FTR has moved to fairytailrevolution.jcink.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guarding All Guard Like

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Guarding All Guard Like - Page 2 Empty Re: Guarding All Guard Like

Post by Ren Caverly Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:12 pm

Ren nodded, despite not thinking of him as a friend. Guildmate, for better or for worse. At least his point was valid. He had heard her yell, so he came to investigate. As the searing pain in her leg was a reminder of why she had yelled, she managed to clear her head. He wasn’t somehow involved in some master plot to steal things. He wasn’t there to make her look bad, she was well capable of that, he was just trying to be nice. He baffled her all the more, but at least she could relax slightly.

Although she didn’t like showing off her magic, she had to appreciate it. Her shadow stretched out and pulled the scrolls from the top of the off the bookshelf and she put out a hand to catch them as the shadow slid them into her fingers. The additional darkness then ran down her arm, dropped off, and ended up at her feet again, where it ought to be. She didn’t like showing people her “not pretty” magic, but right now it was necessary. Besides, it seemed he had already seen it.

In those moments Ren had a strange sense of adulthood. She was doing her job, she was in the moment, and not worrying about anything. She was as relaxed as she could be in that situation, the pain keeping her head clear of irrelevant concerns. It was a good moment, but of course Kade felt like then was a really good time to talk.

[Shadow Hand(15 MP). 65 Remaining]

Ren Caverly
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Back to top Go down

Post by Ren Caverly Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:44 pm

That’s really cool Ren! How come I never see you use your magic? That’s very useful,” the smiling man informed her. Ren’s face turned red again and the adulthood was gone. Her blush was no more awkward than her clumsy arms as she took the scrolls and stuffed them into her hoodie pockets awkwardly, as if they would suddenly be stolen from her fingertips.

I, th-they, I… its n-not cool, I j-just….” she trailed off, sputtering horribly and unable to form a coherent sentence.

Aw, of course it is. That was great!

She knew he just wanted to be nice; it was in his nature, oddly enough. Unfortunately she felt all too awkward to be near him. She took a step backwards and managed to catch one leg on the other, sending her falling backward. Kade’s eyes went wide as the girl fell down. He seemed surprised for a moment, and then bent down and the concern in his voice made her realize it was something else.

Your leg looks awful Ren, what happened? Did they do this?

Y-yes. C-can you just go to bed. I am fine. I will be fine.” He arched an eyebrow at her, apparently surprised by her insistence that he leave her be, when she was injured. She picked herself up to her feet and stood there, willing him to leave faster. He took his time, but in a few minutes he was thankfully gone.

Ren Caverly
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Back to top Go down

Post by Ren Caverly Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:38 pm

With the room empty again Ren went and found a nice place to sit. She was limping because of the burn, but she knew she could handle that. The injury was secondary, the job came first. She had a vantage point where she could see the window in case anything else bad happened, but she was well out of view. When she felt calm enough she encased her leg in shadows and could feel the healing start.

The hours passed slowly as Ren continued healing herself, and kept her eyes on the window. The darkness faded into that awkward gray light. It was nice that the terrors of night were fading, but the sunlight meant people, and Ren had an uncomfortable relationship with that gray light that implied the upcoming dawn.

Unsurprisingly dawn did come, and Ren kept sitting there. The sun was fully out in the sky by the time the doors opened and Ren saw that familiar orange hair. She stood up and walked over to him, past the window, and feeling entirely too guilty about it.

Good morning. How did last night go?” he asked, seeming friendly enough. She wasn’t even sure he remembered her name, but that was fine by her. His expression turned to surprise when she pulled the scrolls out of her hoodie for him.

[Shadow Stasis(30 MP overcharged). 35 Remaining]

Ren Caverly
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Back to top Go down

Post by Ren Caverly Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:28 pm

I’m r-really sorry about the window,” she said, watching as his eyes now went to the window, “Some people broke in. But they left. I k-kept these for you. I’m really s-sorry. B-but that’s all. I can leave if you don’t need anything else.” She really wanted to go to her room. She really wanted to just get out of here and not have to worry about this anymore.

Gorge looked very surprised, but then pleased, “Well that is good. I would hate for anything bad to have happened. Alright, you can head off, thank you.” Ren felt relieved. She was just about to leave, and everything would be fine, but he had one last night. He pulled out a small bag of coin and put it in her hand, replacing the scrolls. “Thank you for the help.

She wanted to argue. She wanted to give the money back. She didn’t want paid. She internally groaned. Ren couldn’t argue, it just wasn’t here. She reluctantly put the bag into her hoodie and headed out from the library. She was going to hole up in her room and sleep until she felt better. She was tired from all of that, and she was starting to feel the weight of that tattoo on the back of her neck.
Ren Caverly
Ren Caverly
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Experience : 615
Primary Magic : Shadow Magic
Secondary Magic : N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down