FTR has moved to fairytailrevolution.jcink.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tripping Traps

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tripping Traps - Page 2 Empty Re: Tripping Traps

Post by Kade Lazarus Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:06 pm

Verity was a strange little creature. Most people were… most? Okay, all people were strange in their own way. He just felt like she was a bit more obvious about her oddities. Not that she did that on purpose necessarily, but some quirks were subtle, and hers probably not so much. She was not a subtle young lady. That wasn’t a bad thing, as it seemed to work for her, but some things about Kade needed to be subtle. Such as his shifts away from discussing his magic. People may remain curious, but if he were to suddenly say he didn’t want to discuss it, that would make people more curious. He did not need that. He was happy to discuss his guild instead. “I think it only makes sense to grow fond of the people you’re around for that long. You work together, eat together,” he shrugged.

When it came to Ava and Ren though, he had stronger opinions about them both. “Yes, she has her own version of fun. Mostly reading, or collecting keys. And as far as the second girl…. I talk to her. I’ve even asked if she wanted to play, but she doesn’t. She might actually, but she won’t,” he explained in short. She also took to hiding from him when she suspected such questions. Or did she just hide from him in general? Either way, he did find her often enough.

I’m sure I can come up with other reasons for people to think I’ve gone crazy,” he suggested. As far as him camping for Nostalgia, “Yeah, that sounds about right. Connecting with my childhood and all that stuff. You’re welcome,” he told her when she thanked him. He worked on finishing his before she offered to help with the shelter. “Oh… hm… alright sure. I need to collect a lot of sticks, and bigger leaves if we find them. I can built it between these two trees,” he added, pointing to two nearby that were close enough for what he wanted. He had some rope and a surface that was water resistant enough, if he absolutely needed to use that, but he liked building a base regardless.

Kade Lazarus
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Back to top Go down

Post by Verity Lohlepher Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:48 am

The Ava girl seemed to have an alright sense of what was fun and not. Reading she could understand. Reading was the best. However...collecting keys??? Vera wasn't as certain. For the Ren girl, she still wasn't that convinced. Although she did sound like she had a pretty severe case. As for her suggestion about making passer byers think Kade was a little crazy, he said he was sure he could think of better ways. Well duh, anybody could. One way was to talk to yourself. Another way was to dance like a monkey. Of course there was always the option of singing in public places at the top of your voice. Personally, Vera had never tried any of these things but she was sure some people would probably think you were crazy but the end of your act.

She was glad Kade accepted her offer of help. She would have helped anyways whether he wanted it or not. She paid close attention to what he was saying. Sticks and big leaves. Sounded easy enough. She came to the forest a lot so she was fairly confident in her abilities to find those two things without difficulty. She then looked at the two trees to gain a rough idea of how big those leaves would have to be before nodding. "Okay, I can do that. I'll be back soon," she said before walking away to find sticks and leaves.

Once she was a few metres from Kade's camp site, she stopped and looked around the trees. She took a deep breath and sighed. When the woods were wet, the smell was always nice. At least in her opinion. After her little break, she went around on the floor searching for sticks and leaves. She found quite a fair bit and decided to store some in the other dimension just cause she could. By the time she took a break again, she had collected quite the stockpile. Roughly 100 sticks, various sizes, 5 massive leaves and quite a few other big leaves. She leaned against the tree to stretch her back and looked up at the sky. Still raining. Getting heavy too.

She closed her eyes only to be awakened by a loud clapping noise a few seconds later. It hadn't started pouring yet but it was a possibility. She had experienced thunder before when it was near dry. It was a strange occurrence but possible that it came without heavy rain. Vera made a split decision. She could stay out a little more to find sticks and leaves; she hadn't been away from Kade's campsite for too long, maybe 10 minutes, 5 the minimum and 15 the max. But she felt it would be better to get what she had just in case it started pouring and so she started walking back from wherever she was.

