FTR has moved to fairytailrevolution.jcink.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Renata Caverly

Go down

Renata Caverly Empty Renata Caverly

Post by Ren Caverly Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:12 am

Ren

Renata Caverly Tumblr_m8qbezGzlh1r8uyogo1_500

[Attributes]
Power -    **
Agility -   *****   
Toughness -  ***
Intelligence -   ****
Willpower - *

[Basic Information]
Full Name: Renata Mirelle Caverly
Alias(es): Ren
Birthday: February 1st. She isn't fond of the day, because it is cold and she prefers not to be cold, it makes her feel fragile.
Sexuality: Probably bisexual, leaning more toward girls. She is for the most part more intimidated by men and prefers the company of women currently.

[Characteristics]
Height: 5'2”
Weight: 90 lbs
Hair: Pale blond, perhaps a bit gray colored in some light
Eyes: Soft brown eyes, near the color of honey

General Appearance: Ren is a petite little thing. She most often wears an oversized black hoodie. The hoodie is black, her favorite color, thick cotton to keep her warm, and tends to fall over her hands completely. When she is feeling especially shy the hood comes up over her head and her entire face is shrouded some, making her feel more secure. She also commonly wears a black and red plaid skirt that she was told made her look “cute,” but mostly she wears this because it is available. She also wears black tights. The amount of her legs shown by her short skirt might make them look long, but coupled with her hoodie, it's own length encroaching on that of the skirt, and her actual height, her legs still don't look like much. She wears Mary-Janes or black and white converse.

Ren's hair is quite short, only reaching the bottoms of her ears in most parts, though the bangs in the front can hang over her eyes and actually reach lower than her chin in front. She generally appears cute, with a frequent blush on her features if she is uncomfortable. Her skin is pale, from natural complexion and from lack of time spent in sunlight. She is thin, a bit skinnier than she ought to be, but she does eat. She most likely doesn't get enough food, but the enormous hoodie that engulfs her body means that no one can see this. She sometimes wears dark eye makeup and various earrings, shown easily with her short hair pushed back. She doesn't seem to have any muscles, and probably bruises easily, but she does seem like she can run away fairly easily.

Personality: Ren has been through a lot in her life. She is afraid. She’s afraid of people, afraid of being alone, afraid of being with someone, afraid of hurting others and of being hurt. She is certainly a timid creature. When she lost her friends she thought she was sad, but she could take it. When her parents abandoned her she was sure she was doomed, but her best friend helped. When she lost her best friend she felt worthless. She became completely clingy and dependent. She needed the people in her life and she needed them every second.

She alternates between ultra clingy and awkwardly distant. It is because she doesn’t trust anyone. She has not been able to trust anyone in a long time. It isn’t that she doesn’t want to, she wants desperately to trust people, but she cannot. She is afraid, she cannot afford it, and besides, what have they done to earn her trust? She is in a guild, and she appreciates that, but in the end she is just one of many, she is certain everyone has someone better to spend their time with. Not just someone they like more, but someone better.

She is a good person, at her core, surely. She is timid, shy, afraid, but she will still pick something up for you if you drop it. She will ask if you are alright if you seem especially upset, even if it makes her heart pound just to speak up. She respects authority, and loves to watch people dance. She finds herself clumsy and awkward, despite her natural grace, and this keeps her from showing off what could actually be an asset, her dance like skills. She wants for people to be happy, she wants to comfort those who need it, and she wants, desperately to have friends. She needs company, without it she remains depressed and afraid. She needs a comfort zone, but she has none. She feels that since she isn’t worth people’s companionship, she can at least help people, and thus she tries to be as nice to everyone as she can be.

When she finds someone she has an attachment to she is on them like glue. She can be physically clingy, holding hands with any friend, clinging to someone’s arm, hugging, sitting in laps, snuggling up, and falling asleep next to anyone she thinks she should trust. Should trust, since she cannot bring herself to trust anyone. She would probably let some people in her hoodie if they were cold. No, not take it off; let them in it, it is pretty big after all. She gets jealous easily and can be seen sulking or hiding if she thinks her current attachment is more interested in other people. That is not to say that she is actually upset they like someone else, but she is sure their other interest is much better than her, and they will realize this and never come back to her. She is preparing for the loss.

