FTR has moved to fairytailrevolution.jcink.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Endolf's Starter Spells

Go down

Endolf's Starter Spells Empty Endolf's Starter Spells

Post by Guest Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:44 am

Spell name: Shadow Dragon's Meld
Element: Shadow
MP cost: 15
Effect: A signature spell of the Shadow Dragon Slayer and one of the spells specific to the Shadow Dragon Slayer. The user turns his physical body into shadows that meld into the natural shadows of his surroundings. By doing this the user is able to move through shadows at a faster rate than normal movements, dodge more swiftly and perform sneak attacks. The spell has no actual ability to attack anyone, requiring the user to remove himself from the shadows before attacking his opponent in any way.

Power: (****)
Speed:
Area:
Extra: ***** (Defending, Buff, Target Self, Lingering, Cloaking), Engulfing

------------------------------

Spell name: Eiryu no Hoko (Shadow Dragon's Roar)
MP cost: 15
Effect:  The specialized roar of the Shadow Dragon Slayer. Endolf unleashes this spell by first taking a deep breath and gathering pure shadows into his lungs. From there he expells the shadows in the form of a black tornado.

Power: **
Speed: *
Area: *
Extra: * (Ranged), Engulfing

------------------------

Spell name: Eiryu no Renjakusen (Shadow Dragon's Waxwing Flash)
MP cost: 10
Effect: A Shadow Dragon Slayer specific spell that allows the user to turn their body into shadows before wrapping around their target. In this state the user begins to assault their target with a torrent of shadows generated from the user's hands, causing them to become tangible once again.

Speed: **
Area:
Extra: Engulfing

---------------------

Spell name: Eiryu no Tsume (Shadow Dragon's Claw)
Effect: The user covers their feet with shadows and proceeds to assault the opponent with a powerful shadow-enhanced kick, with the shadows greatly augmenting the power of said kick.

Speed: **
Area:
Extra: Engulfing

----------------------

Spell name: Eiryu no Ken (Shadow Dragon's Blade)
Effect: The user forms their shadow into a sharp blade, surrounded by the shadows it was created from. The blade can be sent towards targets from a distance and acts like a normal blade would, piercing the target's body on contact.

Power: *
Speed: *
Area:
Extra: ** (Piercing, Ranged), Engulfing

Last edited by Endolf on Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:23 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Endolf's Starter Spells Empty Re: Endolf's Starter Spells

Post by PatriotArrow Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:49 pm

Hey Hey! I'll be attempting to grade spells properly today. So here we go!

First off, you can get the Englulfing effect for free for any of your spells, so if you want that then edit them on.

Shadow Dragon's Meld - now, I like that spell. It's put together pretty well overall. But the way it is put together it's styled like a buff rather than a proper defensive spell. You would have to give it the buff extra in place of one of the others in order to get the increased speed effect. Otherwise it looks pretty good. (Of course, you can replace it with a better version later to get what you lost back for it)

Shadow Dragon's roar looks good. I will note that as it stands it isnt ranged without the ranged extra. If you would like it to just be a tornado that surrounds Endolf, that's fine. But that's what it is at the moment and I wanted to make sure it's what you wanted.

Shadow Dragon's Waxwing Flash - It looks like a solid, fast melee attack. I'm afraid I'm not clear whether you intend to be able to sustain that grip however, and if so, it needs to have the Sustained extra added (as well as the sustained cost after the full cost).

Shadow Dragon's Claw - this is built exactly like the last spell but claims to do something different. I feel like this one needs the buff extra as well, and by itself it could act as a 'burst' of speed through the jet propulsion you describe. You could take the points out of speed to add buff and a little more power to that speed, as a suggestion.

Finally, Shadow Dragon's Blade - looks fine overall, but your description says it can be used at range, while currently it can't without the Ranged extra. If you add that, you can specify that it doesn't have to be ranged if you wish.

I think that's everything. Let me know when you've edited things, okay?
PatriotArrow
PatriotArrow
Admin

Experience : 81
Primary Magic : Admin Magic
Secondary Magic : N/A

https://fairytailrevolution.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by PatriotArrow Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:24 pm

Alright! I think these spells look fine from my perspective. Please note that your shadow meld only lasts two posts from the lingering, but that's just a friendly reminder.

In the meantime, have fun~
PatriotArrow
PatriotArrow
Admin

Experience : 81
Primary Magic : Admin Magic
Secondary Magic : N/A

https://fairytailrevolution.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content