FTR has moved to fairytailrevolution.jcink.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Survival Team Blue Pegasus

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Survival Team Blue Pegasus Empty Survival Team Blue Pegasus

Post by Elrowan Sabeur Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:59 pm

When Blue Pegasus announced its participation in the survival of the fittest, the guildmaster had held a meeting to determine who would represent them. Unfortunately most of the members who made the meeting weren't very keen on a surviving in the wilderness. Most were used to even more luxuries than the average Fioran and camping on a remote island did not sound like fun. Elrowan was the very first to raise his hand and energetically volunteer - although the guildmaster kept asking for 'anymore volunteers?' before finally sighing and picking Elrowan. The shy Kayoko had been next to him at the time, and Elrowan had raised her hand for her, knowing the girl was too shy to volunteer herself... but that she would be an excellent addition to the Blue Pegasus team.

It wasn't until later that Elrowan learned their third companion's name - Hector Warfield. Although the two had never met, Elrowan was certain that he could get along with anyone in Blue Pegasus. The boat finally arrived at the deserted island; Elrowan jumped off the bow and into the sand before it'd even finished docking. Elrowan had a confident smirk on his face; whatever challenge was thrown at them, he was certain Blue Pegasus would take the blue ribbon. Camping wasn't his favorite activity, but he did have some prior experience. He somehow had the foresight to pack necessary supplies like food, water, rope, flint, tinder, among others. His clothes, on the other hand, weren't going to be very practical.

"Watch out other guilds, for Blue Pegasus is here!" Elrowan scoffed at enemies who had yet to appear. His fist clenched in excitement. From here he could only see the beach, ocean, and a lining of trees ahead. There was much ground to cover. He turned back to the boat, waiting for his other companions to arrive...

((Edit: in terms of availability, I can post pretty much every weekday, although not Fridays past 4 cst, or Saturdays at all, with a few exceptions))
Elrowan Sabeur
Elrowan Sabeur
Blue Pegasus C
Blue Pegasus C

Experience : 91
Primary Magic : Water Magic
Secondary Magic : N/A

Back to top Go down

Survival Team Blue Pegasus Empty Re: Survival Team Blue Pegasus

Post by Hector Warfield Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:50 pm

Hector was excited at first, he loved going camping and being outside away from all the hustle and bustle of the city.  That is until Jora mentioned in her speech the event was to take place on an island.  Hector got sea sick very easily.  He spent the entire trip to the island white as a ghost and hanging on to the banister for dear life.  "Are you going to be sick again?"  Sirocco had asked to come along, she did like to explore new places.  However, Hector currently felt like she might have an ulterior motive, harassing him.  "Oh buzz off", he managed. She laughed something at him and flew ahead of the boat to the island just on the horizon.  Almost there, he thought.  

After what seemed to be an eternally the boat reached the island.  Elrowan ran past him and jumped off the boat before it had even docked properly.  He's got enthusiasm, I just hope he doesn't tire himself out before we need him.  We're going to have to work as a team to succeed here.  Hector thought as he slowly stood up, feeling better now that the boat wasn't rocking as bad.  Let's get to some solid ground then we can figure out how to proceed.  He went below deck and gathered the supplies he brought with him, two over-sized duffel bags.  He brought everything he could think of needing, from buckets to collect rain water to his fishing pole to catch fish to eat.  I'd rather bring something and not need it, than need something and not have brought it.  He thought lifting the two bags, one on each shoulder and made his way back up to the main deck.  On the way up he ran into Kayoko, the third and final member of their team.  "Hey there Kayoko, glad you came along.  Ready for some fun in the great outdoors?"

Hector was a little worried when he got to shore, there was a decent amount of beach that ended abruptly at a wall of dense forest.  Hopefully the whole island won't be such a fire hazard, he thought.  Aww, calm down...I'm getting all worked up already.  There might not even be a need for me to use any magic here.  Elrowan was standing there waiting for them.  Hector dropped his bags in the sand and shook his hand, "Hi there, I'm Hector.  I don't think we've ever been properly introduced."  He continued to make small talk with Elrowan while they waited for Kayoko.  Apart from the odd way he phased things he seemed to be alright.  Once everyone was ashore Hector took charge a bit and asked, "What does everyone want to do?  We need to get a fire going and make camp somewhere before it gets dark.  I think if one person gets firewood, someone sets up a make-shift shelter for now, and someone else try and get some food.  I know I brought some food we can eat, but I'd like to keep that kind of stuff as an emergency rations of sorts."    Hector hoped he didn't sound too bossy, but he didn't know how much experience either of them had in camping and wanted to make sure everyone would be ready for everything the island could throw at them for the next two weeks.
Hector Warfield
Hector Warfield
Blue Pegasus D
Blue Pegasus D

Experience : 53
Primary Magic : Takeover: Elementals

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayoko Sasaki Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:35 am

Kayoko Sasaki hadn’t wanted to be in a tournament. She hadn’t wanted to go camping. She’d spent plenty of time outdoors in the months since leaving her family’s mansion, but she still had never become accustomed to not having a comfortable bed to look forward to each night. Joining Blue Pegasus had been a godsend as far as consistency and comfort went. It was too bad the peach-haired girl hadn’t taken the time to appreciate it; fate seemed to be after her for it, because no less than two teammates had managed to volunteer her for this job. There were plenty of others who could do it, but no, poor Kayoko got to go get eaten by mosquitos and who knew what else for… how long was the tournament again? She seemed to have missed that part between the shock of getting volunteered and the shaking like a leaf as everyone stared at her when her entry was announced.

