FTR has moved to fairytailrevolution.jcink.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Find that cat? (Mission)

Go down

Find that cat? (Mission) Empty Find that cat? (Mission)

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:25 pm

Walking around the town like a common man. Observing everything that was around him. This was what Bruce loved to do. Calm his mind. But then again, he was also secretly hoping that something challenging would turn up. It has been a long time since he had been playing hero. And although most people would call it childish, Bruce believed that there wasn't any point of growing up if one could not be childish at times. He continued walking through the city streets.

That's when he saw the old woman. A quick look at her told Bruce that she had lost someone she loved. Not to death, but literally lost. The way she kept looking around expectantly, muttering a name, all of it supported his deduction. He walked up to her and said, "Hi ma'am. My name is Bruce. Bruce Rawson. Can I help you with anything?"

The woman then looked up to him, and a faint glimmer of hope appeared in her eyes. "Oh yes, please, Sir! It's my granddaughter, Neko! I am not able to find her! She is six years old, has pink hair, and is as hyper as a teenager pumped on sugar! I last saw her by the park! Please help me find her! I beg of you!"

"Alright, ma'am. You wait right here. I shall find Neko and bring her back to you." Bruce said, and off he went to look for the little girl. After ten minutes, he found himself outside the park. Looking around, he quickly spotted the girl, Neko. He walked up to her and said, "Hello Neko. I'm here to take you to your grandmother. She's worried sick about you. If you could come with m.... OUCH!!!!" The last bit was because the girl suddenly decided to bite Bruce's arm, and suddenly, she took off lie a cheetah.

Bruce had often heard the saying "as easy as a walk in the park." Well, chasing Neko wasn't so easy after all. That girl sure could sprint really well for a six year old. "Hey! Neko! I'm not going to hurt you! Just come here! I will give you candies if you like!" Bruce kept yelling, but to no avail. She kept running, and in no time, she was at the city's main district. That's when she stopped.

"I've got you now, you little demon..." muttered Bruce, when suddenly, he saw something from the corner of his eye. Four men running. Turning around, Bruce found himself by a bank. And it looked like those three men had just robbed it. Bruce didn't know whether to catch them or let the policemen that had gathered around the bank handle them, when suddenly, the guy who looked like he was in charge went and grabbed Neko by the neck.

"Nobody move! Or this girl dies!" He said. This wasn't the first time Bruce had heard the cliched remark. Almost every single wannabe criminal thought it made them seem powerful, when in fact it did just the opposite. But Bruce wasn't about to take this guy lightly. One look into his eye, and Bruce realized that the man meant what he said. This meant war.

Bruce quietly retreated back by a few steps, just to find an opening. His main priority was to take the man off guard. The man suddenly sprouted chains from his hand, and looked at everyone around him like a cornered animal would. The other three mages seemed to be a bit weaker than him, and seemed to have powers over the earth, as they just lifted the rocks around them and threatened to hit the law enforcers with them. Bruce looked around, and saw a building directly behind the man who had grabbed Neko. He turned around, and entered one of the other buildings, climbed to the top floor, and looked at the man, who seemed to be talking to the police.

"You losers think you can get me? I am Railan! The unstoppable! I have never been defeated in combat!" he said, giving his name out like an idiot. Well, all the better for Bruce. He now knew more about the man. An arrogant man who misused power. Bruce had met many like him, and had defeated all of them. He turned to his right, started springing, and right before he reached the edge of the building, he jumped up, landing safely onto the roof of the next building. He continued doing so until he was directly behind Railan.

He then took a deep breath, and pushed his right hand outwards. His tattoo started to glow, and the spell was activated. The effect of gravity was now reduced by 15%. He took aim, and jumped off the building, and controlled his descent, landing softly just behind Railan, who had his back to Bruce. Bruce them Clenched his fists, and punched Railan in the head, and swiftly grabbed Neko and started sprinting towards the crowd. After making sure a law enforcer had tightly held Neko's hand, Bruce rushed back into battle. Railan was now using his chains to fend off the law enforcers, while his minions were hurling rocks at people everywhere. When Railan saw Bruce, he let out a wild scream, and launched two chains at Bruce. Bruce dodged the first chain skillfully, and held the second one with his right hand. He then quickly activated a spell which let him increase his own mass and power, and sharply tugged the chain. Railan came flying towards Bruce, and was met with a punch to his face. Bruce then turned towards the minions, who came running towards him, and when they were five meters away from him, each of them launched a huge rock at him. Bruce ducked, and activated his next spell, letting out a huge explosion which destroyed the rocks and knocked the mages away. He then ran towards one of them, and with a sharp blow to the temple, put him out of action. He then picked him up, swung him around twice, and launched him at the second mage who had just got up. He was hit by the man so hard that he too was knocked out. Bruce then turned to the final mage, who came charging towards him. Bruce sighed, and ran towards the man, and when he was a meter away, skidded on the floor, and kicked the man's feet. He then caught his hands, twisted it behind his back, and with a small pull, broke the arm, following which he gave a sharp jab to the back, breaking it.

Bruce then turned towards Railan, who had just got up. Furious, Railan launched five chains at Bruce. Three of them wrapped themselves around Bruce, and constricted him. Bruce held his breath, tightened his arms, and with a yell, pushed them outwards, breaking the chains. He then ran towards Railan, grabbed his neck, picked him up, and threw him towards the ground, knocking him out for good.

After the four were arrested, Bruce went to Neko, who was shaking with fear. With a clam tone, Bruce said to her, "Now let's go to your grandma without a fuss, alright?" She simply shook her head and walked along with Bruce. They didn't have to go far. The woman had seemingly heard of the incident, and rushed as fast as she could.

"Neko! Oh, my Neko!" She said, running towards her granddaughter. "Grandma Phelis!" Neko said, and righed to her grandma's arms. Phelis then turned to Bruce and said, "Thank you, Mr. Rawson! Neko would be dead without you! Here, please have this reward." she said, and thrust some money into his hands. Bruce initially refused, but the old woman had her way. Soon, they left, and Bruce decided to return home, exhausted after the day's events.

Back to top Go down