Verity Lohlepher
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kade Lazarus Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:34 pm

Kade suspected that said Ava girl had stronger conviction than he did. She didn’t have the experiences to back it up, but she sure was willful. As for her collecting keys, it made sense to him, being that it was for magic. He didn’t think about Verity not realizing that, oh well, a mistake on his part. Kade had little interest in making people think he was crazy. At most he might want that for a job, but otherwise, he’d pass.

Kade would have thought it rude to turn down free help. Besides, what was wrong with a little help? Nothing, as far as he could tell. Unless she messed things up, but he didn’t expect that. Vera agreed to his directions and headed off on her own. Kade looked at his fire. He shouldn’t leave it along, but he really didn’t need it out. It would be colder with the rain, so he left it be. He headed off to find rather large sticks. From that he started cutting them, notching them so that he could make a bar between the two trees, and a frame to hold it up. Why wouldn’t he use his magic for this, after all?

Verity returned while Kade was putting a bit of mud on the edges of his frame. It covered the clean edges of his cutting, but he merely did it to give some added stability. “Hey, got anything?” He didn’t see her carrying anything, so that was strange. He really wasn’t overly familiar with her kind of magic, and didn’t think much of it. The rain was getting heavier, and his fire was starting to appear as if it might go out. He considered shielding it with his magic, but he thought that he should focus on the structure instead. Especially with the lightning he was sure he heard. Water, lightning, fire… these were not his elements.

Kade Lazarus
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Back to top Go down

Post by Verity Lohlepher Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:20 am

She nodded her head promptly as soon as she returned to the camp site. "Definitely," she said before summoning all the stuff she collected from the other dimension and dumping it on the ground. Because there were no magical properties to sticks and leaves it didn't take any mana to summon them or store them. It occurred to her then that Requip magic was pretty useful. She stood back a centimetre and took in their surroundings. If she wasn't wrong the weather just magnified in its ferocity. The wind was beginning to howl, the trees were shuddering, the sky was raining, certain flashes among the clouds were there. Brilliant weather if she could say so herself.

She looked back down from the sky and eyed the two trees and dying fire. There didn't seem to be much use in offering to set the fire back on fire. It wouldn't catch if the wood was wet and by the looks of it, it was pretty damp. "So....what do you need me to do now?" she asked, her teeth slightly chattering. She wasn't wearing particularly warm clothing and she hadn't needed to wear warmly because honestly, at this time of the year, it was usually hotter than it was cold. The weather was really unexpected. "Have you ever been in rough weather when camping before?" she asked just to make conversation while she waited for instructions. She was a bit of a catalyst when taking things into her own hands when she knew nothing about the actual thing. She was a natural like that. The thought occurred to her that if the weather got even more worse she'd probably need to trek back through the woods and get soaked. She shuddered slightly. On the positive side, at least she wouldn't need a shower anymore.
Verity Lohlepher
Verity Lohlepher
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Experience : 253
Primary Magic : Re-Quip Magic: The Witch
Secondary Magic : N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by Kade Lazarus Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:39 pm

Verity was more resourceful than she looked. Kade grinned as she summoned a small mountain of helpful items. Of course they were all natural things found in the area, that he had sent her to collect, but it was still impressive. “You’re good at this,” he told her casually. She asked for instructions, “Yeah, sure. Just help make a frame. It needs to be bigger, and very sturdy. If we can uses the leaves within the sticks to keep out the rain, that would be good. I do have a tarp though, and if I need to, I will throw that over to keep out the storm.

She thought the weather was brilliant. He thought it was a mess. He’d be soaked to the bone, and that was no fun. He knew how to avoid getting sick, and how to care for himself if it did get that bad, but that didn’t mean he wanted to go to all that trouble. He also didn’t want her to get sick. She might have been back to town if she hadn’t stopped for dinner with him. She asked if he’d been camping in this rough weather before? “Yes. I used to live outside, so I’ve been camping in pretty bad situations. I don’t prefer it though.

