FTR has moved to fairytailrevolution.jcink.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Avernale's Lampade's Holder Spells

2 posters

Go down

Avernale's Lampade's Holder Spells Empty Avernale's Lampade's Holder Spells

Post by Avernale Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:01 pm

Spell name: Barophobia
Element: Madness
MP cost: 10
Effect: The user swings Lampade downward, creating a shockwave of violet light.  Instead of dealing damage, this spell tricks the mundane senses of the victims so they will believe they are falling through a bottomless chasm with whatever flying abilities they have rendered useless. This effect lasts one full turn.

Power: ***
Speed: 0
Area: 0
Extra: * (Cone, Non-Lethal)

Spell name: Sociophobia
Effect: The user raises the Lampade as it shines an obfuscating light.  Anyone caught in its area of effect will experience momentary disorientation until it fades, after which point they will see an illusion where the nearest ally and the caster have switched places, with the illusionary caster about to attack the victim (or an ally if there are multiple victims).

Area: *
Extra: 0 (Non-Lethal)

Spell name: Grandiosity
Effect: The violet flames on the Lampade flare brilliantly, increasing the Power of the spells cast with it other than this one.

Extra: * (Buff: Power)

Spell name: Imaginary Invulnerability
Effect: While this spell is in effect, the caster will, to all outside observers, appear to successfully defend, deflect, or neutralize all attacks made against them.  Ranged attacks will appear to be deflected effortlessly while melee attacks will seem to pass through the caster as if they were made of smoke.  This, of course, is an illusion that occurs whether the attack lands or not, and thus does not physically protect the caster from anything.  The caster will have to defend against attacks normally and any that land will take full effect.  This spell functions solely to intimidate enemies, but has no direct magical effect on them.

Extra: * (Sustained)

Spell name: Maddening Clarity
Effect: By gazing through the lantern embedded in the Lampade, the user is able to see through illusions within visual range, spot magically-hidden enemies, and sometimes (at the GM’s discretion) receive prophetic visions that act as enigmatic hints towards finding solutions.  If this spell fails, the user is likely to see false visions instead of whatever they were trying to find (also at the GM’s discretion).

Power: ****
Extra:n ** (Sustained, Targets Self)

Last edited by Avernale on Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:21 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Concussive Strike replaced by Grandiosity, Maddening Clarity now only reveals enemies if they have been hidden magically.)
Avernale
Avernale
Council D
Council D

Experience : 5
Primary Magic : Lampade-the edge of Madness
Secondary Magic : N/A

http://avernale.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Avernale's Lampade's Holder Spells Empty Re: Avernale's Lampade's Holder Spells

Post by Tatsuma Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:54 pm

Okay starting with sociophobia, for that blinding light to have that blinding light effect, we have an effect called "Radiant" and you'll probably need to use that.

With concussive strike, there's no problem with the debuff itself... I just don't see how hitting someone upside the head would cause a willpower drop. I guess you can keep it as is, it's more of a making sense deal.

Imaginary invulnerability- There's absolutely nothing wrong with this spell I just really like it :P

Maddening Clarity- Define prophetic visions <.< additionally it will only see through illusions with 4 *'s or less so do keep that in mind.

Other than those things you're looking good so get those changes made and them bump when you're done... but don't chance imaginary invulnerability, that one's my favorite >.>

Tatsuma
Tatsuma
Fairy Tail B
Fairy Tail B

Experience : 436
Primary Magic : Lightning Dragon Slayer
Secondary Magic : Void Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Avernale Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:12 pm

Sociophobia is not meant to blind as a status effect, so now the light obfuscates instead.

Concussive Strike assumed Willpower was used to overcome illusions, but now I'm not sure if that's tied to an actual stat I can debuff. I have changed it to Intelligence, since that makes more sense and I'm currently under the impression that it affects how strong magic can be. The idea is that it's supposed to make the illusions more effective, so I might change this after I think of a better way to do that.

My friend seems to think there may be some confusion as to how Imaginary Invulnerability works, so I'm going to clarify something to make sure we're all on the same page. The strategy behind this ability is to make my opponent flustered at my supposedly impregnable defenses so they will overcompensate for what they think I'm doing and become less effective by trying too hard. This isn't a magical/game-mechanical effect, but a psychological one, so it's entirely possible it may backfire. Also, the attack can miss entirely and the illusion will still appear to be deflecting it.

Maddening Clarity's visions have been elaborated on a bit, but I'm not sure I've made them any better. Again, kind of a "Sword of Omens" thing, but in this case the visions may be entirely incomprehensible. And I also accept the fact that a 5 * or greater illusion will probably just be made worse by this effect.
Avernale
Avernale
Council D
Council D

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatsuma Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:20 pm

technically there is no stat that affects how strong magic can be other than RP honor etc. unless you're using the duel system with the dice roller. Otherwise no debuff will weaken someone to illusions.

also with maddening clarity, spotting hidden people is fine if they are magically hidden or using an illusion to hide etc. It will not find someone that is hidden using mundane methods since that's typically rped out.

bump when changes are made
Tatsuma
Tatsuma
Fairy Tail B
Fairy Tail B

Back to top Go down

Post by Avernale Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:23 am

Concussive Strike has been replaced with Grandiosity, which buffs the sword's spells when cast. Though now I don't have a damaging spell. Hmm...

Maddening Clarity now specifies the enemies have to be hidden magically.

Bumped.
Avernale
Avernale
Council D
Council D

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatsuma Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:34 am

Works for me approved Avernale's Lampade's Holder Spells 3308478446 have fun with her.
Tatsuma
Tatsuma
Fairy Tail B
Fairy Tail B

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down