Now, Kayoko stood on the edge of the boat, her hair in a convenient ponytail for what might have been the first time since she joined the guild. She was in her pink hoodie and was wearing a set of black shorts, as well as her pink and white sneakers. Already, Elrowan had escaped the boat, shouting their arrival for the world to hear. Literally, the world, if they had already started watching the group back at home. She hated being watched. She wasn’t a mess over the fact only because it was easy to forget when they weren’t actually with her looking at her. Hector had left next, leaving Kayoko to walk down the ramp into the terrifying jungle nearby.

As she exited, the amount of nervousness she was experiencing was more than a little bit obvious. Her arms were drawn close to her torso defensively, and she walked like she might step on a landmine at any moment. She kept spinning, looking at everything as if it would jump out at her. She jumped as well when Hector spoke up to greet her. She hadn’t even noticed she’d passed him a moment ago. To answer his question about being ready for the so-called ‘great outdoors,’ she shook her head no very slowly, but her mouth made a noise that sounded far closer to what Hector wanted to hear. “I suppose so,” she decided quietly, holding onto her little bag of essentials Calico had helped her pack. She would have been a much better choice for this whole thing…

Hector spoke up again, apparently taking charge of the situation. He asked what everyone wanted to do, and made a few suggestions of his own. “I- I don’t know. A camp sounds good,” she decided, willing herself to relax and stop shaking. She couldn’t do this every time she was in front of Hector! He would think she was as weak as she really was… and she didn’t want that. “I’ll um… look for wood. I’m not very good at making things… or cooking… or making fires… or surviving…”
Kayoko Sasaki
Kayoko Sasaki
Blue Pegasus D
Blue Pegasus D

Experience : 78
Primary Magic : Pure Spirit (Holder)

Back to top Go down

Post by Elrowan Sabeur Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:53 pm

Elrowan's waiting was paid off, Hector soon coming to join him. The sand absorbed most of the impact, but the bags he was carrying... they clearly held a lot of weight to him. Hector was a strong man, indeed. "Greetings, Hector! I am the rising star of Blue Pegasus, Elrowan de Sabeur!" He flipped his coat dramatically, the small sea breeze not quite rustling it as well as he would have hoped. He only stopped posing when Kayoko joined them, and then Hector listed off the basics of what they should be doing. The monstrously strong man certainly had a sound plan, and Elrowan agreed with his tactics. Just one thing...

"Wait! You are forgetting the most important part of this survival test..." Elrowan looked between the two seriously. He wondered if they would guess it before he said, but judging from their blank expressions, probably not. "We need to make a team name," he declared solemnly. He held up his hand, stretching as if beckoning the horizon to come closer to them. "Before we begin this test proper, we must forge an identity for ourselves. Otherwise, what meaning is there to gathering firewood, setting up camp, or slaying dragons? For full glory, all these acts must be completed in our chosen team name. Now then, what name would be suitable for the three of us?" His outstretched hand moved to under his chin; Elrowan was now deep in thought. "The Rising Stars of Pegasus? Winged Emissaries of Justice? Champions of Light?" They needed a name quickly, but it had to be a good name, too.
Elrowan Sabeur
Elrowan Sabeur
Blue Pegasus C
Blue Pegasus C

Back to top Go down

Post by Hector Warfield Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:24 am

Kayoko didn't seem to happy about the situation, but Hector decided he would make sure she adjusted alright out here and hopefully have some fun.  He was happy to see everyone agree with his suggestion, even if Kayoko seemed to doubt her ability to do any of those tasks.  He was thinking of ways to encourage her when Elrowan shouted that they were forgetting something.  Hector immediately started running a check list in his head.  What could I have possibly forgotten?  About this time Elrowan gave up waiting for a reply and said they needed to come up with a group name.  Seriously!  That's what was so important?  Hector didn't see the importance of a name, what difference did it matter what they called themselves.  Then there was the dragon comment, he really didn't want to get Kayoko worked up any more than she already was.

"Well I sincerely doubt we'll run into dragons out here.  Also, aren't some of those names a little over the top?  I mean, we're just camping and surviving off the land.  How about just Team Blue?  It's simple, but people should know who we are.  I'm not too picky on the name honestly."  he said with a wary eye on the sun.  It looks fine now, but I know all too well how fast night can approach.  He turned to Kayoko, "You said you're ok with getting firewood Kayoko?"  Yeah, she should have no problem with that, he thought remembering how she reduced a massive log into tiny pieces with a few quick strokes.  "I think that's a great idea", he said with a smile.  Turning his attention back to Elrowan, "Would you be ok with trying to find us some food and I'll work on making a shelter?"  I should be able to make a decent shelter out of those, he thought looking at the dense brush.
Hector Warfield
Hector Warfield
Blue Pegasus D
Blue Pegasus D

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayoko Sasaki Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:38 am

Elrowan had mentioned dragons, but by now Kayoko was starting to figure out that he exaggerated a bit. There might be some oversized lizards here though. That was almost as unpleasant to Kayoko, mostly because she knew lizards were real. She supposed dragons must be real too, but she’d never seen one. Hector had a plan, but Elrowan was insistent that they have a name first. “Is a name really so important?” the girl asked, her ponytail blowing in the gentle breeze as she looked curious and thoughtful. “How about Team Blue Pegasus?” she asked, figuring it was simple and made sense. Also the team listing had called them that. “The others are fine though… whatever you want…” She insisted quickly, obviously not wanting to displease anyone.

“I’ll go get the firewood,” she decided after a moment, listening to Hector’s advice. She was already a little bit hungry, though she was too nervous to care right now. It would at least be easy to make useable firewood with the help of Miracle. So leaving the other two and romping off down the most path-like trail she could find from where their team had landed, she looked for something that looked at least partially dead; she had been taught that green wood didn’t burn so well by her sister. Finally, she found herself in luck, staring up at a massive and obviously dead ancient tree. This thing had been dead for awhile, but refused to fall over.