At that point he decided it was getting hard to see. He summoned a light barrier. It was set over the structure they were trying to build, and shone quite bright. Since it was pure light it was also somewhat warming. It kept the rain off for that period of time, but he had no desire to keep sustaining it for a while. He helped Verity set up the frame, then went ahead and got the tarp out, just in case. Then he got inside. He held the flap open for her to join him. “Welcome to the torrential downpour shelter,” he said in amusement.
Kade Lazarus
Kade Lazarus
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Experience : 627
Primary Magic : Light Dragon Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Verity Lohlepher Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:49 am

Verity shrugged the compliment off. "I'm guess I'm not that bad. You're really good at this wilderness survival stuff," she said. She found she was usually better at the practical stuff in life rather than the theoretical. That was because she preferred to be doing something where her attention didn't drift and she considered the theoretical things in life to be boring. From listening to Kade's instructions, she figured that all she really needed to do was make a big, sturdy frame out of sticks and leaves. That sounded reasonably easy. Not. She wasn't particularly sure what kind of frame he wanted. An A-frame? A flat frame? She shook her head. It didn't matter; it was just a frame for a shelter and she was sure Kade would help out so she'd just follow him. It wasn't like she was going to get into serious trouble if she did the wrong thing unless being soaked counted. Once she finished reasoning it out in her head, she started making the actual frame.

It was a slow going at first but once she got the general gist of what to do, she found it was actually pretty easy to make. She heard Kade give a response to her question while she was intertwining a leaf in between a bunch of sticks. "Who would?" she commented distantly, too focused on her task to make much more of a sentence. The lighting was not that good causing her to need to squint her eyes to be able to see in the dark better. However, her problem was soon solved by Kade casting some form of light barrier. It became much easier to see, not to mention a lot warmer. They finished the structure soon after and Vera stood back to look at their handiwork while Kade got the tarp. She reckoned it looked sturdy and big, the criteria in which it had to fit.

Vera was about to enter after Kade and smirked when he welcomed her into the rightfully named torrential downpour shelter. "Let's hope it doesn't break lest we get stuck under a bunch of twigs and leaves," she said, entering through the flap and looking around the less than impressive inside. In fact, she wasn't sure she could say she was looking; it was pretty dark. "I take back what I said about hoping that we don't get stuck under a bunch of twigs and leaves. I think we should more hope we don't crash into something that then causes it to break and thus causing a landslide over our heads," While waiting for her eyes to adjust in the darkness, she sat down somewhere on the still damp floor. It wasn't very pleasant. The thought occurred to her that she could be sitting on some creepy looking bug. She made a face, although it wasn't visible in the dark before deciding to stand up again. She'd much rather stand than share the floor with the creepy critters.
Verity Lohlepher
Verity Lohlepher
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kade Lazarus Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:28 pm

Kade liked a mixture of the mental and the physical. He could be just as happy hiking as having a conversation, but for wholly different reasons. Kade wasn’t too worried about the frame, it would do what it wanted as they formed it. Besides that, he was planning to help her along. An A-frame would be best, but he figured they couldn’t mess it up too badly either way. He worked with her as she went.

Kade just wanted out of the rain. He was a creature of light, which meant sunshine. That meant staying dry and warm. Sure, he loved a good mud fight, and he enjoyed playing in the water, and even the rain… but he didn’t want to get stuck out in it. The lightning on the other hand, that was a whole separate element. He’d seen a rather irritating young person who focused on lightning magic, but Kade didn’t plan to interact with him ever again if it could be helped. Washing his hands of people was not something Kade was prone to doing, but this was close enough. The lightning was a mild reminder of the blinding anger… yeah, he got under the tarp as soon as he could.