Overall she is a sweet girl, a lonely little creature, but she has the capacity for great loyalty and love.
Likes: Friendship, conversation, being close to people, touching skin, cotton, warm weather, making people smile, helping people, a long night’s sleep.
Dislikes: Being alone at night, not knowing where her next meal is coming from, disappointing anyone, putting herself out there, being vulnerable, talking about her parents, paying people, exchange of money at all, insecurity, sunburns, struggling to be on time, her own limbs, feeling inadequate, being asked about her magic.

Motivations: Her motivations are first and foremost to survive. She may not like herself, but she wants to survive. On top of that she hopes to make friends, she wants to be happy. And additionally she would like to help others. At the very most she wants to be a relevant part of people’s lives, and generally do good. Hurting others seems unnecessary to her, there is enough hurt in the world, but if she had to hurt herself or others over the people she has become attached to, she will do what must be done.
Fears: Ren is afraid of being alone, she is afraid to lose people and hurt anyone. She is afraid of generally being a disappointment. She is not afraid of the dark, or fire, but she is afraid of heights. She is afraid, deep down, that anything she touches goes away or falls apart.

[Life]
Family: Ren had two parents. Pia and Milo Caverly, but she has not spoken to them in years. She was an only child. She feels that maybe if she had other siblings she would not have been such a disappointment to everyone.
Medical Conditions: None.
Pets: None
Hometown: Era
Secrets: That she feels to blame for her best friend's suicide. That her parents left her. That she is insecure. That she doesn't like her magic because it isn't “pretty” enough.

History:

[Guild & Magic]

Guild: Lamia Scale
Guild Tattoo: On her back, low enough her hoodie covers it even with the hood down, but not quite low enough that it is between her shoulder blades.

Magic: Shadow Magic
Caster or Holder: Caster
Description: This is a magic used to manipulate shadows. The magic can move shadows, and with more effort treat them like a tangible force. It takes more energy to move things with shadows, and eventually the magic can create shadows from any object. Initially shadow magic requires an actual shadow to be manipulated, which is impossible in complete darkness, or under direct light, but as the magic grows the shadows can move through darkness and light and most exist on their own through the power of the magic user.
Strengths: Shadow magic is fairly versatile. At first it is only a very narrow field of illusion, but as it grows it can be used to move and restrain. It can change shapes and stretch out by narrowing and reach great lengths. As it becomes more powerful it can form even in complete darkness and even be conjured from the flickering of fire as it casts shadows around it. It can also be used as a barrier to protect the user. The magic is as powerful or weak as its user.

Weaknesses: A weakness of the magic is that at first it is merely an illusion. It can shift but not actually impact anything else. It can also not be used in complete darkness because there is no light to cast the shadow. Shining direct line on the magic, such as with fire magic, can also destroy the shadow magic at its weakest. It also must retain its size. Although the shape can change, it cannot expand from a bottle’s shadow to cover a whole house.

RP Sample:

Face Claim: Shirasaka Koume, The iDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls.

Desired starting level: 2

Last edited by Ren Caverly on Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:31 am; edited 2 times in total
Ren Caverly
Ren Caverly
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Experience : 615
Primary Magic : Shadow Magic
Secondary Magic : N/A

Back to top Go down

Renata Caverly Empty Re: Renata Caverly

Post by Ren Caverly Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:25 pm

I think this is done? And I was supposed to say level 2? Maybe? Hopefully.
Ren Caverly
Ren Caverly
Lamia Scale A
Lamia Scale A

Experience : 615
Primary Magic : Shadow Magic
Secondary Magic : N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:41 am

Hi and welcome to the site Ren. I am Sinon, and though we haven't had time to talk in the chatbox, for I am a busy person work work work work. I am to grade this app. So without further ado let us begin.

I like your personality, it is detailed. As is almost every other part of your app. Your likes, dislikes, motivations and the like were lacking a bit on the descriptive side like the other things, but still me and my pal, whom has been passively listening to me read this app, give you our approval thus far.

Spoiler:

Your history is informative, and unlike most of the other apps I have approved recently, sticks along with the history of the site thus far.

And Ren... you may not like your character... I will keep this a secret between you an me I promise, I just want to say this magic is one of my favorite types of magic, well all magic is my favorite kind of magic. I think you will find it is going to be fun. Feel free to ask me if you need help making your spells.

Overall this app is well written. As much as I love nit picking apps, this app has nothing to nitpick... oh wait there is one thing... this app could have been approved for level 3, but only just. However you asked for level 2, and I shall give you want you want.

Renata Caverly Approv26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down