Taking the giant sword off of her back with one hand, she gripped the weapon tightly. With a squeak-like battlecry and a few slashes, there was a small pile of wood. She couldn’t hope to carry it all with her tiny frame, but she at least knew where to find it. She bent over, scooping up two pieces of firewood in her arms and wandered back to the others, dropping the wood and panting when she located Hector. She was already starting to sweat. “T-there’s a lot more,” Kayoko told Hector. “But it’s too heavy for me to carry much at a time…”
Kayoko Sasaki
Kayoko Sasaki
Blue Pegasus D
Blue Pegasus D

Back to top Go down

Post by Elrowan Sabeur Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:00 am

When Kayoko asked if a name was that important, Elrowan gave her a look as if she'd gone crazy. Of course their name was important. Their team name was their very soul. How could they enter a competition if they were soulless? "Hmm...." Elrowan thought of the other suggestions. Hector was consistently a sound voice of reason: they needed a name that clearly spoke Blue Pegasus. But it couldn't be too plain either. 'Team Blue Pegasus' just wasn't going to cut it, 'Team Blue' seemed like it needed a bit of flash, too... yes, that was it! "Go Team Blue Flash!"

Elrowan practically bounced away from his other two teammates, running through the sand. "I shall procure fish!" He shouted back, realizing he hadn't said that he agreed with Hector's plan (he did) until then. They all had their parts to do to set up camp. Elrowan would have thrown himself at any task with all of his normal vigor, but hunting was particularly adventurous. Hunting just any animal would probably take too much time though... and he really didn't know much about plants. Fishing, on the other hand, was something he could do easily enough.

Elrowan slowed his dash when he'd gotten a few feet down the beach. He set his own pack (considerably smaller than Hector's) where the sand ended... he didn't want some crazy tidal wave to wash away all his supplies. That would just be embarrassing. He sorted through some of the stuff in there and took out a small wicker basket (although it took a little re-arranging, since he'd put some stuff in the basket for the sake of room). Then he unclipped his cloak, stripped down to his swimming trunks (he just always wore them), and turned back to the sea, basket in hand.

"Surrender your bounty to the might of Elrowan de Sabuer, monster!" Thrusting the basket firmly in place on the sand, Elrowan ran towards the tide. As soon as he as deep enough to submerge, he ducked under the water completely. Water was his specialty. The poor fish never stood a chance. As soon as Elrowan caught sight of so much as a tail, he warped an air bubble around it. The displaced fish flopped uselessly in its prison, Elrowan keeping the water around the bubble too tight for it to slip through. He surfaced with fish still in hand, dumping it and the water into the basket. The process repeated, Elrowan victoriously finding quite a few fish before he decided it was enough.

Soon he was back on the beach, dry thanks to his water manipulation magic, and had re-dressed in his clothes (and cape). Shouldering his supply pack, and with the basket of fish in his other hand, he returned to where the others would be setting up. Hopefully they could get a fire going and have a nice fish fry.

MP 90/100:
Elrowan Sabeur
Elrowan Sabeur
Blue Pegasus C
Blue Pegasus C

Back to top Go down

Post by Hector Warfield Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:40 pm

Hector was just about finished with Kayoko's shelter when she came back carrying two pieces of firewood and informed him there was more.  "What do you think?" he asked her showing off his handy work.  He had picked a flat area just beyond the line of trees from where they landed.  He had cleared all the brush and used some of the larger pieces to make the frame of Kayoko's lean to.  It wasn't very much, just enough room for the raised area that she would sleep on and some room to the side for her belongings.  He made sure she had room to stand at the head of the shelter and put a bend before making the doorway so she could have some privacy.  "This one is yours, I wanted to make one just for you so you could have some space."

He followed Kayoko back to find a large pile of firewood.  "Great job, this should last us for a while."  Hector gathered several logs and started to make the journey back to camp.  "So, we are Team Blue Flash I suppose.", he said with a chuckle.  "Not sure why that mattered so much to him but I guess he's happy...I'll be happy if he catches us some fish, don't know about you but all that work is making me hungry."

Hector was surprised to see Elrowan already back at camp with a basket full of fish.  Wow, how did he do that?  I don't see a fishing pole or anything.  Did he catch those by hand or something?  "Great job Elrowan, Kayoko got us some firewood so now we should be able to cook those up."  Hector arranged the sticks and logs so that the smaller ones were in the center with the larger ones braced together around the outside.  He stepped into the make-shift fire pit he made and focused his magic.  He felt the air around him heat up a little and with a snap of his fingers launched a tiny fireball the size of a pea into the center of the firewood.  Soon they had a nice fire to roast their fish.  Hector thought they had made a lot of progress so he took a break from building the second shelter to eat with his teammates.  "So tell me Elrowan, how did you catch all these fish so fast?", he asked sitting down on a stump near the fire.
Hector Warfield
Hector Warfield
Blue Pegasus D
Blue Pegasus D

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayoko Sasaki Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:14 pm

Kayoko would have been lying if she would have said that having her own space at night wasn’t a surprise. She never lied though. “T-thank you Mr. Hector,” she nodded politely. It didn’t look very comfortable, but it was certainly better than the ground. “I appreciate the thought. I’ve never… camped with boys before.” She’d never done much of anything with males before, truth be told. Not any close to her age, anyway. There were her servants back home, like the chef who made her favorite dishes, but that wasn’t the same. Real ‘boys’ made her nervous even if they were her friends, though not in a scared sort of way. She knew it was probably a lack of exposure, but still…

“Team Blue Flash…” Kayoko giggled good-naturedly. At least Elrowan liked the name. She might have made a quip about the only flashy thing being Elrowan’s personality, but she wasn’t the type. She was a pretty serious girl, and with Calico being around other people now, she got to be just that, instead of a weird combination of sister, caretaker, and pet owner. “Who’s your windy friend?” she asked Hector, realizing she’d been too nervous to notice Sirocco before.

