FTR has moved to fairytailrevolution.jcink.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revamp Incoming Discussion

2 posters

Go down

Revamp Incoming Discussion Empty Revamp Incoming Discussion

Post by Kasimir Sewik Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:46 pm

Posted here since we can't reply in announcements. If you haven't seen it yet, view the thread here

I thought it would be good to have a place to post our thoughts, concerns, ideas, so on. Since this isn't final, regular members of this site will definitely have some weight.

Personally I'm for it. Stats and stuff can be fun, but a lot of the stuff is more on the grinding level. Like for example, the most efficient way to level up right now is to solo thread, and post the minimum words (200), and continue responding in 30 minute intervals. Then turn in the mission for extra exp/jewels. I don't think that's how RPing should work personally, I'm much more interested in rping with others, even though honestly I've abused this system in the past.

I've been roleplaying very loosely for a long time now and it works. Not with everyone, and not perfectly, but for me it's more fun to just roll with whatever happens. I'm a fan of using letter ranks as general ability/power too, as it rewards veteran players but isn't a strict rule system.

I do have a question - magic is currently divided into different types, such as holder and caster. Will this new system just allow anyone to have both holder and caster magic, or is that all going to be going away, and spells are used more freely and we can actually carry weapons now?
Kasimir Sewik
Kasimir Sewik
Lamia Scale C
Lamia Scale C

Experience : 218
Primary Magic : Earth Magic
Secondary Magic : N/A

Back to top Go down

Revamp Incoming Discussion Empty Re: Revamp Incoming Discussion

Post by PatriotArrow Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:50 pm

To your question - Likely, it'll be more of a flavor thing. You can decide where your lightning comes from. The Requip mages get the freedom to say they requip for different abilities. Regular holders decide how their holder item works, and casters get to shoot cool fireballs in whatever manner is both not godmodding and befits their character. Hopefully that helps.
PatriotArrow
PatriotArrow
Admin

Experience : 81
Primary Magic : Admin Magic
Secondary Magic : N/A

https://fairytailrevolution.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down