Verity entered into the shelter and had her complaints immediately. Kade knew it was dark, he knew it was damp, he knew it was a bit muddy. Was it better or worse than being outside still getting poured on? He knew it was safer, and with time, it would dry some. Also, it was warmer. He was used to living in poor conditions, even after all this time, so he really didn’t complain. He was weary enough about using his magic around Verity, so he put a hand behind his back. His hand turned to light, then a ball of light rose out of his skin, floating just above his fingers. When his hand was back to normal he pulled it out. It was a slightly heat producing light source. “Is this any better?” he asked as he held the small glowing orb.
Kade Lazarus
Kade Lazarus
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Back to top Go down

Post by Verity Lohlepher Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:53 pm

While Kade thought being inside was better than being wet, Verity didn't mind either way. Each had their benefits, each had their flaws. Judging from the weather, it was reasonable to assume that despite her personal opinions, being inside was better for health reasons. She nodded a thanks to Kade when he summoned some kind of light orb. "Definitely, at least now I can see what I'm sitting on," she said, smiling weakly, a mild attempt to crack a joke. Now that it was lighter, she could detect a slight change in his behaviour. It wasn't that surprising - anyone's mood would be slightly darker if they were out in such weather - but it didn't mean she had to enjoy the change either.

The blonde moved to sit on the floor again and let a blanket of silence wash over her. She had to admit she was slightly tired. The weather had no signs of relenting soon instead appearing to get worse. The prospect of getting home wasn't too welcoming and she dreaded the need to get wet. She guessed if she had to, she would. She never bothered with getting sick. She shivered slightly and closed her eyes. Despite the warmth radiating from the light orb it was still reasonable cold. "Do you mind if I summon a little fire?" she decided to ask Kade. Honestly she wasn't sure whether that would start a fire within the shelter. She didn't think so but it was sometimes better to play it safe.

Verity Lohlepher
Verity Lohlepher
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kade Lazarus Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:40 pm

Verity was strange, but not unperceptive. Perhaps her oddities were disarming. The strange needn’t be feared, yes? Kade supposed he knew people who used that perception to their advantage. He didn’t see her doing it on purpose, but it did come into play. He was definitely more relaxed out of the rain, the lightning, the reminders. He didn’t want to catch a cold. His camping trip would be so much more enjoyable when he didn’t also have to deal with being sick. He wouldn’t turn tail and go home, not hardly, but it would still suck. “I am easily contented, I would have planned better had I expected company,” he said in a mild apology. He knew she wasn’t thrilled, but then again, she had just shown up.

Verity did seem cold. Kade had his bag, and it had a very things in it, a reasonable blanket. Sure she’d get it dirty, but he could always wash it. “A fire? Go ahead as long as you keep control of it.” He suspected for her to summon a fire she was prepared to handle it. He hoped the smoke inside wouldn’t be bad, but he would wait and see. He got his bag and pulled out the blanket. Generally used for emergencies or sleep. He didn’t always need it to sleep, but it was nice to have available. “Here, you can use this if you like.
Kade Lazarus
Kade Lazarus
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Back to top Go down

Post by Verity Lohlepher Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:47 am

Kade seemed to think it necessary for an apology. Verity wouldn't have bothered. Whether it was a lack of societal niceties or that she didn't feel like she should apologise for a weather condition that was uncontrollable, she didn't know. "It doesn't matter. You can't be expected to plan for surprises," she responded. He could take that sentence in many ways. What she meant was surprise as in weather although she guessed surprise as in her sudden appearance would work as a meaning too.

Once Kade said it was okay to summon fire, she didn't hesitate to use her magic to pull out her broomstick from the pocket dimension. Within 2 seconds, the broom was in her hands and she placed it in front of her. Fiera Ignis wasn't a pretty weapon at first glance. It looked burnt and brittle; definitely not something a person could use to fight without it breaking. However, that wasn't true. Vera thought Fiera could be pretty handy in a fight even if it didn't like her at times. And it did have a concealed beauty behind it's ash covered layers. When Kade thought Vera could control her fire he was right. She wouldn't smother their shelter in smoke and flames. While the girl wasn't afraid of death, she still thought it would be a pretty stupid way to go out. To create her fire she simply set the bristle end of the broomstick on fire and contained it there. It was what she had done to learn her attack 'Flaming End'. It wouldn't burn someone's hand if they stuck their hand through. The only way they could get hurt by doing that would be from the bristles themselves. Because of that, it didn't release any smoke and just provided a source of warmth.