About that time, Elrowan had returned with a ton of fish. Kayoko’s eyes widened, and her stomach growled. Her sister loved fish. She would be so jealous if she was watching right now. Hector started a fire with his magic, which Kayoko instinctively stepped back from, though she didn’t get overly nervous and instead went to sit by the fire like Hector after a moment. He asked how Elrowan caught so many fish so fast. For once, Kayoko spoke up as a thought popped into her head. “He fought with the sea,” she told him as if she were completely serious.
Kayoko Sasaki
Kayoko Sasaki
Blue Pegasus D
Blue Pegasus D

Back to top Go down

Post by Elrowan Sabeur Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:58 am

The campsite was progressing wonderfully, thanks to the efforts of Hector and Kayoko. Elrowan surveyed the tents and positioning, glad to see that they would easily have shelter for the first night. Even the amount of firewood was impressive - had Kayoko really gathered all that by herself? He knew she was stronger than she thought, but she never ceased to surprise him. Taking a seat by the unstarted campfire, Elrowan began cleaning the fish, while curiously watching Hector. No flint or tinder - magic then. Fire magic? It seemed a little more complicated than that. Either way, they seemed to have a broad range of skills when it came to magic and campsite making.

Soon they had a toasty fire and fish frying on some sticks. It smelled pretty tasty... but few things could make him happier than a good meal of simple origins. Maybe a fancy meal of unusual delicacies. Either way, he was happy with food that tasted good. Hector asked how Elrowan had caught the fish - Lady Kayoko was a wise one and already knew. Elrowan nodded solemnly. "'Twas a fierce battle." Hector had indirectly asked for a story, and a story was he going to get. "I fearlessly charged into the depths of my foe, the great Lady of the Sea. I broke through her waves without fear, confident in my own abilities. It was in the confines of my foe that I saw her bounty. With my bare hands and magic, I forged a prison of air betwixt fish and its master, stealing it right under my enemy's nose!" He had continued to get progressively more animated and excited during his story, his words coming out faster and faster. By the time he finished, he jumped out of his seat. Grilled fish stick still in hand, dramatically he flipped back his cape, as if reliving the moment once more.

After a brief moment of silence, he returned to his seat like nothing had happened, and began consuming his fish. It was pretty tasty. He only looked up when Kayoko mentioned a 'windy friend'. Ah yes, there was that bird that seemed to suspiciously follow Hector around. Who owned birds like that? Pirates, obviously. Hector certainly had the right appearance to be a pirate, but Elrowan really hoped he wasn't one. Blue Pegasus or no, no good came from pirates. "I will have you know, piracy is illegal in Fiore," he told Hector suspiciously.
Elrowan Sabeur
Elrowan Sabeur
Blue Pegasus C
Blue Pegasus C

Back to top Go down

Post by Hector Warfield Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:25 pm

The look Kayoko gave the shelter told Hector while she did appreciate it, she was definitely not looking forward to sleeping there.  "Don't worry, we can work on making it better as we go.  This is just to get us through the first night.", he reassured her.  When Kayoko asked about his 'windy friend' Hector looked up and sure enough Sirocco was flying next to him.  "Oh there you are Sirocco, come meet Kayoko."  Sirocco flew down to land on Hector's shoulder, "Kayoko this is Sirocco, Sirocco meet Kayoko."  Sirocco stared at Kayoko for a moment then blinked her large eyes and said in a happy voice, "Hello there Kayoko, pleased to meet you."  "Sirocco is a minor wind elemental, she helped me defeat that lava elemental that was going to attack my town."  

He was confused at Kayoko's mention of Elrowan fighting with the sea, and even more confused as Elrowan began a long speech about stealing fish from under the nose of the sea.  "So you use water magic then?"  Hector asked in an obviously confused tone.  Sirocco was laughing at him, still perched on his shoulder.  Elrowan said something about how piracy was illegal which confused him even more.  "Huh, yeah I'm aware...if I see any I'll let you know."  "He thinks you look like a pirate with me perched on your shoulder you big dummy."  Oh, he hadn't introduced Elrowan and Sirocco yet, he had almost forgotten she was there, he was used to perching on his shoulder at this point.  "Oh, sorry.  No, I'm no pirate.  Elrowan this is Sirocco, Sirocco this is Elrowan."  Sirocco again stared at Elrowan for a moment before blinking and saying, "Nice to meet you, Elrowan."  

Once he had his fill of fish Hector began working on the shelter for Elrowan and himself.  Sirocco had flown off shortly after being introduced to Elrowan but Hector spotted her overhead in a tree eating some berries.  Once the others were finished eating Hector asked if they could help set up the last shelter.  "Elrowan, can you help me tie these branches together for the body of the shelter, Kayoko can you weave those leaves into that frame I made for the roof?"  We'll have this built in no time  Hector took this time to try to get to know Elrowan a bit better.  "So a water mage huh, that will be helpful.  Not having fresh water to drink is a big issue when you're camping like this.  So what made you want to go on this camping trip?"
Hector Warfield
Hector Warfield
Blue Pegasus D
Blue Pegasus D

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayoko Sasaki Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:30 pm

Kayoko had never seen a wind elemental before, and was quite enthralled by little Sirocco. “I’m pleased to meet you too,” Kayoko told Siracco with a slight bow before looking to Hector again. “She’s so cute!” she told the man with more enthusiasm than normal. She chuckled when Siracco chided Hector for not understanding the pirate thing, though she blushed right after because of both the chuckle, and the fact that apparently she was a big dummy as well. She nibbled on the fish, though it was apparent that she didn’t like it very much despite her lack of complaining. Her stomach growled audibly, but she only pecked at it slowly.

