FTR has moved to fairytailrevolution.jcink.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

From Shadows

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

From Shadows - Page 2 Empty Re: From Shadows

Post by Sharaku Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:36 pm

Sharaku sat there with Fayte, the fact that both of them were rather untalkative making the situation almost comically unsocial. He looked over to say something once or twice, but she wasn’t interested in talking, he was sure, so he didn’t press it at first. He didn’t actually mind it anyway. It was peaceful, and the closest thing he had had to relaxing with friends since he left his old life in his ‘mad quest for revenge,’ as he had jokingly put it when he talked to one of the Shadow Heart guild’s recruiters. The bartender gave the pair fish and fries – a simple meal Sharaku had ordered mostly out of laziness. Since Fayte didn’t care either, she got the same thing.

“Where does one find a Harpy powerful enough for magic like yours?” Sharaku asked Fayte after a while. He knew no one was listening. People were too loud and wrapped up in their own conversations around them to matter. Plus, he wasn’t trying to hide the fact that they were wizards. Plus, he was actually curious. He knew a little bit about takeover magic. He had no idea if they could improve on the monsters themselves with their magic, or if they were stuck with however strong the creature was when they captured it.

Sharaku
Shadow Heart C
Shadow Heart C

Back to top Go down

Post by Fayte Scarlett Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:01 am

Fayte continued her silence streak, seemingly in her own world, while the rest of the bar continued its business. When the food came, Fayte turned her attention from the wall to the fish and chips. The food, at least to her, tasted good. The chips were a little salty, the cod having a nice batter. She ate neither slow nor fast, with neither proper manners nor messy. Eating was simply a means to sustaining oneself. Restaurants typically served more food than what Fayte made for herself at home, but not enough that she couldn't finish. She wasn't much of a leftover person, but she hated leaving food behind too.

With the food also came the possibility of a conversation. Fayte paused at the question. Takeover wizards... they were required to defeat the creature first, before they could assume the role of whatever monster they'd defeated. Apparently Sharaku knew at least a little lore of Fayte's magic. The Harpy was connected with her past, but Fayte didn't mind sharing details with Sharaku. "I did not find a Harpy... the Harpy found me and my family," she both corrected and answered. "My early childhood was spent in the outskirts of Shirotsume. It was away from the rest of the town, surrounded mainly by the forest. The Harpy somehow stumbled upon our home. My mother was the one who mainly fought it, but I was the one to land the finishing blow." It seemed so long ago. More than that, it felt like a different lifetime - as if that person had been someone else other than Fayte. "I was only three years old at the time. It wasn't until much later that I realized that I could wield such powerful magic, with the help of another takeover wizard - my Master, Xian Fei." The smallest amount of awe leaked through her normally monotonous tone, as if the very name of her teacher were sacred. And in truth, it was. Master Xian Fei was so much more than a teacher of magic. She had given Fayte a new life, and taught her everything that was needed to know in this world. Master Xian Fei had been perfect. The world was a sadder place without her.

Fayte Scarlett
Shadow Heart C
Shadow Heart C

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:50 am

So that was the story behind the harpy. And apparently Fayte as well. She was a little bit more of an open book than the copy mage had counted on her being. So many people didn’t even want to give you the time of day if it would reveal anything about them. At least of the smarter, more competent members of the guild. The idiots like Sharaku got into fights with were a different matter entirely. They’d brag all day about their biggest jobs and Sharaku would only insult them for doing it.

In this case though, he appreciated getting to hear what he did. It revealed a lot about Fayte compared to what he knew before, even if it wasn’t a lot. Her tone of voice suggested that her master was a powerful takeover mage, and one worthy of even the emotionless young woman’s devotion. He could respect that, he supposed. Sharaku had learned his own magic through a musty old tome he dug out of the library in Era when he was younger, and had never had a mentor.

“Your mentor taught you well then,” he commented before eating a French fry. “At least from what I’ve seen.” And he’d seen a lot, considering he’d gained every bit of her knowledge about the harpy takeover form when he touched her. Not knowledge of the past or anything, but of the use of the form itself. She had a rather good grasp of it, actually.

Sharaku
Shadow Heart C
Shadow Heart C

Back to top Go down

Post by Fayte Scarlett Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:31 pm

Fayte paused at Sharaku's words, using the time to eat a few of her own fries. She had answered because he had asked, but hadn't expected a compliment. It almost seemed out of place. “...Thank you,” she accepted his words. He didn't seem like the type to simply say something out of curtesy. Perhaps it was a little naïve, but she trusted that he meant what he said. “I still have much to learn. My master was a much greater takeover wizard than myself.” Perhaps one of the reasons why she didn't mind talking about her past... was because it was a part of her life that was over and done with. She had neither parents, nor master, nor old guild to return to. All that she had was in Shadow Heart.

