FTR has moved to fairytailrevolution.jcink.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What a Cute Doll

Go down

What a Cute Doll Empty What a Cute Doll

Post by Ava Brooks Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:06 pm

There was trouble everywhere. There were always people in need of some sort of help, and Ava was not the woman to help. She was only sixteen years old, some people would still be calling her a girl. Regardless, she was not someone people turned to when they needed help. Sometimes they did because she just so happened to be walking around in that area, but otherwise not so much. After all, she wasn’t combat savvy. She had a couple of keys, and she adored them. She had her Sparkfly, who was as adorable and cuddly as ever. She had purchased her Glacial Renard months ago in her last trip to Magnolia, and recently she bought a new key. Malkah. Now, Malkah didn’t have the same cuddly personality as Sparkfly, and wasn’t soft like Glacial Renard, but she seemed nice enough. Ava knew she didn’t sound like a fighter when she spent her time forming friendships with her “weapons.” Alright, some people actually did talk to their weapons, when they were swords or shields. Well, she thought that was weird, but she thought it was just as weird to treat celestial keys like weapons. They were allies in combat and in life. They weren’t tools.

205/1000
Ava Brooks
Ava Brooks
Lamia Scale C
Lamia Scale C

Experience : 139
Primary Magic : Celestial Spirit Magic
Secondary Magic : N/A

Back to top Go down

What a Cute Doll Empty Re: What a Cute Doll

Post by Ava Brooks Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:40 pm

So Ava was in the market for more allies. She heard something about her guildmate buying her a present. That wasn’t actually an odd statement. Ambrose had a habit of giving Ava little trinkets. Usually in the style of a porcelain doll, or just a doll. He only had so much money, and she appreciated any of his gifts. She also appreciated him setting up shelves in her room so she could display her dolls and books. It was a good thing her roommate, Astra, didn’t mind. But the strange thing was who had mentioned seeing something Ava would like. Renata? Since when did she… well… buy anything? It certainly struck Ava as an odd thing. Well, she would be interested in seeing what the reclusive older girl thought would be a good present for Ava.

Today was not about whatever Ms. Caverly was giving, but what Ava herself could acquire. She wanted to find a new key. She knew a man named Reye often times sold keys, and he traveled through Lamia Scale area to do his business. More so to get protection, but she didn’t mind either way. He was an older gentleman and she like anyone who could sell her keys and understand her respect for them.

415/1000
Ava Brooks
Ava Brooks
Lamia Scale C
Lamia Scale C

Back to top Go down

Post by Ava Brooks Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:14 pm

Ava found the caravan and walked up. Reye was sitting there cutting up an apple with a pocket knife. He jumped a bit when he first saw her, and then calmed himself down. Ava found he was usually a bit jumpy, but he was nice anyway.

Good day, Miss Brooks. What brings you to my caravan today?” he asked politely. She gave a small curtsy.

I came looking for you today. You have some keys in stock, do you not?

Ah, my keys. Yes, I have a few. Do you have something in mind?” he asked Ava. Reye went back into his caravan, rummaging through a variety of boxes. She could hear things moving, but she could not currently see him. She wondered why he was always so jumpy. He tended to camp near other merchants or in wide open places, well-populated with safe people. She had never heard anyone say anything negative about him, except that he was on edge. Sure it could be tedious to deal with someone so amazingly paranoid, but she supposed if she couldn’t handle that minor of a quirk, she was not very grown up yet.

Nothing in mind. I just wanted to see what kind of keys you had in stock. I only have three right now.

629/1000
Ava Brooks
Ava Brooks
Lamia Scale C
Lamia Scale C

Back to top Go down

Post by Ava Brooks Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:45 pm

Ah, two keys? Well that is not a problem, Miss Brooks. As you have less keys, you have more options to acquire more. Which, pre tell, do you have currently?” he asked from inside the caravan.

Ava pulled out her necklace, looking at. “Sparkfly, Glacial Renard, and Malkah,” she said fondly, touching each key as she said their names. It was like a phone to call each of them in for a visit.

Ah, those are good keys to have. Oh! I know!” he exclaimed. He returned with a lovely silver key. All of them were lovely, but still. He handed it to Ava. “Do you know who this it?

I’m afraid I do not. Who is it?” Ava asked, her curiosity already visible. She held the key in her hand. She hardly cared who it was, at least in that she was happy to buy it.

That is Porcelain. She is a rather unsettling young woman, if you ask me… but a good key for children. She appears as a doll and if you keep her in the room with a child, she will sing them to sleep.” He sounded like a salesman. Something about how he said it implied he found it a bit creepy, but Ava heard only wonderful things.

842/100
Ava Brooks
Ava Brooks
Lamia Scale C
Lamia Scale C

Back to top Go down

Post by Ava Brooks Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:19 pm

That sounds lovely! How much?” Ava asked immediately. She loved dolls, and porcelain dolls were especially nice. And this was a key and a doll? She hoped Astra would not mind, but she was elated.

Ten thousand jewels.

Done,” Ava said, pulling out the correct amount and handing it to Reye. He was happy to sell her the key, and she headed away after a brief conversation. She wanted to meet her key. Ava summoned the Porcelain doll and was not disappointed. A young woman appeared, standing in a lovely black Victorian dress. She had on a beautiful hat with a rose. Her head tilted to the side, her eyes a blank grey. Ava didn’t feel uncomfortable though.

Hello,” She said with a smile, “Its nice to meet you. I am Ava Brooks. I summoned you.

… Hello,” the doll said. He voice seemed almost melodic. Ava curtsied, and the doll slowly returned the motion. They spoke for a few minutes, and Porcelain mostly remained silent. She answered direct questions, and tilted her head sometimes as she spoke, but mostly it was just Ava. She agreed to work for Ava, and seemed happy to do it. At least Ava was interpreting that as happy. When Porcelain went back to her plane, she left a small doll in her place. A doll just like she had been, but younger, and… well a doll. Ava held onto the doll for safe keeping as she headed back home.

1087/1000
Ava Brooks
Ava Brooks
Lamia Scale C
Lamia Scale C

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content