Finally, Hector started working on the shelters again, and asked Kayoko to start weaving leaves. She nodded, picking up one of the leaves. “Yes sir,” she told him politely. Kayoko started trying to work on her shelter, though it was slow-going because she wasn’t used to manual labor or shelter building. By the time she was done, she was sweating, and wiped her brow with the back of her hand before nervously taking off her hoodie. She'd brought a tank top underneath it, and due to her lack of exposure to spending time alone with the other gender, she was feeling rather underdressed all of a sudden; but she didn't want to pass out from heat stroke or something either. She wished she had a shower, but she wasn’t about to complain. Maybe she could find a stream tomorrow. She blushed again at the thought. No… just no… even if these two boys didn’t accidentally find her there were two other teams in an unknown location on the island… “Um…” Kayoko spoke up after a moment, “I-is there a place to… take a bath? I’ve never gone a week without it… and you might know better…” She was very red faced as she asked; after all, these were boys she was asking. She hoped they weren’t imagining anything embarrassing.
Kayoko Sasaki
Kayoko Sasaki
Blue Pegasus D
Blue Pegasus D

Back to top Go down

Post by Elrowan Sabeur Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:52 pm

Completely amazed, Elrowan watched Sirocco. Hector might have said it was a wind spirit, but Elrowan didn't know what that meant. As far as he was concerned, it was a parrot. A parrot that was excellent at mimicking human speech, even being able to talk in full sentences. Elrowan placed a hand over his mouth and stared with utmost intensity at Sirocco. It even said it was pleased to meet him. "The honor is all mine," he responded, more out of habit than anything else. It wasn't much of an honor to meet a bird, but, oh well. He was relieved to hear that Hector wasn't a pirate. Dutifully Elrowan nodded his head - unless Hector proved otherwise, Elrowan would trust in his innocence. Besides, Hector had already proven himself a valuable asset to their Team Blue Flash.

"I can manipulate water," Elrowan confirmed, much more directly this time. "However, I have only recently begun training magic, and my skills still have a long way to improve." He was humble about his magic, if nothing else, because Meera had shown him just how great a mage she was. Until she joined Blue Pegasus, and he shortly after her, he had never given much consideration or training to his spells. It would help them for daily activities at least. He rose once they finished their food. They still had other work to do. "Certainly, leave it to me!" Elrowan energetically thumped his chest. Their teamwork was pretty impressive, and between the two of them, the bundles were easily stacking up into a shelter. "There is water in all living things," Elrowan continued to explain his abilities while they worked. "Even should we venture into the desert, water should not be a problem for us. For always water sinks into the depths of the earth, but does not simply disappear. I can manipulate water within range, and as such, I can draw water from the earth. It might not be as great as finding a stream, but it is still a viable option. Blue Pegasus is my family, and I want us to do the very best - that is why I have joined. Although I might not be the best wizard, I still believe my skills can bring great glory to our guild, and perhaps even inspire others to join."

And now speaking of water... Elrowan looked up and paused when Kayoko asked about bathing. Even Elrowan didn't want to go a week without bathing. Diving in the salty ocean could only do so much - it wasn't the same as fresh water. "Alas, my skills only manipulate existing boundaries of water. I cannot summon forth a waterfall for which you can use to cleanse yourself. Perhaps tomorrow, we shall find a means for you to take a bath?"
Elrowan Sabeur
Elrowan Sabeur
Blue Pegasus C
Blue Pegasus C

Back to top Go down

Post by Hector Warfield Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:57 pm

Hector listened to Elrowan's explanation of his powers and why he decided to go on this trip, nodding in agreement.  "I wouldn't beat yourself up too much, we're all kinda just getting started with the guild and with our magic in general.  And yet look at what we've already accomplished."  Hector said looking around, feeling pretty proud of Team Blue Flash.  At Kayoko's mention of a shower Hector spoke up, "Well that is part of the next project I think we need to do.  We'll need to find a good spot to set up a shower and also a place to use as a restroom."  It's not pleasant to think about, but it still needs to be done.  "If we do find a stream can you care some fresh water back with your magic?", he asked Elrowan.  "We could use buckets but I have no idea how far we'll have to travel to find some and that might be more efficient."  

Sirocco flew down at that point and landed on Kayoko's shoulder this time.  Kayoko's stomach made a small grumble, "Hungry for something besides fish?"  Sirocco asked.  "Here, let me show you where there is a great berry patch."  Sirocco flew ahead of Kayoko and summoned a small breeze, she couldn't do much but it was enough to help cool her down.  They arrived at the dark blue berry patch, "Go head Kayoko, they are safe to eat and taste nice and sweet." Sirocco chirped happily.  Once they both had their fill they went back to camp, "Don't be afraid to speak up if something is bothering you, Hector means well but he isn't the most observant.  And this Elrowan, he seems well enough but something just seems off about him."

While Kayoko and Sirocco went off in search of berries, Hector and Elrowan finished the second shelter.  It might be a little snug with both of them and all their stuff but it was a start.  It just needs to get us through the first night, thats always the hardest.  "So what do you think we should do tomorrow?  Go exploring, search for a fresh water source then hopefully start work on the shower and latrine?"  Hector suggested to Elrowan as he sat down in front of their newly finished home away from home.
Hector Warfield
Hector Warfield
Blue Pegasus D
Blue Pegasus D

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayoko Sasaki Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:37 am

Hector, though technically the youngest despite his looks, seemed to be the natural leader of the group, always taking charge and making Kayoko feel a little bit better about the whole situation. He had promised a way to get cleaned up as well as a place for a substitute restroom. She wanted a real one and felt a lot more self-conscious about just about everything with two boys for companions… but… she’d have to tough it out. This was good for her, right? That’s what everyone she’d talked to insisted.

