FTR has moved to fairytailrevolution.jcink.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's a Start [Open]

2 posters

Go down

It's a Start [Open] Empty It's a Start [Open]

Post by Eidan Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:09 am

He dragged his pencil across the page in his journal, and stopped once it finally connected with another line. He repeated this same process with a more curved line and watched as the picture before him was enhanced. At first, it appeared to be a blob of lines and dots and other marks he didn't even know what to name. However, with the more time he spent on the drawing, the more it improved. Now it was becoming what he wanted it to be: Blue Pegasus' guild symbol. The teen proceeded to shade in his picture while a cool breeze passed through the area. It ruffled his clothes and hit any part of his exposed skin. Though, instead of shivering like any normal person would, he released a small sigh of content. It certainly felt nice.

Eidan was located in a more secluded section of Shirotsume, one he managed to find only after a few weeks of being in town. In that area, the grass was greener than normal, and the leaves on the scattered trees had already changed color, giving it a more calming and perhaps beautiful look. If one were to try and search for him, they would find the boy in a tree, sitting on one of its lowest branches. The leaves were not only an incredible view, but they provided a blanket from the sun that threatened to shine down and blind him. A large shadow was draped over Eidan as a result, but he didn't mind. If anything it helped people completely ignore him, almost as if he wasn't there.

A yawn suddenly managed to leave his mouth while he continued to shade in his guild's symbol. His guild...it was still strange to call Blue Pegasus "his guild." He just wasn't used to being around so much people. Not to mention BP got more attention than it needed, for not only was it one of the fanciest guilds, it was aligned with the loyalists of the Magic Council. Thinking about the whole topic on the Council was enough to make him feel depressed and exhausted. It'd be best to just throw the thought out some window, because it would lead to memories about his father. His eyelids suddenly began to feel heavier than it was before. Another yawn left Eidan's mouth and he was forced to drop his pencil in the middle of his journal.

Trying to keep them open was a futile cause, but it wasn't like he'd try to fight against anything anyway. Finally, his eyes closed and it wasn't long before light snores left the teen's frame.
Eidan
Eidan
Blue Pegasus D
Blue Pegasus D

Experience : 9
Primary Magic : Ice Make Magic
Secondary Magic : N/A

Back to top Go down

It's a Start [Open] Empty Re: It's a Start [Open]

Post by Vidrio Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:31 am

Vidrio had been travelling through fiore for a while after his meeting with Tatsuma, constantly mulling over his decision to help him. It was something that constantly ate away at his conscience, helping a boy around his age march to what could very well be his death. But Tatsuma had proven his strength, that's what Vidrio would tell himself to ease away his growing guilt. Vidrio's aimless wanderings had placed him somewhere in shirotsume town, a place he had visited countless times before, being homeless and all. Vidrio had to admit he had never been to this particular place before however, he would remember somewhere so beautiful after all.

The light bled slightly through the leaves, draping the green grass in a golden glow. It was a sight that Vidrio, with his powers so dark, could truly appreciate. It was sights like this that reminded him why he had gone on his adventures with Perdido after finding out about Vidrio's parents. It was also why Vidrio had never even considered settling down before, the world around him was too beautiful to settle for certain parts of it. He had always managed to see the beauty in most things, to not limit himself. Gazing around him, he swore slightly under his breath, taking in the sights. He smiled softly to himself before frowning, thanks to his demon hearing, he could hear something...

It sounded like snoring. That put Vidrio on edge slightly, he wasn't alone? He combed his surroundings, unable to find anything out of the ordinary, before a soft thud caught his attention. Turning to his right, he saw a book under a tree. So that meant it had fallen out of it, right? Glancing upwards the sight of a boy, almost invisible in the shadows, sleeping in the tree. Vidrio grabbed the book, glancing downwards at it, he noticed the Blue Pegasus guild mark sketched into it, rather well too. Was the boy a guild member then? The book was obviously important to the boy then, Vidrio was that from how the boy had brought it with him. But now Vidrio had the book and he really didn't have the heart to wake the boy. So he sat down beneath the tree, leaned against it and waited.
Vidrio
Vidrio
Guildless D
Guildless D

Experience : 73
Primary Magic : Takeover: The Unwilling

Back to top Go down

Post by Eidan Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:34 pm

It didn't take long for him to fall into a deep slumber, and it didn't take long for his mind to be taken away into dream land. Or, what he preferred to call it, his haven and delusion, as it was one of the only places he could escape the world...yet everything that occurred there was all fake. It could never happen, and that struck him in the chest. Hard. So, it because the boy was in such a state that he barely noticed when his precious journal dropped, and landed onto the ground below. He didn't notice the man that saw him in the tree and picked up said book. He also missed when that man sat by his tree, patiently waiting for the moment he woke up. That very moment would definitely be coming sooner than expected.

