FTR has moved to fairytailrevolution.jcink.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cat Fight!

Go down

Cat Fight! Empty Cat Fight!

Post by Toril Tempest Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:22 am

This problem sounded like a cakewalk compared to her little babysitting mission yesterday. That was probably a good thing since Toril was still sore after that stupid move that ended with shocking herself with lightning. She clenched her ring-decorated fists as she thought about it. She was trying to hurry to her destination – The young woman named Aveline had been rather nervous when she asked Toril to help break up her landlady and a troublesome woman who lived there.

“Please, miss. I hate to ask you, but since you work for the council… maybe my landlady will listen to you even though you’re a k… er… you’re young?” She was about to say kid. Toril didn’t much like the fact that she was still young enough for people to think of her as a kid, but it wasn’t that important. She was still old enough to help people, and that was exactly what she was trying to do now.

"Of course, Miss," Toril had responded, gently grabbing Aveline's arms reassuringly. "I may be a junior paladin, but I can help break up a fight, no problem. Stay here, and I'll go take care of it."

"B-be careful! They're both pretty hard-headed. I don't want to cause you to get hurt over it either."

"Trust me," Toril had grinned, "I'm pretty hard-headed too. You have to be for this job."

Pulling her sunglasses off the top of her head and placing them properly on her face, Toril grinned before breaking into a run. She really shouldn’t be walking if people were in danger of actually getting into a fight. It was time to be a proper junior paladin, and hopefully this time she could just use her brains instead of her somewhat lacking brawn.

294/500
Toril Tempest
Toril Tempest
Council D
Council D

Experience : 54
Primary Magic : Holder: Ring Magic
Secondary Magic : N/A

Back to top Go down

Cat Fight! Empty Re: Cat Fight!

Post by Toril Tempest Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:07 am

Toril rounded a corner, nearly bowling over a man as she shouted “Sorry! Council business!” and kept running. She didn’t like nearly steamrolling men four times her size, but she would feel really bad if she let someone get hurt because she wasn’t fast enough would be pretty terrible, wouldn’t it? It would be to her. She nearly ran over another man in an alleyway, but quick thinking and minor parkour skills let her dodge this man as well. She landed with a small squeak and kept running, finally stopping in front of a fancy-looking apartment. The sound of shouting could be heard inside. It was hard to make out what they were saying.

Putting her sunglasses back on top of her head, Toril popped inside, throwing the door open. “Excuse me! I’m junior paladin Tempest. What’s going on here?” Both women stopped their shouting for half a second, looking at her before going back to trying to verbally tear each other apart. The younger girl was shouting about the landlady being a heartless tyrant, and the landlady was shouting about there being no excuse for not paying rent without notice.

Toril raised a hand slightly, blinking a couple of times. They weren’t taking her seriously! “Ladies! Ladies! Please!” Toril wasn’t getting anywhere anytime soon it seemed. Not unless she found a way to make them listen to her before they started ripping each other apart and required her to use her magic on them. She really didn’t want to have to do that.

548/500
Toril Tempest
Toril Tempest
Council D
Council D

Back to top Go down

Post by Toril Tempest Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:53 am

Things weren’t going well for Toril. No one would listen to her, probably because she looked like the almost 16 year old she was. That was why she physically inserted herself in between the two, arms spread out to the side as if to block their movement. “As a junior officer of the Magic Council, I have to ask you two to calm down,” she told them with a frown. Her ring on her right hand sparked with energy, but she had no intent of using it. “Please. You’re both adults! Can’t you work something out?”

“I could if this ***** would let me have just one more week to get my money!” the punkish girl in front of Toril insisted as she crossed her arms and backed off slightly, for now at least. Toril slowly lowered her arms as she decided no one was going to suddenly feel the need to stab someone else. She could feel the tension in the room though, and it had her agitated as well.

“Yeah, well I’m your landlady, and what I say goes. That’s how things work!”

“It’s not like I haven’t been trying! You’ve been too busy for me to get ahold of until today, and now you’re jumping down my throat!”

“You could have left me a letter!”

“You could have stopped thinking about your stupid paycheck long enough to actually care about your tenants!”

“Stop!” Toril was tired of not being listened to. She was tired of these two adults acting like children while she had to be an adult. “Both of you! Listen to yourselves! Miss, do you have anything you can give your landlady in the meantime?” She looked to the landlady, “And do you think if she could come up with any chunk of the rent in the meantime you could give her a chance?”

“I suppose,” they both answered in unison. Before long, Toril had things sorted out as best she could. She asked the landlady to leave for now and cool down, and everyone agreed they’d just drop the incident and proceed from there.

So Toril walked back to where she’d left Aveline, feeling rather accomplished. Her arms rested behind her head comfortably, a grin on her face as her hair blew in the cool evening wind. She wasn’t hopeless after all. That was good. Nines would probably appreciate her ability to solve small problems without unneeded violence. Personally, Toril would have considered having to use force on random citizens to be a failure on her part as a junior paladin. She had no intention of hurting innocent people. “See?” Toril asked Aveline as she walked up with a grin on her face. “It took a bit of work, but they’ve calmed down and are even going to look past everything. You should be good for at least a month.”

“Oh! Thank you!” Aveline nodded with a grin, hugging the younger girl tightly. Toril found the fact that she nuzzled Toril’s cheek with her own a bit uncomfortable, even if it was genuinely out of relief.

“Er… yeah no problem,” Toril nodded. “It’s not a problem. Helping people’s what I signed on for!”

1077/500

-Exit-
Toril Tempest
Toril Tempest
Council D
Council D

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content