Siracco ended up being a lifesaver as well, bringing a grateful Kayoko to a plentiful berry patch not far off in the woods while cooling her off. She was still very much a pampered girl even after nearly six months of living without her family and servants. It was slow going for her. “Thank you, Miss Siracco,” she nodded as she stuffed her face with the candy-like berries. She made sure to swallow before she spoke up in response to the elemental. “I’m not good at speaking up to anyone. It isn’t Mr. Hector’s fault. I’m just a little broken is all.” She shook her head, trying not to let her self-depreciating ways get her down right now. She grabbed more berries, stuffing them into a spare pocket in her bag for later and carried the bag back to the camp with Siracco sitting gently on her shoulder.

She eventually arrived back at the camp, sitting on the log next to the campfire with her bag wrapped in her arms, watching the two boys talk as she sat quietly. Hector was in charge and Elrowan had ideas. She could be just fine and let other people do all the worrying, technically, right? She hooked some of her long peach-colored hair around her ear that was out of place after the exceptionally exhausting afternoon. It was just now starting to get dark, and already Kayoko wanted to be in the makeshift bed. She couldn’t help but yawn, even as the other two finished making plans for tomorrow’s continuing hard work. “Will you share my space with me when we sleep, Miss Siracco?” Kayoko asked quietly. “I’m not used to being alone anymore.”
Kayoko Sasaki
Kayoko Sasaki
Blue Pegasus D
Blue Pegasus D

Back to top Go down

Post by Elrowan Sabeur Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:28 pm

It seemed they had some semblance of a plan for tomorrow's activities. Surviving in the wilderness inevitably meant they would always have basic needs to take care of... even supposing they didn't run into any dragons or other contestants. The unexpected always made things more interesting. "I could carry water some distance, but I think it would be more efficient to use containers. I do have a canteen, and I also prefer the taste of non-magicked water." Even just thinking about tomorrow, Elrowan felt excited. "We have much of this island left to explore. Once we find a reliable water source, I would like to see what else inhabits this island, or perhaps even encounter the other contestants."

Who would be competing for Fairy Tail and Lamia Scale? Was it anyone he knew? Elrowan had yet to meet many people outside of Blue Pegasus, but there was a chance he might know some of them. Their terms to win the competition was simply 'surviving for two weeks'... but surely the other teams could manage that as well? Elrowan wondered if they would be expected to fight, or perhaps evolve their current standard of living. So much could change very easily.

"You cannot seriously expect us to create a shower out here?" Elrowan honestly thought the idea was crazy. And now he understood why Hector had been asking how far Elrowan could carry the water. "There is a certain beauty to natural water, you know. It is difficult to match the raging power of a waterfall, or the pristine beauty of a natural spring." He yawned loudly, his fatigue abruptly catching up to him. He was never tired except when he was tired, in which case he became very tired. He was becoming very tired. "How many monsters prowl this jungle, I wonder? Perhaps we should post a guard - we cannot rule out the potential sabotage of the other guilds either, after all."
Elrowan Sabeur
Elrowan Sabeur
Blue Pegasus C
Blue Pegasus C

Back to top Go down

Post by Hector Warfield Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:58 pm

Magic water has a taste?  I thought water was water, so long as its clean and safe to drink.  Hector thought when Elrowan mentioned preferring 'non-magicked water'.  "Well I brought a few buckets we can use too.", he offered.  "We probably won't be able to take a nice long, hot shower every day like we're used to but we should at least be able to keep ourselves mostly clean.  Depends on if we can find a spring and how far away it is."

Hector wished Elrowan hadn't mentioned monsters prowling the jungle.  True they should take precautions but he didn't feel like that was the best way to phrase it.  Now she's likely to be wake all night for fear of getting attacked by something, Hector thought shooting a worried look at Kayoko.  He was relieved; however, when Sirocco spoke up, "I'd be happy to sleep with you Kayoko."  Hector turned his attention back to Elrowan, "I'll set some torches around the edges of camp, that should help keep any curious animals away.  I would hope the other guilds wouldn't stoop to stealing from us.  But having a guard is still a good idea I think.  Who would like to take first shift?  There's four of us so it should be easy for us to divide up the time so we all can get some sleep."    Sirocco piped up, "I'd like the last shift if I could.  I'd be up by then normally anyway, early bird you might say."  Hector looked from Kayoko to Elrowan, "Ok, any other preferances?  It doesn't matter to me."
Hector Warfield
Hector Warfield
Blue Pegasus D
Blue Pegasus D

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayoko Sasaki Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:26 pm

“I-I wouldn’t mind just having clean water like Elrowan said,” Kayoko piped up when Hector explained the shower. It would probably be cold, and the poor girl wasn’t tough enough to enjoy cold water for long. Would an island like this have a hot spring? Kayoko found herself hoping it might, but she wasn’t really sure how those worked, so she figured they probably wouldn’t find them. At any rate, a spring to bathe in would be much easier than making some sort of shower contraption, right?

Then Elrowan mentioned monsters, and as Hector glanced at her, she glanced at him for reassurance. He had a worried expression on his face. Was it because he didn’t want her scared or because he didn’t want to be eaten by monsters either? Kayoko drew her arms and legs up and balanced on the log she was sitting on, looking a little bit worried until Hector suggested that a simple fire would keep the creatures away. Kayoko nodded. “I’ll help you set up torches,” she told him with a wide-eyed expression. She wanted to make sure no creatures would sneak up on her while she and Siracco slept.