Once her fire was started she felt her muscles relax from their formerly tense positions. It was still cold but not so much she was shaking or anything. She saw Kade go to his bag and watched him with curious eyes. He only pulled out a blanket which she didn't find very interesting. She was about to drift off again when she heard him offer the blanket to her. She was surprised, thinking it was for Kade himself. She guessed it would be nice for the extra warmth but she shook her head anyways. "I'm alright, I've got my fire now, maybe you can use it," she said, politely declining his offer.

The Fairy Tail mage listened to the steady pattern of rain falling outside and began to feel drowsy. Rain had that effect on her. She probably would have dozed off when a sudden sound awoke her. "Did you hear that?" she asked, looking around the shelter. Nothing seemed amiss. She was beginning to think she was imagining things when the strange crashing noise came again. That time she got to her feet. "I'm going to go outside," she told Kade before exiting the shelter.

Verity Lohlepher
Verity Lohlepher
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kade Lazarus Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:39 am

It really wasn’t an apology. An expression that he would have done better had he planned. More a polite observation than an expression of guilt. She could, however, take it how she pleased. Many social exchanges were open for interpretation and reception. He smirked when she said he couldn’t plan for surprises. “Is that so? I probably should be able to, otherwise I’m bad at surviving in the wilderness.” It wasn’t much of wilderness, since she’d wandered out here from town, but it was close enough. He had planned for rain, but not rain and company. Oh well, he was making due, so he supposed it wasn’t that bad.

Verity seemed pleased to pull out some fire. Kade expected her to handle her own magic just fine, and it seemed she was going to do that. Kade didn’t spend much time with requip wizards. He didn’t know of any in his guild, and since he didn’t go around talking to all the other guilds, that made up most of his socializing. He did talk to people in the nearby town, but those weren’t wizards. Guildless wizards weren’t in the habit of mentioning their plight anymore. Zahn was an exception, but he was hardly requip. The girl made a safe fire and Kade relaxed a bit more. It was nice to have something warmer in the tent. Verity turned down the offer of a blanket, but he simply rolled it back up and put it away. He would soak for a bit, and dry off later. He sat there, listening to the weather outside, when he heard something. His acute dragon slayer senses picked up on it easily, but he stayed still. Verity jumped though, saying she would head outside. He didn’t intend to let her go out alone, “I’ll come.” He followed her outside. He had suspected the fire was safe on its own, in this case.
Kade Lazarus
Kade Lazarus
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Back to top Go down

Post by Verity Lohlepher Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:47 am

So Verity misinterpreted Kade’s sentence. She didn’t know that and she most likely wouldn’t care even if she knew. She guessed what he said though, about him not being very good at wilderness survival if he couldn’t plan for surprises, was true enough. She’d take it as being unprepared. Maybe being good at wilderness survival involved being prepared. Probably. She shrugged it off dismissively. If she ever wanted to become good at the art of being a caveman, she’d find out.

The blonde found that it was cold outside. That wasn’t a surprise. Her teeth started to chatter and she jumped up and down to shake off her shiver. She regretted leaving her broom inside. She cast a longing gaze behind to the shelter. She could go inside and grab it now. It was a tempting idea. She hesitated a second. Nah, she didn’t really need it. She’d survive. The girl turned around and began to trudge through the rain. She wasn’t afraid of a fire starting. The fire on the broom wouldn’t last very long at all once she wasn’t consciously keeping it there.

