FTR has moved to fairytailrevolution.jcink.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opposing Viewpoints

Go down

Opposing Viewpoints Empty Opposing Viewpoints

Post by Zahn Skye Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:16 am

So, here he was. Zahn, nicknamed the Guildless Skye, was here in the new home of the Magic Council. He would've never guessed he'd be here. However, by some happy (or unhappy) accident he'd stumbled upon a fellow Guildless mage a while ago and after learning that some of his fellow mages shared his viewpoint - namely that the Council was being a bunch of oppressive jerks - the young Jinx mage decided to head to the Magic Council's new town to see why some people seemed to love them so much.

And yet I've seen nothing so far. No evidence as to why this new era needs the Magic Council's harsh hand to guide it. So far everything seems to be exactly the same as it was before the war. Guildless, Dark and regular registered mages all seem to go one with their lives as if the world hasn't changed one bit.

Zahn stared at the Magic Council building from afar, wondering to himself about a great many things. His cloak was draped over his body, and night was fast approaching. He stood out, even more than usual, but honestly he just didn't seem to care. He was free to do whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted. He wasn't actively bothering anyone and if people were frightened by him that was their problem. All he was doing was standing and staring at a building.

II wonder what I'd say... if I meet one of the vaunted Council members. Those who partake in the process of deciding what is best for out country. I wonder if any of those old fools have even seen what kind of a state the rest of the world was in before deciding that they knew what was best from numerous people around the world. Perhaps they would say I'm in the wrong, for not conforming to their basic standards of what it means to contribute to the safety of the country's citizens. Still... I suppose I'll never really know. All in all, I've yet to meet a person on the side of the Council I'm willing to have a civil conversation with...

Zahn looked around and shook his head, disappointed that he had come here for no reaosn. Even if he was to find out something that convinced him to change his mind it would likely take him a long time to do so. He knew that everyone did what they thought was best, including himself, but it would never sit right with him.

"Taking away even one of a person's basic freedoms is completely wrong."

He believed that with all of his heart. He felt that he'd never regret saying something like that. As long as someone was not actively trying to harm him, he'd never think about forcing someone else to conform to his way of thinking. Especially since you'd always have people who disagreed. It was nice to talk about peace and freedom, but to do so while telling a good percent of your country's population that they would be hunted down like dogs if they failed to comply? Well, that was a different story.
Zahn Skye
Zahn Skye
Lamia Scale C
Lamia Scale C

Experience : 110
Primary Magic : Jinx Magic
Secondary Magic : N/A

https://www.youtube.com/ImagineIfYouWillShow

Back to top Go down

Opposing Viewpoints Empty Re: Opposing Viewpoints

Post by Zahn Skye Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:59 pm

After a long while, Zahn decided it was time to move on.

I suppose, honestly, there is nothing I can legitimately do to change the Council's stance. I'll just have to beat down the Seekers that attack me and avoid being captured by the Council.

The young Jinx mage sighed and gathered himself, preparing to make another trip somewhere else. If only he could do something about this pent-up frustration. Unfortunately, he was sure he couldn't take on the entire Magic Council himself so there was really no reason to remain standing here and staring at the Council building.

"... time for me to move on, then..."

Zahnn turned away from the building and made his way to the station, all the while thinking about his life and what events had led him here. He never wanted to end up a wandering Guildless mage, but after his sister threw him out of her life he'd been travelling trying to make sense of his own path. He enjoyed his freedoms and while his sister was probably making the right choice for herself Zahn didn't want any part of a family that had always seemed to only spare the tiniest of considerations for him. The boy sighed again as he arrived at the station platform.

"I hope I never get bored enough to come back here again..."
Zahn Skye
Zahn Skye
Lamia Scale C
Lamia Scale C

Experience : 110
Primary Magic : Jinx Magic
Secondary Magic : N/A

https://www.youtube.com/ImagineIfYouWillShow

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum