FTR has moved to fairytailrevolution.jcink.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Quick Outing (Kotone)

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A Quick Outing (Kotone) Empty A Quick Outing (Kotone)

Post by Eternal R. Blaze Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:42 pm

His day was going well, he thought to himself. It was some days after meeting Fairy Tail and his overseer duties. It was a quite night, the sun barley setting in the view. And he was enjoying every movement he can get of it. Of course this mean he is facing away from the sun and drawing whatever catches his fancy. With a couple of stocks he finishes he current drawing of a random people walking around the park he was in. Setting it aside he got up to throw away the trash a couple of steps away from the branch and maybe get some water from the spout next to it.

Looking at the sunset he let a happy smile pass his face. Of course no one see it as it was hidden under his scarf. He forsaken his coat again, letting his snow white hair out for some air. His red eyes, almost hidden by his bangs, look up and the now showing stars. “It almost time to go pick up Scarlet. I wonder if she having fun with the others?”

With a quite sigh he went back to his spot, hoping to start up a new drawing. “What next? An piece scenery or, maybe, a person?” He mumbles under his breath, his eye scanning over the peaceful park. Finally his eye caught the movement of someone passing by. With a flick his begin his sketch, looking up at the person once in a while. He was lost in his drawing, forgetting where he was and what he was supposed to do. All he known was that this sketch was a goanna be use somewhere else.
Eternal R. Blaze
Eternal R. Blaze
Guildless D
Guildless D

Experience : 15
Primary Magic : Celestial Spirit Magic
Secondary Magic : N/A

Back to top Go down

A Quick Outing (Kotone) Empty Re: A Quick Outing (Kotone)

Post by Kotone Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:58 pm

Kotone Hoshino was taking a leisurely stroll, a welcome break after the work she'd been doing to help Fairy Tail. She thrived on action, but even she needed a break every once in awhile. As she walked, she noted a man with a face-obscuring scarf drawing something. She assumed he was drawing because of the way he kept looking up to check the details of what he was staring at. She kept an eye on him, mostly out of mild curiosity. She kept her hands in her pockets, and her head partially down, generally looking rather calm and relaxed.

After a bit, she looked back up again. He kept looking at her now. Why was he looking at her? She turned slowly, lifting her head. She had a curious expression on her face, which might have been a bit of an improvement over her usual 'leave me alone' face.

"You have an interest in me pal?" she asked, keeping her hands in her pockets and not moving anymore, save that she'd turned her head to face him. "Because I noticed you keep looking at me." Why was she talking to him? She was being entirely too friendly lately. Oh well, she was curious and might as well ask. If nothing else she could punch him for being a stalker right?
Kotone
Kotone
Guildless A
Guildless A

Experience : 552
Primary Magic : Ice Dragon Slayer
Secondary Magic : Gale Force

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternal R. Blaze Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:21 pm

He was in a trace, the one you get in where you focus on something too long. So it surprises him when the girl he was currently drawing calls out to him. Stopping for a movement to hear was she was saying and letting confusion show across his face. ‘That weird, most people never notice that I drawing them until I hand them their picture. Hm, might as well get the air clear before a misunderstanding happens.’ Sitting up in his set and setting his sketch book to his lap, just in case he needs to add anything, he answers back.

“Sorry madam, I do have interest in you, but not the way you are thinking.” He chuckles, changing a little to the drawing. “My name is Eternal Ruby Blaze, maybe you heard of me? I’m a traveling sketch artist and it show happen that my muse demanded me to draw you.” With a quick flick to add his signature to the bottom left corner, he rose to walk to her, making sure he was mindful of the way he does so that he doesn’t appear aggression. “I’m done with it so you might as well have it for your self madam.”
Eternal R. Blaze
Eternal R. Blaze
Guildless D
Guildless D

Back to top Go down

Post by Kotone Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:22 pm

Kotone never lost that confused/curious expression as Blaze approached her. It was a rare expression for her, but this was one of those rare moments, apparently. He had an interest in her... but not the way she was thinking. She had to try very hard not to just laugh at that. She never expected anyone to have an interest in her the way he thought she was thinking.

Then, he handed her the picture. She blinked for a moment. "That... that's pretty good." She admitted. "And you just want me to keep it?" It was random, but honestly Kotone wasn't used to random kind acts, and it disarmed her a bit.  "Thanks I guess." She didn't fold it or anything. She wasn't sure where she could put it that wouldn't ruin it... but for now she simply took off her backpack she'd thought to bring with her and stuffed it in something that would keep it mostly straight for now.

"Eternal's an interesting name. I can honestly say I don't think I've heard a name like it before." She wondered if it was supposed to mean something special to him or his parents, but she mentally shrugged and didn't ask. She gave him an amused grin, both because his name confused her and because his general gift giving had flattered her more than she cared to admit. "Well Eternal, I'm Kotone. Kotone Hoshino. I can honestly say that the last time I was captured it wasn't in such a pleasant way."
Kotone
Kotone
Guildless A
Guildless A

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternal R. Blaze Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:54 am

“That…that’s pretty good. And you just want me to keep it?” He nodded, noting that she seams confuse. “Thanks I guess.” He watches her looking though her bag, trying to find a place to put the picture without damaging it. With her doing show let him have a better chance to study her. Looking her over he guess her to be younger than him, maybe late teens. Her hair were brown and eyes where yellow, a color her would never expected to see in an eye. He was pondering of adding color pencils to his shopping list where her question, once again, cut though his thoughts.

“Eternal’s an interesting name. I can honestly say I don’t think I’ve heard a name like it before.” And that brought a hold rush of old memories to font. Memories of his odd friends and his girlfriend, heck hopefully his future wife if it go to his plan, gone by in a flash. And with them old felling of protectiveness and pride came along. "Well Eternal, I'm Kotone. Kotone Hoshino. I can honestly say that the last time I was captured it wasn't in such a pleasant way." Kotone Hoshino, the curse breaker. He was momently surprise to meet the ice dragon slayer, until what she said caught up to him.

'Captured?' His thoughts where going a thousand miles a minute and it was letting his old felling to mix with his current state of mind. “What do you mean capture young one?” He didn’t even hear him go back to his old way of addressing people. All he known was this girl might have been hurt and he was goanna get to the bottom of it. “Are you hurt? Who capture you?” His eyes were on the edge of tears as old memories affected his action. He didn’t know this girl and his whole soul made up his mind. Even if she didn’t known it, hell he didn’t even known it.  Yet at that movement, Kotone Hoshino became a part of Sanctuary and forever had an ally in the head of the Fallen.
Eternal R. Blaze
Eternal R. Blaze
Guildless D
Guildless D

Back to top Go down

Post by Kotone Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:39 am

Kotone blinked, surprised at Eternal's outburst. If she'd been in one of her normal moods she would have rolled her eyes. She was obviously fine and free, after all. "It's fine, Eternal." She assured him, her tone changing from pleasantly surprised to insistent. "It was part of a plan. I'm just not a fan of losing access to my magic is all." Little did Eternal know, it had been a plot against the Magic Council because a corrupted captain in town had sold out to a dark guild and were capturing guildless mages for experimentation.

She calmed down quickly though, and though she was a little bit more on guard than her little surprise had made her before, she still would have surprised most people with how pleasant her tone sounded. "I appreciate the sentiment. First a picture then a rescue... which you know... better late than never..." she shrugged, flipping some loose strands of her long hair out of her face in the breeze. "I'm not flattered easily, but you caught me in a pretty good mood anyway. So congratulations on that."

Kotone found herself feeling a little bit more social than normal. Maybe it was all that time spent with Roejaster and Hannah, even if she didn't like Hannah all that much. Who knew? She was in a park. She might as well have someone to walk with. "Care to walk a short ways?" Kotone asked the older man. "If you're not too busy drawing strangers, that is."
Kotone
Kotone
Guildless A
Guildless A

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternal R. Blaze Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:17 pm

"It's fine, Eternal." She assured him, her tone changing from pleasantly surprised to insistent. "It was part of a plan. I'm just not a fan of losing access to my magic is all" He felt his eyebrow ticking, why is that every person I talk to make everything so normal? "I appreciate the sentiment. First a picture then a rescue... which you know... better late than never..." His tears have stop forming and he couldn’t help compere her to an old friend. "I'm not flattered easily, but you caught me in a pretty good mood anyway. So congratulations on that." Oh? Yup, she more like Sara then what he care for but very refreshing to the old stiff from the Magic Council.

A quite silent came over them as Eternal took all the information that Kotone give him. A plan to take the magic from a mage, can some do that? He not sure but decided to listen to rumor and the like for more information. "Care to walk a short ways?" Kotone asked him, "If you're not too busy drawing strangers, that is." A smile slip onto his hidden face and nodded his head for her to walk with him.

"Sure, and I only draw stranger with that catch my fancy. No else here are have the same air, or is it aura, as you anyway.” They begin to walk down the path to a lake near the edge of the park and forest. He was walking behind her, a little way to the left of her. The same way he would have walk with someone he was protecting back in Sanctuary.  Looking at a passing clock he saw it was eight o’ clock, two hour before he needed to head back. It almost reminds him of a different night, a life time ago, with old friends.

