail boasted about being, but this was Kade’s home and certainly a sort of family for him. He loved to garden, and he enjoyed the fruits of his labors. It also helped when he cooked a lot. He liked to cook for and with people, and it gave them a chance to bond. Plus it made him more popular, and he did like being around happy company.

He smiled when he noticed Zahn, though it was surprising to see Ren scurrying off. Not surprising to see her leaving, but just that she had been there. “I like to keep busy, that’s true. Its nice to see you,” he said with a friendly smile. “No skirmishes per say… I did a bit of work with another guild, and that… was its own story. So, you met our resident mouse?” he asked, glancing at Ren before she got completely out of view. He was fond of her, but she acted anything but fond of him. Oh well.
Kade Lazarus
Kade Lazarus
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Experience : 627
Primary Magic : Light Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zahn Skye Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:56 am

Zahn smiled at his friend as the two began to speak, though he frowned in confusion when Kade mentioned a mouse. He quickly realized that Kade was talking about Ren and his expression changed to that of amusement. The way Kade spoke made it sounded like Ren was always like this, and the Jinx mage was glad to know that it wasn't him who had ruined Ren's day or something along those lines. If she was always like that it probably wasn't his fault she'd been so shy and withdrawn.

"Hrm. A mouse, eh? Seemed more like a seedling to me, if we want to talk about comparisons. Something that might become a flower one day with enough attention and guidance from someone else, but right now has yet to bloom. At least, that's how she seemed to me. She lead me here, though we got some weird stares from your Guildmates."

Zahn paused for a moment to collect himself and then continued.

"I guess she doesn't hang out with many people. Anyway, I was in town and thought I'd drop by to make good on my promise. I wanted to thank you for your company the last time we met, and I wanted to take you up on that offer for some free food."

Zahn stretched himself as he spoke, making sure not to mess up any of the plant arrangements in the Garden. Then he remembered the question he'd been meaning to ask.

"Speaking about your guildmates and our friend Ren, she mentioned something about this being your Garden. I'd assume that means you own parts of this place, but I'm not sure. I mean... do you? And if so, you must be pretty important to get your own spaces within a Guild. Oops, sorry. I didn't meant... Ugh. never really been good at 'conversation'. Anyway, here I am. Good to see you're doing well. Anything interesting in the news?"

Zahn smirked as he waited for his companion's response. He felt uncomfortable here, standing a Guild Hall full of mages he didn't know and probably didn't want to know. Still, he was the outsider here so he'd try, at the very least, to be on his best behavior.
Zahn Skye
Zahn Skye
Lamia Scale C
Lamia Scale C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kade Lazarus Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:39 pm

Kade was used to how shy Ren was, though it never ceased to amuse him. He would have thought she would mellow by now, but nope. She showed no signs of that, and he supposed she might be like this for years to come. Hopefully not her whole life, that would be a waste. Fortunately this was not a day entirely spent thinking about Ren. Kade had been gardening, and he would keep gardening. However he did turn most of his attention to Zahn, who was adding to Kade’s comment about Ren being a mouse. “Perhaps. She can be quite delightful if you watch her closely enough, but she certainly wouldn’t take the compliment well.

Apparently she had walked with Zahn here. That was nice of her, “Is that right? Well that’s impressive. Normally she hides from people, its nice to hear she is improving,” he confirmed with a thoughtful nod. He certainly approved of this, but he couldn’t put much stock in a full change. It was a nice hint though. In the year he’d known her, she most certainly had improved. It just didn’t seem like much for anyone just now tuning in. “Well I’m more than happy to supply you with a proper meal! I can use some of the produce that is ready. I can go get some meat if you want, but that will take a bit longer. I don’t mind.” That would require some hunting, but he was sure he could pull it off.

The question about Kade being important surprised him. He looked around. Some trees he had planted, others he had simply maintained. Plants he had grown for years, and that little rabbit hutch for his friend. Those rabbits were off the menu, their owner would probably cry. Kade wouldn’t dream of hurting them, but they were cute company as he worked.

I don’t know about all that… I mean, the land doesn’t belong to me or anything. Its just my garden. The land wasn’t being maintained, just sort of existing when I got here. That was seven years ago. A lot of wizards have joined since then, and they seem to just take for granted that this is my land. Really it is guild land I make use of. No one minds since I’m not messing anything up, and I can feed them, so why would they mind? Also there’s a girl who likes my flower garden,” he added with a small chuckle. She had at least stopped sneaking out to take the flowers without thinking he knew it.
Kade Lazarus
Kade Lazarus
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Back to top Go down

Post by Zahn Skye Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:04 pm

Zahn listened to his friend's explanation and answer to the question that had been posed. He nodded, satisfied with Kade's answer. Also, he was a bit relieved. As long Kade wasn't too high up on the food chain of the Lamia Scale the Jinx mage wouldn't feel awkward just being himself. Well, no more than he usually did anyway. When Kade mentioned that he'd whip something up to eat Zahn cocked an eyebrow questioningly.