Eidan's head was slowly leaning off to the side, with each snore he took, with each shuffle he made. In fact, the rest of his body eventually began to lean in that same direction. Of course, such a thing was incredibly dangerous. For one, it could lead to-
"Ack...!"
...well, it could lead to that. The teen had completely fallen off his branch and was sent tumbling towards the Earth's green surface. He roughly connected with the ground, consequently creating a thud much larger than the one his journal made. While the boy groaned and slowly moved to sit upwards, his golden-orange eyes caught a sight he didn't want to see.

To the right of him was a raven-haired male much larger than he...with Eidan's sacred journal in his possession. He could only stare wide-eyed at the stranger while shaking and shivering and growing pale. He thought that no one would bother to come here, he thought he wouldn't be noticed here. Couldn't he do anything right for once? Eidan had no clue as to what he was supposed to say or do. Should he say hello? Should he introduce himself? Or would it be best to just ignore the man and take his book back? On the inside was conflict, and on the outside was clear panic. The boy continued to tremble and stare as he struggled with deciding on which course of action to take.
Eidan
Eidan
Blue Pegasus D
Blue Pegasus D

Back to top Go down

Post by Vidrio Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:55 pm

Vidrio had been waiting beneath the tree for only a short time, allowing his thoughts to wander. It wouldn't do him good not to think about what was on his mind, after all. That was when it had happened. There was another, rather loud, thud. That could only mean one thing. The boy was, hopefully, awake now. He cracked open his eyes, keen to see the condition of the boy... And promptly bit his lip to stave off the laughter. The boy was sat there, having fallen from his branch in the tree. Honestly he shouldn't laugh, it had happened to himself before, but god it was amusing.

That was why, when the boy froze and started trembling, Vidrio became concerned. He knew his takeover form looked... menacing, but his human form had never garnered this reaction before. He saw the boys eyes study him, before locking onto the book currently in his possession. That probably meant it was his. Perhaps the boy thought he was being robbed, after all, despite the guild symbol in the book the boy didn't look like a mage. So Vidrio decided he should introduce himself to the boy and hope that it reassured the boy some what.

"Hi there, I assume this book is yours, yes? I wasn't gonna steal it, I was just waiting to return it to you" He said, smiling as nicely as he could. The poor boy looked terrified of him. "My name is Vidrio, it's nice to meet you. What's your name and, if you don't mind me asking, why were you in that tree?" Vidrio asked, once again grinning politely. Maybe the boy was a fellow mage, who knew?
Vidrio
Vidrio
Guildless D
Guildless D

Back to top Go down

Post by Eidan Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:59 pm

Upon seeing a smile on the man's face, Eidan managed to calm himself down a bit. Smiles were good. Smiles were only used by kind people or those who meant to cause no harm. Such as his grandmother. Then again, twisted individuals, like his father, used smiles when they obtained a wicked idea. This man, apparently named Vidrio, didn't appear to have any ill intentions though. He asked a lot of questioned too, but they were pretty harmless. The teen took in a deep breathe before looking towards the ground. He kept silent for a moment, trying to figure out which of the questions he was to answer first.
"M-my name is...Eidan..." he said at last, his gaze still planted on the multiple blades of grass, "And yes...that's my journal." While he answered Vidrio, he couldn't help but wonder about what made him so intriguing. Why would this tall and strong looking man be interested in him? Requesting for a name and his reason for snoozing in a tree spoke volumes, and it wasn't something people normally asked for....or was it? Eidan didn't really interact with other humans, especially those around his age and older, so he wouldn't know. Actually, he shouldn't be thinking about this at all. What right did he have to question the stranger's words?