They were at the edge of the lake, the water reflecting the light of the full moon. A group of fireflies dance over the clam water, making the already beautiful lake into a dream of paradise. Look over it he just sigh and think of the old times. He miss those day where he can act himself, his true self. Lately he was able to express himself with scarlet but must watch what he says. Looking at Kotone once more, he let his mask slip a little.

“Tell me young one, what does the word Sanctuary mean to you?” Shifting so his eyes can be seen, he continues “To me it a place where one can truly be themselves, a place I only saw once.” His voice took a hunted tone, one he recall old war men having. “I was the one who build it, Sanctuary, a term give to a place of safeness but to me, it where you can be happy with no worries.” He grab an old pendent in his pocket, finding old happiness in it shape. “Tell me Ms Kotone, if someone has the power to build this place do you think they should build it?”

He begin to walk aging, heading out of the park and in to an old part of the town. Stopping at the gate he turns back he spoke to her, “Would you like a cup of tea? There an old tea shop across the street that is supposed to be great.”
Eternal R. Blaze
Eternal R. Blaze
Guildless D
Guildless D

Back to top Go down

Post by Kotone Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:56 pm

Kotone walked with Eternal for a bit, pondering his mysterious look and his face covering scarf. She didn't make it obvious, however. Out of nowhere, he asked what Sanctuary meant to her. This would have caused the seventeen year old to look at him with confusion, if she wasn't so guarded, herself. "Where one can truly be themselves..." She took on a darker look, herself, as Eternal hit a more guarded button of hers. She was very rarely herself. The only sanctuary she'd ever truly had had abandoned her when she was still a small child. "If there is such a thing as sanctuary, then that is what it would be," she agreed after a moment in a subdued tone. Kotone had no sanctuary. She didn't need one anymore as far as she was concerned.

Eternal kept talking, saying he built a place called sanctuary, a safe place for his friends. He surprised her with another interesting question. He was full of surprises, apparently.  Should someone build it if they can? She looked up at him, her face now its usual cool, calm blankness. She was considering this harder than it looked. Because it looked like she'd shut down a bit from his questioning. "If someone can make the world a safer place of course they should." Kotone answered him, facing forward instead of looking at him. "To do anything less is to waste the power you were given, in whatever form that power takes."

Who was this man? He sounded like someone who had done a lot, but she'd never heard of him. She also didn't recognize his scent, so she'd never met him before either. "My turn," she said after a moment, perking up if only slightly. and giving him a cocky grin. One of her fangs was showing now. "You said you created Sanctuary, but now you're asking if someone should do such a thing. Why is that?"
Kotone
Kotone
Guildless A
Guildless A

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternal R. Blaze Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:44 pm

He give a unseen smile to her, she didn't known it but she side the same thing Sara side to him all those year ago. Maybe one day he could meet her again but until then he will live his life to his fullest. "My turn," she side after a moment, "you said you created Sanctuary, but now you're asking if someone should do such a thing. Why is that?" He should had saw this coming, he basically ask for it. Even so, the question caught him off guard. He look up to the sky for a moment then back to Kotone.

"To understand that you must known two things first. The first one is the reason why I build it in the first place." He told her, his tone becoming colder with a deadly edge to it. "I grow up in place where there was no laws, a place where the strong kill the weak. Every day was a constant war of life, where everything and everyone are against you." He stop, letting forgotten anger pass by. "I hated it, so I mad way to change it. With the help of two people, the only people I call my friends at the time, we got and made a safe place for each other."

"That was the basic of the fame you would say. Because as soon as we did so, other begin to follow us. They to, wanted a place to call home." He sigh, running his hand across his hair. "Of course this also brought the focus of the underground on us. And bring us to the second thing, what I had to do to build it." He brought out a pendent from his pocket. It was a sword enclose by closing wings, a ring of thorns surround it with a single rose in the center. On the back of it was the words 'Blood is Blood but Family is Family. This was the symbol of the Fallen, the protectors of Sanctuary.

"I won't go into many details but I will tell you one thing, what every darkness you saw was the brightest I see on a good day." His voice was emotionless, sounding wrong to his ears. "If it wasn't for Sara and Andrew I would have broke a long time ago." He pass the pendant to Kotone for she can look at it.

"I look at this word and honestly say that I might do the same here, just to bring a smile on the face of a chosen few." He look at the sky once more, trying to bring his smile back. "Come, young one, let's get something to drink."
Eternal R. Blaze
Eternal R. Blaze
Guildless D
Guildless D

Back to top Go down

Post by Kotone Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:00 pm

The young dragon slayer listened intently to the man with the hidden face, though she never faced him as they walked. She had a serious, aloof expression as his own speech reminded her of who she was and why she fought despite not always being appreciated or even liked. Eternal had fought wherever he was from. He had fought and found a way to protect people. This... Sanctuary.