“I’ll um… I’ll get up before Siracco. I might fall asleep if I go sooner…” she admitted, poking her two index fingers together nervously. She fidgeted a bit, adjusting her ponytail. She wasn’t used to wearing her hair that way; her parents had never liked it. It was practical though, and she thought practical would help here.
Kayoko Sasaki
Kayoko Sasaki
Blue Pegasus D
Blue Pegasus D

Back to top Go down

Post by Elrowan Sabeur Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:14 am

Elrowan liked to think that their opponents were the honorable sort too, but there was no telling what might happen. Monsters were certainly a very real threat, more likely to attack than the other guilds. Even just normal animals could pose a danger, especially predators that might be lured in by the smell of cooked fish. "Then, i shall take the second shift," Elrowan volunteered. He knew that the second and third shifts would likely be the hardest, as they required falling asleep twice. He was eager to share the brunt of their work, when he could... Plus, some of his energy was already fading, so it might be best to nap a little before going on watch duty. Guard duty was not the most exciting of tasks. Still, it was a task that needed to be done.

Elrowan also volunteered his help in setting up the torches. Soon they had a nice little ring of fire, with the campfire at the center to keep them warm. Only when Elrowan was certain everything was taken care of, did he return to their shelter. Staring up at the roof of leaves, Elrowan idly wondered how the other guilds were doing. How would Blue Pegasus win? They already had their basic necessities. He wished it was a direct contest of finding some rare item and surviving, or something along those lines. And what about the guildless mages - weren't some participating in this too?

Do you see the power of friendship, Alastor? The three of us in Team Blue Flash have already accomplished so much, and just in a single day. ....Elrowan waited, but there was no answer. Lightly he frowned. Are you asleep? There were times when Elrowan felt Alastor's presence very acutely... and this was not one of those times. The other had been unusually quiet during the entire day, not even offering his usual snide quips. Well fine, it wasn't like he found Alastor's presence particularly welcome. Yawning, Elrowan rolled over, hugging his blanket that he'd thoughtfully remembered to pack. In just a few minutes he was fast asleep, snoring lightly.
Elrowan Sabeur
Elrowan Sabeur
Blue Pegasus C
Blue Pegasus C

Back to top Go down

Post by Hector Warfield Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:20 pm

With the guard watch order set up and everyone assisting in placing torches around camp it was not long before everyone else was in the shelters and asleep.  Hector sat on a stump facing the forest, Odds are if an animal were to approach they would come from this direction.  The only sound was the crackling of the fire.  Hector took a deep breath and decided he liked the smell of the sea, just not the constant rocking back and forth.  

He decided this was as good a time as any to plan what they should try and do for the next couple days.  If Elrowan doesn't think he can transport water very far then we probably can't set up a shower area here...course we could just clean up at the spring, that is if we can even find one...I brought some water but not nearly enough for everyone to last the whole two weeks.  Hector got up after a while to check the torches and put another log on the fire.  Sitting back down on his stump he resumed pondering, So if we build a bathroom of sorts and go in search of fresh water, that's really all of our necessities.  I can always try to add on and improve our shelters.  We can make a fence, that might make Kayoko feel safer.  A table might be nice too, shouldn't be too hard to lash some branches together and make one.  Like to find things to keep us all busy, it makes the time go by faster and keeps things enjoyable.  Looks like we need to find something else for food too, Kayoko doesn't seem to fond of fish...

Once it had been at least two hours Hector got up, made one last check of all the torches and went into the shelter Elrowan and he shared.  "Elrowan, Elrowan...it's your turn to be on watch."  Hector said softly, gently nudging his shoulder.  Hector laid on top of his sleeping bad taking advantage of the extra padding against the hard surface of the wood underneath.  "Stay safe, if you see or hear anything get me up.  Don't investigate on your own, ok?", he said to Elrowan before he left.  Hector took a deep breath and closed his eyes.  He wasn't particularly tired yet but he knew he needed his rest.  After a while of listening to the fire from outside he finally drifted asleep.
Hector Warfield
Hector Warfield
Blue Pegasus D
Blue Pegasus D

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxus Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:42 pm

(Note: Encounters are intended to only take up a few posts at most, but have a possible impact on the direction the rp takes)

-ENCOUNTER-
Name: Young Wyvern
Type: Hostile
Info: A single winged reptile like creature standing about 15 feet tall. It is various shades of green along it's face, back, and edges of it's wings. The rest of it is a yellowish color. It is bipedal, and there are barbs on it's wings and tail.

It is highly aggressive, attacking the moment it spots someone. Upon dying it will dissolve into black smoke leaving no trace.
Maxus
Maxus
Admin

Experience : 122

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayoko Sasaki Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:04 pm

Kayoko was a bit afraid of the dark, but she fell asleep pretty quickly. She didn’t remember falling asleep though, and yelped when she was woken up for her turn to keep watch. She rubbed her eyes for a long moment, grabbing her hair band and pulling her hair back into a ponytail, mostly so she wouldn’t have to comb it right now. She was waaaay too tired. Drearily, she got up, still rubbing her eyes as she glanced at Elrowan. “Sleep well, Mr. Elrowan,” she told him as she let out a large yawn. She pulled her pink hoodie back on, going to sit on the log next to a torch.

It was quiet, and Kayoko was having a hard time not nodding off. She actually did for a moment or three, as Kayoko discovered when she jerked back up and didn’t remember the last few minutes. Suddenly, she heard a rustling in the leaves as a large lizard burst out from the forest around them, galloping towards Kayoko. The good news was she was wide awake now. She gripped Miracle, swinging the blade easily into both hands as she stood her ground, only to dive out of the way at the last moment. “Boys! Elrowan! Hector!” she yelled frantically as she dived out of the way of the tail as well. Small translucent angel wings appeared on her back and her eyes glowed a gold to match them as she used her magic to speed up. The creatures stopped, slamming into a nearby tree as it turned around and nearly toppling it. It swung at her again with its claws as it turned, which she only just deflected with a whimpering "Eep!" noise as she backed up with enhanced speed.