"I was in the tree because...I was drawing my guild's s-symbol and I...fell asleep. Then I fell off the b-branch and...yeah..." a light pink dusted his cheeks due to his stuttering, which resulted in the boy hanging his head in shame. His eyes drifted to the side, and stayed there for a handful of seconds, before Eidan directed them back to his journal. Being the rather timid person he is, he hesitated before pointing a shaky hand towards the book.
"M-may I...?" he questioned with a hint of caution, his actions inferring that he wanted the journal back in his own grasp.
Eidan
Eidan
Blue Pegasus D
Blue Pegasus D

Back to top Go down

Post by Vidrio Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:38 pm

Vidrio smiled softly when he saw the boy, known as Eidan, relax a bit. Eidan was still terribly tense, but at least the shaking seemed to have stopped. Maybe. Still, it was nice to finally put a name to a face. But what really shocked Vidrio was that Eidan was a member of blue pegasus. He didn't want to voice it, but the boy really didn't look ready to be a mage. The image of Tatsu flashed in his head, reminding him that looks were VERY deceiving sometimes. Nevertheless, here he was with a fellow mage. The least he could do was re-introduce himself as such.

"A mage, eh? Blue pegasus no less. From what I've seen, guild mages are pretty strong. So what kind of magic do ya use?" Vidrio asked. Really he should have given the boy his journal back, but he couldn't pass up the opportunity to learn about another mage. "Since your a mage I should probably introduce myself again." Vidrio stated. He loved meeting mages, well, ones that weren't trying to kill him more like. Still, you could never have too many friends. "As you know, my name is Vidrio and I'm a guildless Takeover mage." Vidrio stated, pride evident in his voice. As dark as his magic was, he was still proud of it.

"Here's your journal, kid. You're a pretty good artist." Vidrio lightly tossed the book to Eidan, who had, rather timidly, asked for it back. Vidrio smiled softly again, before taking a couple of steps toward the timid boy. A thought struck him, tearing through his consciousness. "Hey, since we're both mages, how about a sparring match?" Vidrio asked. Maybe a fight would break the boy's shell. "You know, that when two people cross fists, they can read each others hearts. Maybe you'll see I'm a nice guy?" Vidrio stated, or asked. Really it didn't matter, Vidrio had a new goal until zero hour.

He would become Eidan's friend. Maybe teach the boy a thing or two.
Vidrio
Vidrio
Guildless D
Guildless D

Back to top Go down

Post by Eidan Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:49 pm

"I use Ice-Make magic..." he mumbled, his response barely being audible. However, Eidan's ears unconsciously perked upwards once he heard Vidrio state the type of magic he used. Takeover magic. That was an incredibly brief topic he covered with his father, one where he only learned a single thing: Takeover mages were not to be trifled with. It got the boy wondering why this man wasn't in a guild as of yet. Perhaps he took no interest in any of them, or maybe he just wanted to be a free soul. There was a plethora of possibilities. Suddenly, the teen jumped in slight surprise upon seeing his journal tossed towards him, despite how lightly it might've been tossed. He luckily caught it, albeit rather clumsily.

"T-thank you...I'm not all that g-good though." Eidan managed to stutter out while the tips of ears turned bright red. Not much people complimented him in his entire lifespan, not that they had much to compliment on. Though, it was still...nice to hear one from somebody. So far, this man was being incredibly kind, and he wasn't feeling that cautious anymore. At least, until Vidrio suggested a sparring match. A shocked expression managed to break out onto the teen's face as he began to nervously twitch.
"A spar?" he whispered to himself, his eyes slightly widening. Eidan had never really fought with anyone before. Yes, he practiced his magic against animals in the past, but not against another person. Not against someone he had only met moments ago. How could be possibly stand his ground against this man? However, he couldn't reject the offer. For all he knew it could anger the fellow mage in front of him, and he didn't want to anger anybody.

"...Okay," the boy replied, still twitching anxiously, "I can spar with y-you..."
Before he rose up and off the ground, Eidan placed his journal onto the somewhat prickly surface of the grass, then scooting it a safe distance away from their position. By the time he was on his feet, the boy was already taking a few steps back. It was drilled into his head to get a comfortable distance away from the opponent. That way he would have time to perform his spells, since make magic did eat up a few vital seconds. He stretched his arms outwards and brought his hands together, ready to make a move based on Vidrio's actions. As battle ready as he seemed, Eidan was still twitching here and there.
"C-can you go easy on me...? I'm not very experienced." he said.

