FTR has moved to fairytailrevolution.jcink.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A wild Poll appears!

3 posters

Go down

How do *you* think missions should be handled?

A wild Poll appears! I_vote_lcap20%A wild Poll appears! I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]
A wild Poll appears! I_vote_lcap20%A wild Poll appears! I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]
A wild Poll appears! I_vote_lcap0%A wild Poll appears! I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
A wild Poll appears! I_vote_lcap60%A wild Poll appears! I_vote_rcap 60% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

A wild Poll appears! Empty A wild Poll appears!

Post by Kotone Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:04 pm

Alright, so we've been changing things up quite a bit here, hopefully mostly for the better. What we would like to know is your thoughts on the systems and what should be done to make things the best they can possibly be, in order to prevent just changing everything back and forth all the time.

Ellyphant had a wonderful sounding idea about how to fine-tune our mission system and make them as fun as possible for everyone, which is what our goals have been since we started the GM'ing idea.

Essentially, what Elly thought was this: Missions should be more open, and not necessarily GM'ed. Rather, other people can take missions from other points of view. They also thought that missions shouldn't just reward success, but failure as well so that you can take the story in any direction you would like.

A last note is the possibility of taking off the need to ask permission for a mission. This was mostly put in place as a measure to make sure less honest people (Which we don't have on the site yet, so yay ^^) wouldn't cheat the system, but needing to have a thread checked anyway for rewards would probably cover this.

Actually that isn't the last note. What would people think of having the ability to help 'GM' threads with their friends? Perhaps they could get experience for their character while playing the part of the baddies and NPC's?

This message has gone on long enough. So without further adieu, I shall construct a pole to attach to this thread for your voting pleasure! Wait... What's that? Oh. poll~. I get it now. I'll do that instead.

Leave any additional thoughts or comments not covered by your poll answer here, please!
Kotone
Kotone
Guildless A
Guildless A

Experience : 552
Primary Magic : Ice Dragon Slayer
Secondary Magic : Gale Force

Back to top Go down

A wild Poll appears! Empty Re: A wild Poll appears!

Post by Guest Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:58 pm

Actually that isn't the last note. What would people think of having the ability to help 'GM' threads with their friends? Perhaps they could get experience for their character while playing the part of the baddies and NPC's?
I'll only respond to this in particular part since the rest are already covered in my suggestion thread.

So as I understand it, this means that people can volunteer to be GM for specific threads at any given time. I'm mostly ok with this, cause it would achieve one of my main goals, which is to remove the grunt that being a gm entails from the few people currently allowed to GM. This could cause its own series of potential problems, but for the most part I vote yes on it. That said, events that could heavily influence the plot should be handled by a staff GM or a properly appointed GM. Note that to become an official GM requirements should probably include 'high levels of activity' and willingness/ability to take initiative in threads.

That said, I'm aware not everyone shares my point of view and some people might wanna do solo threads for whatever reason; so I guess all options should be left open to some extent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ren Caverly Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:35 am

I definitely like having the ability to make a choice. I know that some people want direct interaction, but I am not one of them. I would have to be penalized for their preferences, or them penalized for mine, and that is why having a choice sounds great. I like to write stories and be able to advance my character without being held to the schedule of someone else, or even when I get busy I want to know in some things I can go at my own pace. Eventually I am sure I would enjoy a GMed mission, but I would be restricted to taking things how the GM is going, and at times I like to avoid that.

As far as collaborating on a mission(or as you put it, having a member GM it) that sounds cool. Again, I might personally not want to do that, and then again, I also might surprise myself. Either way, I think it’s a nice idea.

As for asking to take a job, it does seem unnecessary to me, but not a big hindrance since people are usually on when I ask. That being said, it probably isn’t needed.

That said, I'm aware not everyone shares my point of view and some people might wanna do solo threads for whatever reason; so I guess all options should be left open to some extent.

Yes, some people would want to do solo threads for some odd reason *points to self for previously mentioned reasons* and keeping options open is good for everyone I think. Aaaaand unrelated to that, I like the adorable admin.
Ren Caverly
Ren Caverly
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Experience : 615
Primary Magic : Shadow Magic
Secondary Magic : N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasimir Sewik Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:20 pm

I'd be good with the current way of having GM handling things, and I would be okay with Elly's idea too.  With the right people it could be a lot of fun, but as an ex-GM, I could possibly see a lot of problems with it in the future (for the other mods, even if some things were limited to event missions).  I'm happy to be rping with anyone really, missions give a nice excuse to create some scenarios, so the writing solo part doesn't sound fun to me (I do a lot of writing in my spare time already).  Whatever is decided I'm sure will be fun, just a matter of how much work it is on you mods, good luck to you =)
Kasimir Sewik
Kasimir Sewik
Lamia Scale C
Lamia Scale C

Experience : 218
Primary Magic : Earth Magic
Secondary Magic : N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down