As the pair made their way towards the sound, the girl became aware that her shoes weren’t particularly adept at walking in the slightly muddy environment she was currently making her way through. It wasn’t a pleasant feeling wearing sandals. She resisted the urge to grumble. Not before long, she realised she had no idea where she was going, much less where the sound was coming from. She turned around to face Kade. ‘I’m lost. Do you have any idea where the sound is going?’ she asked. When in doubt, ask questions. Or figure it out. It depended on the situation.
Verity Lohlepher
Verity Lohlepher
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kade Lazarus Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:13 pm

She didn’t seem the sort to get too worked up over a misinterpretation. Actually she seemed like the sort who would wonder why anyone cared, and just keep rolling along. He wasn’t sure if that was true, but it sounded that way. He really wasn’t that way. Being good at wilderness survival meant several things, and being good at handling other people was wholly different. It seemed like the later was what Kade needed right now.

Verity left the tent, probably going to get some pneumonia or something. It seemed fairly likely. She’d rather be in the rain, and didn’t want a blanket, and left the shelter. Those things alone were sort of asking for an illness. He was weary enough for the both of them. Not quite “weary,” but something similar. He was cautious. Sometimes he did things without a plan, without preparation, but he liked to weigh that. Could it be risked, or couldn’t it? That bored some people, but he wasn’t there for their entertainment. He was there for his own survival, and to help others. Right now he figured he ought to keep track of his company if he was going to do any of this.

Kade ran his fingers through his slightly shaggy hair, pushing the blue strands back from his face. Absolutely not idea weather, but nothing to do but walk. Kade was silent, listening only to the dangerous storm, and then to Verity when she spoke up. “Nope. I don’t know what it was, but I thought I should at least stay with the group. Could have been something falling from the storm.
Kade Lazarus
Kade Lazarus
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Back to top Go down

Post by Verity Lohlepher Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:48 am

Kade thought she was going to get sick. She probably was. Hopefully not pneumonia though. She didn't care for being sick. It was kind of sad since being healthy was an important aspect of life but that was just the way it was with her.

Verity was slow sometimes. She didn't get what Kade meant by staying with the group. "Staying with the group? You're not part of some crazy thunder loving cult are you?" she asked, her tone, blatantly confused. She obviously didn't mean to ask whether he was part of some crazy thunder loving cult but it just...spilled out from her mouth. At least she didn't think he was part of some crazy thun...and so on. But what if he was? She wondered what a crazy etc. cult would do. Probably dance in a circle yelling prayers and chants about how beautiful the sky looked today. There were a few people in her guild who would probably do that. Along with the mental list she was compiling, Rumours circulated around one particular mage who used some kind of lightning. Maybe s/he did that. She had never seen him/her before since she was new and s/he was always out doing some mission. In fact, screw that thought, her guild was pretty crazy. She wouldn't be surprised if they were having some kind of communal campfire in the rain while singing and chanting.

She looked around at her surroundings and decided to give herself a fun fact. The trees were turning blue. Blue with the tears of the skies. She sighed. That would make beautiful poetry. Tear worthy even. She let the droplets fall on her face before turning around to face Kade. She noted his blue hair. It matched the colour of the trees. He'd do well with camouflage. "I think we should go back now," she said cheerfully as if she hadn't spoken her previous thoughts (starting from the trees turning blue) out loud before. As a matter of fact, she had. She didn't realise it but she did. Not very loudly but slightly louder than just under her breath.
Verity Lohlepher
Verity Lohlepher
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kade Lazarus Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:18 pm

She was strange.

Verity asked, teasing he suspected, if Kade was part of some thunder loving cult. He frowned immediately. Thunder, lightning. “Absolutely not,” he said without hesitation. His current thunder influence came from the reason that this storm was irritating him. He normally restrained himself better, but that had stuck such a cord with him than even now it was hard to think of the situation without losing his cool. It was clear Verity meant nothing by it. She was more confused than anything. He sighed, “Sorry, but nope… maybe if I was I would think I could change this awful weather… at least it probably won’t cause a forest fire, with all this rain,” he told her with a shrug. She might find it odd of him to say all of that, but he wanted to take away from his hostility earlier. This was exactly why he needed to go camping, he needed to right himself. His father would have been disappointed.