(I'm not completely used to fighting on the site, so if I do anything wrong, can you point it out for me? And sorry for the late post.)
Eidan
Eidan
Blue Pegasus D
Blue Pegasus D

Back to top Go down

Post by Vidrio Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:46 am

Vidrio let out a soft smile, watching the boy fumble around the complement Vidrio had given him.It was like nobody had ever said anything nice to the poor guy. The name of the boys magic caught Vidrio's attention though. Ice make was a very popular and common magic and for good reason. With nearly limitless potential it was close to perfect for people with good imagination. And Eidan was quite a good artist too, a dangerous combination. He had thought he had made progress with the boy, until Eidan had become a twitching wreck at the mention of a spar. Well, one step forward two steps back as they say.

Vidrio watched as Eidan got ready for the fight, putting some distance between himself and Vidrio, asking for Vidrio to go easy on him. Vidrio smiled softly at that, for someone to think he was that good was flattering, but he really wasn't anything special. "Don't worry Eidan, it's just a friendly spar, I won't go for any killing or crippling blows if you don't." Vidrio said clearly, to placate the boys fears. The boy was too tense, and Vidrio felt himself go into lecture mode. "You're too tense Eidan, forget about everything in life and focus solely on beating me. Don't hold back for an instant, it will only pull you down in the long run." Vidrio stated, hoping to calm the boy.

Vidrio grinned as he shifted his weight to his right foot and shot off, aiming a palm strike to Eidan's chin. He hoped that he could beat the boy without using Takeover, he really didn't want the boy to go into a fit seeing his form.
Vidrio
Vidrio
Guildless D
Guildless D

Back to top Go down

Post by Eidan Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:37 pm

Too tense. He was too tense. But, wasn't he always tense, no matter what situation he was put into? Eidan took in a breathe and tried to suppress his twitching. Then, he followed Vidrio's advice, focusing only on beating the fellow mage in front of him. Surprisingly, it began to actually work. He could feel himself becoming a bit calmer. However, by the time he wasn't so nervous anymore, his opponent had already sprung into action. The boy wasn't able to even jump in surprise since the palm strike hit his chin immediately. The attack forced him to stumble back by a step or two, and it also sent his reflexes to work.

Eidan wasted no time in sending a swift kick towards Vidrio's midsection. However, it was merely on reflex. The idea to retaliate immediately after getting struck was beaten into his brain. He wasn't sure if that was a good or bad thing, because that meant he'd hit someone even if harming him was on accident...Moving on, it didn't seem like Vidrio was using his magic, which made Eidan wonder if he should use his ice-make later on. Doing so didn't seem fair though, so it was probably best if he stayed with hand-to-hand combat for now.

WP: 130/150
(Sorry for the tiny post, had a minor case of writer's block.)
Eidan
Eidan
Blue Pegasus D
Blue Pegasus D

Back to top Go down

Post by Vidrio Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:22 pm

(Don't worry, it happens to everyone. Quality not quantity.)

Vidrio was pleased to see that his advice had an effect on the Eidan. It seemed a bit backwards to help an opponent, but it was only a spar. Plus he liked Eidan, sure the kid was a bit timid, but that wasn't too bad of a thing. And if he could help Eidan now, increase the boy's skills, it would be worth it. He was moderately surprised that his initial strike had actually landed, poor Eidan seemed to be marveling at the fact his advice helped. He would have been dissapointed, if Eidan hadn't immediately lashed out with a kick towards his stomach.

The kick was relatively faster than he had been expecting, but it had been thrown out of habit. It was like the boy hadn't planned it out at all. Vidrio had been caught unaware, hastily threw up his left forearm to try to block the kick. It worked, but it still hurt. After blocking the hit (poorly) Vidrio launched himself backwards, thinking about what he had said to the boy. It was also backwards to tell him not to hold back, and then do it yourself.

Landing on the ground, he swiftly steeled his resolve. Holding back would only hurt Eidan in the end. It wasn't as if he was prone to losing control of himself after all. "Prepare yourself, Eidan!" Vidrio shouted across the clearing. He smirked, this would be fun. "Takeover: Mugetsu." Vidrio whispered, the sound carrying along the wind, as he changed into his monstrous form, the flames on his collar bone roaring into life. "No more holding back!" He growled, demonically, as he leapt forward, imitating the same palm thrust at a higher speed. He wasn't going to palm thrust however, at the last minute he was going to lower his arm and aim for Eidan's chest with an uppercut.

WP: 180/200

Mugetsu:
Vidrio
Vidrio
Guildless D
Guildless D

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content