Wait... so he's going to make the food himself? Huh. What an interesting person...

Zahn remained silent for a short while before sighing. He'd have to speak up sometime, he supposed. He was in the company of a "friend" so it shouldn't be this hard... but it was. Zahn never knew what to do around other people. He'd just have to give it his best shot here.

"Any food at all sounds good, really. I don't want to put you out any, so if fruit's on hand and easy to do something with let's go with that."

Zahn took a breath, trying to settle his nerves. He'd been more long-winded before, but this time even slight speech was wearing him out. He could only imagine saying more than this would've left him mentally exhausted. He felt like he was going to go crazy if he stayed in this place too long. Still, the comfort of being around someone he'd met before was doing a lot to alleviate a lot of his anxiety. He was certainly grateful to Kade for that, and for the promise of food.

I wonder if he's always like this...

The Jinx mage's thoughts were interrupted by news playing over a magic screen floating in mid-air. Zahn assumed this was the fabled lacrima vision, a two way screen that allowed parties on either end of the screen to see and hear what was going on on the other end of the screen. A news report of a tournament taking place on a special island was being broadcast to all corners of the Guild Hall. Zahn smirked. What kind of whimsy, carefree guys would want to show off their powers in front of other people?

"Heh... so a major event featuring all the Guilds? What fun."

Zahn's voice was fairly droll, and he wasn't being completely serious, but a tournament featuring all the Guilds did at least sound interesting if nothing else.
Zahn Skye
Zahn Skye
Lamia Scale C
Lamia Scale C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kade Lazarus Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:38 pm

Kade didn’t have any illusions of grandeur. He was a guy, and he did things. Okay, that was too basic for him. He was a mage who liked helping people. Maybe one day he should become a hero. He was sure his father would want that. He did things because he liked to help people, and for the most part he was good at it. He had enough of a head on his shoulders that he didn’t just go around announcing to people he was a dragon slayer, or hurting others. That was a vote of confidence too.

Zahn was quiet as ever, but it seemed he was trying. He wasn’t picky about the food and Kade waved a hand, “I’ll make a nice lunch. Don’t worry about it. We both have to eat, and I invited you for food. No harm,” he reminded him. He began collecting some vegetables and some fruits when something appeared between the two men. A tournament. Well, Kade was absolutely on board. He grinned.

Zahn didn’t seem so easily convinced. As Kade held two baskets, Zahn casually commented on the tournament. “Oh, don’t sound so bored,” he teased. “It’ll be a good experience! Remind people what the guilds are all about, and it’s a nice change from that whole ‘hunt all ye who possess magic without the stamp of divine approval’” he said in a mock stuffy voice. He then grinned again. Honestly he thought it was absolutely heinous what had happened. This would be good for them. And besides, he loved any chance he got to represent his guild. “Actually… you could come! I’ll get a team together… and you could absolutely come. It’ll be a good time, hm?” he asked as he headed inside with Zahn. He made his way to the kitchen now, laying out the baskets and turning on a magic powered stove.
Kade Lazarus
Kade Lazarus
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Back to top Go down

Post by Zahn Skye Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:38 pm

Kade mentioned that making a nice lunch wasn't any trouble and Zahn was grateful. He didn't usually get to eat a lot. As a Guildless mage he'd stayed away from people most of the time. Still, Kade seemed like the type of person who wanted to be someone's friend no matter what. Zahn appreciated people like that, since he spent a lot of the time doubting himself.

"Thanks... I appreciate it. I'll make sure I don't wolf it all down... I did promise to come enjoy a meal with you after all."

Kade interrupted by telling him that the tournament would be something to look forward to. Zahn cocked an eyebrow and was about to ask what his fellow mage meant by that but Kade continued before he could, inviting him along for the ride. The Jinx mage looked somewhat astonished at first, but quickly hid it.

Oh... boy... I have to go to this thing now too? I'm not even a Guild mage!

The Jinx mage didn't say any of this out loud but spent a little while thinking about it. The announcement said teams of three. Who would be their third? He thought about it for a second, and realized that Kade would probably invite someone else from Pegasus along. Well, maybe it wouldn't be so bad. Zahn kind of enjoyed Kade's company, at the very least.

"Alright, but I can't promise I'll be all that talkative..."

Now there was an understament if he'd ever spoken one. The Jinx mage was just not comfortable around most people. Maybe people like Ren he could relax a little around, but most people scared him and he didn't trust himself not to hurt anyone. Still, maybe it'd be a fighting tournament. No actual, real interaction. He could handle that he supposed, though he wasn't looking forward to having to show off his magic.

"I suppose it could be worse. I bet the other major Guilds will be in it, so at least we know who will be fighting. It's not like we'll have to fight some powerful evil or whatever..."

Zahn sighed, mostly to himself but nodded confirming that he was on board for the idea. After all, like he said, how bad could it be? He held his hand out and smirked.