She was strange… and now they should go back. Alright, that… was fine. He arched an eyebrow at her, before again pushing his hair back. Yes, he was soaked now. He wanted to go back to the tent, sit inside and dry up. Hopefully no one was sneaking around the area. Making a distracting noise in the forest, then coming and stealing their camp would be clever. Devious. Kade didn’t expect it though, he would have heard it, even through the rain, with his acute hearing. “Sure, I’m more than happy to get back into the shelter.
Kade Lazarus
Kade Lazarus
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Back to top Go down

Post by Verity Lohlepher Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:25 am

Verity nodded her head promptly when Kade responded to her question with a firm 'Absolutely not'. "Okay then," she responded. She was going to troop ahead without a moment's consideration longer on the topic of thunder loving cults when he continued. She shook her head vigorously. "No, because if you were in some crazy thunder loving cult, the point being you love thunder, you would not desire any changes in the weather." she said in a matter of fact tone. She cocked her head to one side while facing him. "Although, If you were in some crazy thunder hating cult, then that would make sense," she added with a grin.

The end of their expedition came nigh when they reached to place where the shelter was located and Vera gladly hopped back inside. She shivered and rubbed her arms. She hadn't picked up on Kade thinking she was strange at all. Even if she did, she'd shrug it off. People had different ideas on what was strange. For all he knew some random person out there could find that she was a perfectly normal human being. She leaned back onto the wall of the shelter and sat down sucking her lip. Her quiet time was over and now all she could think of was random facts about the weather that she had read in a book. She decided to share her knowledge. "Did you know that you can predict what the weather's going to be like in the day by looking at the clouds? So maybe if we went outside again, we could see when it's going to stop raining," she said, her words having no underlying meaning, only there for the sake of it.
Verity Lohlepher
Verity Lohlepher
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kade Lazarus Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:40 pm

He was losing his touch lately. First the mission, now snapping at a girl for a simple question. What was wrong with him? “Heh,” he sighed when she explained what him being in a thunder loving cult would mean. Well, if he loved it he might have control over it, that was all he’d meant. However her point made a good deal more sense than his. Then she mentioned a thunder hating cult. He coughed into his hand a bit in embarrassment, “Oh, I wouldn’t say I’m in any cults…” he told her, leaving out the obvious hating on thunder. What could he do? Lie? Nah.

They returned to Kade’s makeshift sanctuary and Verity wasted no time talking to him. He preferred this. It wasn’t wrought with uncomfortable emotions, and he wasn’t feeling an obligation to go walking through the rain. His shirt was absolutely sticking to him now, which he would care about later. Yes, how lovely this weather was. She commented on the clouds, “Well I didn’t think they looked like an oncoming storm earlier today. I guess I was too far in the trees… but I think if I tried to look up right now all I would see was water in my eyes,” he smirked. “I’ll just enjoy the chorus for a bit though.” He still liked the sounds the weather was making against the tent. He was glad she’d helped put it up, and that it wasn’t falling or anything awful.
Kade Lazarus
Kade Lazarus
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Back to top Go down

Post by Verity Lohlepher Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:19 pm

Verity laughed a bit when Kade said he'd probably only get water in his eyes should he look up at the sky. "Fair point," she said with a smile. "You'd be able to if you had a clear umbrella though," She added. She didn't have everything stored at her convenience in her pocket world. While she had a collection of broken items and some usable ones, clear umbrellas never made the cut. She made it a point to consider adding it to the vast space of emptiness. Who knew when clear umbrella's could come in handy? Vera didn't have anything to say at the moment and so she relaxed in the ground and stared at the roof. She thought of it as a comfortable silence while she listened to the rain continuously pound the tent. She imagined if the roof was made out of tin. Her ears were already ringing in pain by just the thought. After a few minutes went by, the girl heard the rain begin to patter more gently.

