FTR has moved to fairytailrevolution.jcink.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magic Assessment!

5 posters

Go down

Magic Assessment! Empty Magic Assessment!

Post by Tenjin Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:57 pm

Hey guys ^_^

So I am writing this question thread for suggestions. I am new to Fairy Tail RPing(With the exception of a bad incident about 2 years ago...anyways x.x) So I am a nooby I guess when it comes to Fairy Tail magic and battle. I have kept up with the manga of Fairy Tail, but spending 24 minutes every day watching the anime is too tiresome xD So naturally, I need some help/suggestions.

Intent

I intend to have a magic used for both support and direct combat, mainly support however. I prefer a sword or other means of close combat(So I will likely be using a FC with a kendo sword or something) If not, I'll choose a more appropriate FC for my magic.

Possible magi

Below will be comprised of a list of magic I am interested in, both a Primary & Secondary aspect will be considered with this list. That being said, any two of these magic will be used once I can obtain a Secondary magic. So~ I am trying to decide on a Primary Magic at the moment and a Secondary magic that will compliment the first magic well.

Arc of Embodiment
Copy Magic
Amaterasu Magic
Binding Magic*
Living Magic
Explosion Magic
Burst Magic
Bullet magic
Crash Magic*
Demon's Eye Magic*
Dispelling Magic*
Figure Eyes magic*
Purple Flare Magic
God Slayer Magic
Heavenly Body Magic*
Magic Drain Magic
Memory Make Magic
Nullification Magic*
Organic Link Magic*
Phasing Magic*
Polygon Magic*
Shadow Magic
Slot Magic*
Sound Magic
Territory Magic*
Wave Magic*

Combination Magic

Now, with that long list of magic stated above that I am interested in & the ways I can use it for support & direct combat, I'd like to go over a few combination skills, thus using a Primary & Secondary Magic in unison or succession.

Polygon Magic/Rune Magic

Binding Magic/Nullification Magic

Explosion Magic/Bullet Magic

Burst Magic/Demon's Eye Magic

Territory Magic/Figure Eyes Magic

Wave Magic/Burst Magic

Crash Magic/Demon's Eye Magic

Personal character style
I want a character who specializes in close-combat, likely with a sword or hand-to-hand, so I'd need magic that would compliment this well: though there are a couple really nice distance combinations as well. Depending on what magic I decide on, I will choose an appropriate faceclaim.

Feedback
Please! Give me some feedback~ I want to create an interesting character that is helpful and unique in roleplaying :)
Tenjin
Tenjin
Council D
Council D

Experience : 3
Primary Magic : Dark Écriture
Secondary Magic : N/A

Back to top Go down

Magic Assessment! Empty Re: Magic Assessment!

Post by Crisis Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:48 am

Just to make sure we're on the same page here, you do know that you're not limited to magic from the series, right? It's cool if that's what you want, but I personally find it a bit limiting.

As for what you've listed, there are some magics that I don't like. Figure Eyes is for taking over other people's bodies, Crash may be too powerful, Dispelling, Nullification, and Wave magic can make you nearly untouchable, Phasing magic can make you literally untouchable, Binding magic can be overpowered if you can immobilize an opponent for extended periods of time, and Bullet magic... Well, there's nothing wrong with it, per se, I just think it's kinda dull. Polygon magic might be good if you want to turn your body into a weapon, but if you're going to have a sword besides then it's kinda pointless.

Personally, if you're going to specialize in close-quarters combat, I think you need a kind of magic that will either allow you to drag your opponent into melee range or close the gap quickly, and then follow it up with something that can keep them in melee range. Then again, you don't see a lot of snipers in Fairy Tail, and most forums I go to seem to prefer melee combat anyway.
Crisis
Crisis
Guildless C
Guildless C

Experience : 104
Primary Magic : Requip: Defenstrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenjin Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:02 am

hello!

I appreciate your feedback & indeed that is true in many cases: I must point out though, that anything which could be used with abuse, would be first checked over by staff and made moderate changes to make it accepted :) naturally, I love a good power, but I do not enjoy OP/Godlike abilities where there is little to no challenge :P

That being said, I have decided on a magic for Tenjin- it will be my original idea, using Dark Écriture & Rune Magic. Feel free to check out my character app~ Click me!
Tenjin
Tenjin
Council D
Council D

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatsuma Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:07 am

while that's normally okay, the way you have it worded is a bit... possibly OP. If you're wanting something good though technically crash magic isn't banned and it's not like it makes you unbeatable. Speed/acceleration magic, and of course (and I've thought about doing this myself but too lazy) Chi/Qigong though most of that is pretty obviously straightforward.

Besides those I think with a bit of rewording your magic as it stands might be fine so we can see and go from there :).
Tatsuma
Tatsuma
Fairy Tail B
Fairy Tail B

Experience : 436
Primary Magic : Lightning Dragon Slayer
Secondary Magic : Void Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenjin Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:16 pm

Patriot Arrow says currently cannot approve my magic Dark Écriture because it is considered OP & unfair in the anime version. Of course I expected to be reasonable with it, but I have no clue how I would reword it or limit it to make it acceptable on the forum.
Tenjin
Tenjin
Council D
Council D

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasimir Sewik Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:04 pm

I looked at the post, and I don't think that's what it means. He's asking if you're okay with it not being 100% accurate to the FT series. So if you want it, all you need to do is say yes. Then when you create spells for your magic registration, just make sure none fall into the godmoding realm and you should be good.
Kasimir Sewik
Kasimir Sewik
Lamia Scale C
Lamia Scale C

Experience : 218
Primary Magic : Earth Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenjin Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:14 pm

I see. Though how can I say yes when I do not know how accurate it will be? If it won't be 100% accurate to the series, I cannot consent without knowing what is omitted: naturally I understand to not make things godmod.
Tenjin
Tenjin
Council D
Council D

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambrose Wilder Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:25 pm

I would say. "Yes, I see what you mean. I will keep it in mind." And then from there handle each spell individually, as they will.
Ambrose Wilder
Ambrose Wilder
Lamia Scale C
Lamia Scale C

Experience : 198
Primary Magic : Body Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasimir Sewik Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:20 am

Even after your character is accepted, you can still make changes, you'll just need to request for it to be unlocked. So, if you want to try out making spells for it you can do that, then once your char is approved, work out the details in the magic registration thread. If that sounds too complicated then yes, you'd probably be better off picking something else that you're confident you can work in.
Kasimir Sewik
Kasimir Sewik
Lamia Scale C
Lamia Scale C

Experience : 218
Primary Magic : Earth Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenjin Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:58 am

Thanks for the suggestions ^_^
Tenjin
Tenjin
Council D
Council D

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down