"I'm counting on you, then. I think we'll need a third, but after the meal I have to take off again. I'll meet you guys on the day of the tournament."

The Jinx mage finally stopped talking and deeply inhaled. He was exhausted from the long-winded speech he'd just given. Well, long-winded for him anyway.
Zahn Skye
Zahn Skye
Lamia Scale C
Lamia Scale C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kade Lazarus Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:47 pm

Zahn wasn’t a chatterbox. That was just fine. Kade liked people who talked a lot and people who didn’t talk much, and people who talked in between those amounts. How often people spoke didn’t give away their character. So he didn’t put much stock in it, to be honest. “Well you could if you really wanted,” Kade reminded him. He had a few things to carry inside, and made sure to have them ready as they walked inside.

He extended an invitation to Zahn to come to the tournament and luckily the other man agreed. Kade grinned, “I don’t mind if you’re talkative or not. It’ll be great to have the company.” He already knew who he could ask. As the stove was on Kade got a pot and put some water in it to begin heating up. “Nope. Just a friendly competition between the guilds. Besides, you don’t have to be affiliated with a guild to be part of the magical community. You have just as might place in this as I do, and thanks for agreeing to come,” he said, just making sure that was clear.

He spread out some vegetables and began washing them and cutting them. He had some spices and sauces in the fridge. He also had some prepared meat in there that he’d been hunting. Kade was prepared, and happy that Zahn had come today. Things were working out really well. Soon he’d peeled and cut up all the vegetables, putting them in the water to cook, and beginning to season them. He also took out some meat and let it sizzle in a pan on the stove top. “I could have prepared a lot more food had I actually known for sure when you were coming over. But its great to see you all the same.
Kade Lazarus
Kade Lazarus
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Back to top Go down

Post by Zahn Skye Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:03 pm

"It smells delicious..."

Zahn mused about the food while he pondered what he'd do in the tournament. He didn't want to go, but Kade was not only nice, but apparently very persuasive. Lucky Zahn. He sighed softly and watched Kade make the food. He was happy Kade said he'd enjoy Zahn's company. The Jinx mage looked over and saw that Kade was making some stew... and apparently he was using everything he could find.

"... I suppose you cook for a lot of people usually. I think I can eat that much, but you must be hungrier than I am."

The Jinx mage had a wry sort of smile on his face as he continued to watch his companion make the food. If anything, this proved that Kade could not only take care of himself, but also a team of people if he needed to. Or at least, he could feed a whole team of people. He seemed to be enjoying having Zahn around and the Jinx mage soon found himself thinking about the past. He thought about his family, and about the war, and about how the world had been changing ever since the end of the war the Magic Council had started.

... almost all of my family members, gone because of that terrible war... and my sister...

Zahn sighed and realized the food was ready. He could only hope, as he ate his food, that the future of Fiore remained as peaceful as it was now, with him being able to share a meal with his friend and laze about wandering from place to place, living from day to day...

"Thanks again for having me, Kade. I hope the tournament goes well for us then. The stew smells amazing. I can't believe you can use all of that and still have something you cooked look that good. Seems like you're pretty handy when it comes to surviving."

Zahn's gaze became wistful as he thought about what he'd do after this.

"I suppose I won't go too far, since I'm supposed to be here for the boat that'll take us to the island where the tournament takes place. I do have some other things to take care of in town, but I'll be around..."

That was a pretty obvious lie. Zahn was just not used to kindness and didn't want to overstay his welcome at the Guild. On his way out he'd be sure to thank Ren though. She was a pretty good host all things considered.
Zahn Skye
Zahn Skye
Lamia Scale C
Lamia Scale C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kade Lazarus Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:30 pm

Kade certainly could cook, and take care of his company. He liked being a host. It usually boded well when he took the time to get to know everyone around him, and when he offered them free food. People loved free food. Especially well cooked free food. He would no doubt have made a more specific meal, instead of a collect-everything type of stew, for most occasions, but for right now he was happy with this.

Yeah. I used to cook for myself, but that didn’t make sense. Guilds attract a lot of lonely people, and a lot of kids. Kids can’t always cook, and sometimes you just want to be part of a family. Families cook and eat together, so I got into the habit of making food for anyone who was interested. Plus, then I get to eat with them,” he said with a smile. It had helped with his popularity.

Kade set out the food and he and Zahn began eating. “I’m sure it will go well,” Kade assured him. He didn’t know for certain he could get Ren to agree to go, but he would be pleased if she did. She was trying to be more involved, so he thought he could handle it. As they continued to eat, Kade started talking about leaving. How he had things to take care of in town. Yeah, that… wasn’t true. Kade kept eating, and stopped to speak when Zahn seemed done. “Well, if you have things you need, that is fine. You’re free to come and go as you please, of course. Show up any time, I’m happy to have you here. But of course, you’re never obligated either way,” he told him simply. He knew people needed time to get used to a new environment. Especially the skittish people.
Kade Lazarus
Kade Lazarus
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down