She stirred from her position and returned her gaze to eye level. "I think the rain's relenting a bit. I'll probably go before it gets more rainy. Don't want to be stuck out here for the whole night," she said, grinning at him. "Thanks for the food. Imagine if I'd stayed in your trap...I wouldn't be feeling so pleasant right now," She stood up from the ground and dusted any leaves off. She decided to ask if he needed any more help. It was only fair since she had kind of made him go trekking in the muddy forest with her and made him wet. She was wet and dirty herself. "Do you need any other help?" she asked. She'd help if she could. If he didn't need any then she guessed she'd just go back before the rain started to come back. Even she wasn't that suicidal to walk home when the rain was pouring heavily.
Verity Lohlepher
Verity Lohlepher
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Kade Lazarus Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:06 pm

Kade was able to relax more now that he was out of the rain. He had a habit of getting worked up easier. It was as if the walls he had built up over so many years were started to crumble just from one encounter. Sure it had been an extreme encounter but he honestly couldn’t let himself fly off like that. He wasn’t that way. It wasn’t even his natural state. He had gotten that bad due to events in his past, and events in his present needn’t bring him that far back.

Verity mentioned clear umbrella and Kade considered that. He normally didn’t use umbrellas. If he was at home he didn’t mind being in the rain. He might be reading a book now, or playing with his fellow guild mates. The more “mature’ members would stay out of the fun, but Kade liked it. He had no reason to act so grown up that it ruined his ability to relate to his comrades. They were great.

Verity was apparently leaving. The rain lessened. It was still loud to his improved senses, but he didn’t mention that to her. She asked if he needed anything else. “No. Don’t worry about me. Just get back safe, and don’t catch a cold. It would be a shame… I hope I run into you again sometime,” he told her with a nod.
Kade Lazarus
Kade Lazarus
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Back to top Go down

Post by Verity Lohlepher Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:49 am

Vera glanced at the exit, tapping the side of her leg in slightly anxiety. She wanted to go home as quick as possible. She looked back when she heard Kade's response and nodded her head. She ducked her head and grinned sheepishly when he told her to not catch a cold. Judging by her current state, she didn't think it was possible to do so. The girl changed her grin into a wide smile though when he said he hoped to run into her again. She wasn't bothered if he was saying it out of politeness or not. She knew she hoped to. He was nice and she liked nice people. Also he was strange - she still her unanswered questions about him. If she ever met him again she'd have to observe him again. It was too upfront to directly confront him...that would make him uncomfortable and probably not want to talk to her again. "Yeah, it was nice meeting you," she said happily before turning around and making her way to the exit.

She lifted the flap and hovered there for a second, raising her head to check the condition of the rain. It was kind of a pointless thing to do since all she gained was raindrops in her eyes. She looked down and blinked a few times to get them out before exiting. Predictably, the land hadn't warmed up just because the rain eased up a little and the girl found herself immediately chattering her teeth in the cold. Due to this, she decided the best course of action she should take was the run back home. Running made her warmer after all. And so the girl ran through the forest.

Halfway through she felt a block in her nose and shook her head. She stopped to sneeze and laughed at the idea that she wouldn't get sick after running through the rain. She shot a look back into the murky forest behind. She hated getting the feeling that she was leaving something or someone without helping them or really 'finishing' what she had come to do. She also hated then thinking she would most likely never met them or it again. She hoped Kade wouldn't get sick...he probably wouldn't. He should be experienced with the elements. She shrugged her shoulders once before taking off again. She guessed the chances of her seeing him again were slim. He was from one guild and she was from another. Oh well. She never knew.

[EXIT]
Verity Lohlepher
Verity Lohlepher
Fairy Tail C
Fairy Tail C

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content