While there were others like her in the guild, not many were quite as isolated. “You mentioned before that you were approached by a man to join our family...” Fayte recounted. “It was easy for me to join... And yet you...” She found herself unusually struggling for words. It was hard for her to put her feelings into tangible questions. Maybe it was just her perception on the matter, but she thought biological family was very important. Something that most would value above all else, and something far beyond Fayte's reach. Was revenge greater than that? The pain of losing a single person, worth giving up the bonds of other kin? Perhaps she was looking at it from the wrong angle... If Sharaku's father was like her master, then it would make more sense.

“Your father taught you your magic?” Fayte finally asked. It might've seemed like an odd conclusion to jump to. “....” She seemed to realize it herself, and shook her head. She wanted them to be similar... They had a common enemy, they were kindred spirits in terms of how they handled work. “I want to help you find the man you're looking for...” She finally admitted, as much to him as to herself. Somehow his dream and ideal, one he'd given up a past life for willingly, all to see one man to justice... It was a story she wanted to be part of, taking control of fate rather than being its victim. They had only just met, and yet she could feel that this was an important decision...
Fayte Scarlett
Fayte Scarlett
Shadow Heart C
Shadow Heart C

Experience : 218
Primary Magic : Takeover: Harpy Soul
Secondary Magic : N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:32 pm

Sharaku listened to Fayte as she thanked him and then became seemingly confused as to why he had joined Shadow Heart. She told him it was easy for her to join. Like there had never been another option. Sharaku took another bite, not answering immediately. “I joined because my father was a good man. He was used by a corrupt Councilman who still sits on his lazy butt all day growing fat while my family struggles. And I do not believe he was the only victim. The longer it takes me to find him, the more people the man will use for his own gain.”

Fayte asked him if his father taught him his magic, to which he chuckled slightly, sipping his drink before setting it down heavily and glancing over at her. “No, my father didn’t teach me magic. His magic was very different than mine. What I learned, I learned from musty old tomes in the forbidden section of Era’s national library.” He had snuck there to look for things the general public wasn’t allowed to learn. It would be an edge when the time came to get his revenge. And until that time, he could practice his skills and gain more power that would help him in his goal. If he was the last person hurt by the Councilman, that was acceptable. “I don’t expect it to end well,” he told Fayte, “But if you truly wish to help, then I will keep you informed on what I learn.”
Sharaku
Sharaku
Shadow Heart C
Shadow Heart C

Experience : 125
Primary Magic : Mimicry Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Fayte Scarlett Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:18 pm

Fayte absorbed the information quietly. She had little experience with the upper class in Fiore. She saw the Magic Councilman's lackeys, saw how they oppressed the people. She saw how they interfered only when it benefited them to do so. The real figureheads, those not active in the field, were somewhat of a mystery to her. Perhaps it was like Shadow Heart, where a certain amount of secrecy benefited their organization. It was like a very complicated game of chess. Sharaku was right... it was dangerous, and it was probably over Fayte's head. Even her experience with Mordekai had been fairly limited.

"I am sure..." Fayte assured him; assured herself. "A common enemy, after all..." Yes, that explained her earlier determination... helping him would indirectly benefit her as well. She finished consuming the rest of her fish and chips, realizing that Sharaku did not have any Master to speak of... Tomes were a poor substitute to a living teacher. Tomes could teach magic, but not how to learn or how to feel life. She wondered... what trials he had faced so far. Although she had joined around the same time as him... she had far more experience in her past dark guild life.

When the check came, Fayte counted out the exact amount of cash for her meal... and then her own for a tip, she believed it was customary and courteous... She felt unusually tired, and she did not think it was because of the mission. Sitting down and talking like this... it was difficult, more difficult than dragging an unwilling target back into their guild hall. She rose from her seat, pausing before she left. Normally one said something here, she thought... similar to a greeting, but in reverse. "Goodbye..." She decided on, unsure if they would indeed work or even meet again. Only time would tell.
Fayte Scarlett
Fayte Scarlett
Shadow Heart C
Shadow Heart C

Experience : 218
Primary Magic : Takeover: Harpy Soul

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaku Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:09 pm

Sharaku gave Fayte a nod as they exited the pub at last, with her telling him goodbye tentatively, as if she wasn’t sure they would ever talk again. He gave her a slight grin. “I’m sure I’ll see you around. It’s not like I’m going anywhere,” he told her reassuringly, though he doubted she would need reassurance, and wasn’t entirely sure if she cared either way.

The meal had been mostly silent, but honestly Sharaku hadn’t minded. She was probably the first non-related girl he’d ever had a meal with that wasn’t awkward, even if it was quiet. That was saying something. He gave her a wave, turning and walking the opposite direction. He had an errand to run while he was out, after all.

He found himself glancing back at her as they walked in opposite directions. Was she okay? She seemed fine. Or… exactly like she was when they’d met, he supposed. Why had she seemed so unsure when they said goodbye? Had she wanted him to not go? Well, he’d already screwed that up, he supposed with a sigh as he turned around and kept walking. He grinned though, hanging his head and closing his eyes thoughtfully for a moment as he walked alone. “Not goodbye, no,” he decided as he lost sight of the girl.

-Exit-
Sharaku
Sharaku
Shadow Heart C
Shadow Heart C

Experience : 125
Primary Magic : Mimicry Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content