MP 140/150

Spell name: Angelic Speed
Element: Light
MP cost: 10 (Sustain 5)
Effect: Kayoko’s irises glow a golden hue, and on her back appear what seems to be wings made entirely of light. They look like strange feathers made of beams of light. They are only for show, however. The spell raises Kayoko’s movement speed by *** as long as she sustains the spell.

Power: ***
Speed:
Area:
Extra:Radiant, Buff
Kayoko Sasaki
Kayoko Sasaki
Blue Pegasus D
Blue Pegasus D

Back to top Go down

Post by Elrowan Sabeur Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:47 pm

Elrowan rubbed his eyes and grumbled blearily when Hector first woke him up. Eventually Elrowan was up though, keeping watch while his other companions slept. The night was quiet except the crackling of fire, even Alastor remaining completely silent. Soon it was Kayoko's turn, and after gently shaking her awake, Elrowan returned to his own shelter. He fell asleep almost instantly after... only to be awakened by Kayoko's scream.

Immediately Elrowan's sleepiness disappeared. He ran outside... only to see Kayoko with lovely angel wings on her back. Momentarily Elrowan was frozen in shock. He rubbed his eyes to make sure he wasn't imagining things. But no... Kayoko had literally turned into an angel. It was like something from one of his dreams. The lizard-like thing she was fighting thrashed so hard it knocked down an entire tree, before turning its attention back to Kayoko.

"Lady Kayoko! Please be careful!" Elrowan snapped out of his reverie. In his hands, an orb of water appeared, stretching out until it formed a lance. The water was clear yet the form was solid, the pressure great enough to make it as sharp and durable as any normal weapon. With a great cry, Elrowan dashed against the wyvern. His water lance cut the side of it, where the scales shifted to yellow and became weaker.

The monster let out a great cry, flipping around immediately at the pain. Its spread its wings, towering above its human prey. Hissing ferociously, it lunged instead at Elrowan. He dodged the first claw swipe, only to be slammed to the side by its great tail. He gasped quietly, rammed against the tree. But this pain was nothing; he could continue fighting... In the back of his mind he could feel Alastor. Of course, now the other was awake - Elrowan couldn't remember the last time Alastor failed to show up for a fight. You stay out of this! He thought frantically, trying not to lose focus of the fight either. The wyvern snarled, dashing again towards Elrowan...

MP 80/100:
Elrowan Sabeur
Elrowan Sabeur
Blue Pegasus C
Blue Pegasus C

Back to top Go down

Post by PatriotArrow Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:21 pm

Hector has let me know that his internet was taken away despite paying the bill, so there won't be a post tonight.
PatriotArrow
PatriotArrow
Admin

Experience : 81
Primary Magic : Admin Magic

https://fairytailrevolution.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Hector Warfield Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:01 pm

Hector jumped awake at Kayoko's scream and tore out of the shelter after Elrowan.  He couldn't believe what he saw, it's a freaking mini dragon...after I Elrowan we wouldn't find any.  Oh well, now is not the time to worry about that.  There isn't much I can do here without setting our camp ablaze, course it seems to be happy to destroy it for us.  I need to get it out of our camp...if I can lure it to the beach it will be much easier to defeat.  "Hey, bird brain!" Hector yelled as he charged into the fray.  He concentrated his power and summoned his lava axe as he closed the distance.  "Sirocco, keep the others safe in case it comes back."  

The wyvern stopped in its dash at Elrowan long enough for Hector to get a good hit on it's hind leg.  With a roar it turned around and snapped at Hector.  "Gotta be faster than that!"  He taunted while backing up toward the beach.  He made it to the beach only getting scratched once on his forearm by its tail.  "Ha", he said glancing around, "you're in trouble now.  There's no reason for me to hold back now."    The lizard charged at him and Hector raised his right hand.  A dome of lava sprang up around the Hector, the wyvern let out a cry of surprise and pain as it couldn't stop in time and slammed into the dome.  Once it stumbled through the dome dazed and confused Hector ran up, axe at the ready.  With a mighty swing he cut the head off the wyvern, or at least he thought he did.  Once the axe cut the wyvern the entire thing dissolved into black smoke.  What?!  "It...it just vanished...it was real though, I have the cut on my arm to prove it.  How weird..."

Hector released the magic keeping the dome of lava and the axe in place and once he was sure there was no chance of a forest fire he returned to camp.  "Well...its gone, I guess.  When I killed it the whole thing turned into black smoke and disappeared.  Something weird is going on here."  He surveyed the damage, nothing too bad, just some trees on the boarder got knocked down.  "Anyone hurt?", he asked looking from Elrowan to Kayoko.

Spell name: Lava Dome
Element:  Lava
MP cost:  10
Effect:   Hector slams his fist into the ground and causes a dome of lava to spring forth between him and his enemies.
Power: (****)
Speed:
Area: *
Extra: Defending x2, Lingering, Burning

Spell name: Lava Axe
Element:  Lava
MP cost:  10
Effect:  Hector summons a giant battle axe made of molten lava
Power: **
Speed:
Area:
Extra: Lingering x2, Burning

(I am still having internet issues, AT&T says it will be fixed by the 19th but I'm strongly looking into other providers >_< ...regardless I should be able to borrow a friends internet until then so I plan on being able to post at least once a day, sorry...please bear with me.)
Hector Warfield
Hector Warfield
Blue Pegasus D
Blue Pegasus D

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down