FTR has moved to fairytailrevolution.jcink.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rules Changes

Go down

Rules Changes Empty Rules Changes

Post by PatriotArrow Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:51 pm

2/27/14

What's this? More updates?! Wow I'm busy behind the scenes this week.

As a heads up, spells have been changed to no longer have the specific math tied to each * on a spell. This was part of the original site design that was lost when certain me's who will remain nameless caved a little too easily to someone who complained a lot and then left the site later anyway.

So why did I change it back? Well, I was talking with some of your other friendly neighborhood spider staffers (wut?) and we want spell use to be fun and relative rather than rigidly defined. This is a roleplay site, after all, not a tabletop game that needs hard rules for everything. This basically means that as long as you keep the relative power of a spell in mind, you have more freedom to do what you want with a spell.

In addition, the rules for Area have been redefined on spell stats. Each point of Area now effects an extra target beyond the first one, meaning the size of an area of effect style spell (such as an epic explosion!) is more up to you, though how many people can get caught in it depends on your rating.

You may be asked to either change something in your spells to reflect this, or for permission for a staff member to do so.

WHAT DOES THE FUTURE HOLD FOR OUR RULES?

None of you were asking that. I know the people on this site. I'm still answering it so too bad. We intend to reorganize, and in some cases, reword things to make everything much nicer and easier to work with.

Also, we may try out new ideas if they seem like good ones, and if we do we will update you here in the site announcements.

Last edited by PatriotArrow on Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
PatriotArrow
PatriotArrow
Admin

Experience : 81
Primary Magic : Admin Magic
Secondary Magic : N/A

https://fairytailrevolution.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Rules Changes Empty Re: Rules Changes

Post by PatriotArrow Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:32 pm

MORE CHANGES

Fairy Tail Revolution is rolling in some new systems to make things more exciting! What are these changes, you ask? We're starting with a wound system, which will primarily be used for missions, though they are also rather handy for deciding battles between other characters as well. Check out our Dealing Damage thread for more details.

OTHER CHANGES

We will be changing how missions work in order to make them more exciting. As they stand, they can be fun, but mostly if you have a good partner or two. We are putting together a better, more exciting away for people to undertake them.
PatriotArrow
PatriotArrow
Admin

Experience : 81
Primary Magic : Admin Magic
Secondary Magic : N/A

https://fairytailrevolution.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down