"You're certainly good at smiles," she relented, thinking of the drawing of herself stuffed in her bag. The ice dragon slayer stopped in her tracks, and turned to face the taller man with a look of determination on her face. "People need protected. That's what my father said. They need protected so they will live to find their own way in life, for better or for worse."

She finally decided to address his offer for a drink, a small, cocky smile appearing on her face. "Sure, if you're buying, Eternal. Let's go get a drink." She normally used nicknames for everyone, only calling a select few by their actual names. But Eternal... well it was an interesting enough name she didn't need to.
Kotone
Kotone
Guildless A
Guildless A

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternal R. Blaze Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:34 pm

"You're certainly good at smiles," He heard her say, he stop as she did, finally turning to face him with a look of determination on her face. "People need protected. That's what my father said. They need protected so they will live to find their own way in life, for better or for worse." Her father must have been a good person, he thought to himself, a great protector.

She finally decided to address his offer for a drink, a small, cocky smile appearing on her face. "Sure, if you're buying, Eternal. Let's go get a drink." He nodded his head, "Of course young one, but I need to make a quick detour real fast." He turn down the street, heading to the sitters he hire for scarlet. It only took them a couple of minutes to reach the street and a little more to get in front of the gate.

"One second, I have to pick someone up." And he left inside the home, looking for his daughter. He found her with the sitter playing with her doll. After paying the sitter and cleaning her face a little, he went out to meet Kotone. "We'll let me introduce you, young one meet Scarlet Blaze, my daughter, Scarlet meet Ms. Kotone."
Eternal R. Blaze
Eternal R. Blaze
Guildless D
Guildless D

Back to top Go down

Post by Kotone Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:46 pm

Kotone waited semi-patiently for Eternal to go pick up whomever he was getting. She was actually rather surprised to see a small child appear with him, and her cold exterior melted when the child approached. "Well let me introduce you. Young one, meet Scarlet Blaze, my daughter. Scarlet, Meet Ms. Kotone."

Kotone knelt down to be closer to eye level with the child, grinning at her. "Hi, Scarlet. Like he said, I'm Kotone. Nice to meet you," she smiled pleasantly. Kids were one of her weaknesses. She had never been allowed to be a child, and she wanted kids to be kids for as long as they could to make up for that fact. "Your dad's a pretty good artist you know. My dad wasn't, really. But I guess when you're a dragon holding a pencil would be a little hard, huh?" She chuckled. It was like she was a completely different person. In a way, she was, because kids had a way of bringing down her walls and barriers that she put up when she was around people.

She stood back up, grinning again as she put a hand in her jacket pocket and offered her other one to Scarlet. "So, I guess that means I'm safe from adult drinks then. Which is good because I'm not quite old enough for that anyway."
Kotone
Kotone
Guildless A
Guildless A

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternal R. Blaze Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:05 am

He saw the change in her as soon as Scarlet was in sight. Luckily it was a good change, who would of though that the spell breaker was an kid person? He keep to his self as Kotone talk to his little girl, filing in the fact the she was loving the attention. She had a nice laugh, he noted. "So, I guess that means I'm safe from adult drinks then. Which is good because I'm not quite old enough for that anyway." He release his own laugh at that, "Of course, what type of man you take me for young one? Grasp Ms. Kotone hand Scarlet, she will be joining us for dinner tonight."He walk behind them as he heard his daughter begin to talk to Kotone,

"Ms. Kotone? What do you mean you father was an dragon? Daddy read me book bout them and how they where the first protector and how they choose kids and teach them magic, are you one of these kids?" Her blue eyes look up at Ms, Kotone, she was wondering how she was as daddy never introduce her to his friends. It was then she remember something, "Daddy forgotten to introduce Eva," she rise her Eva to show Ms. Kotone, "this is Eva, daddy made her for me. He told me as long as I have her I will be protected. Do you have something like that?"
Eternal R. Blaze
Eternal R. Blaze
Guildless D
Guildless D

Back to top Go down

Post by Kotone Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:49 am

Kotone gave Scarlet a big grin as she asked her question about Kotone's father. In all honesty it hurt to talk about the dragon who had raised her and then abandoned her so suddenly, but the little child wouldn't know this. No child should be familiar with such a thing, in her opinion. "Yes, well, he isn't my real daddy I suppose, but I didn't have a family and he raised me like I was his daughter. So... yes. I suppose I'm l'm like the children in your stories." she told the girl, gently ruffling her hair as she took her hand and walked beside Eternal with the child in between them.

She then showed Kotone 'her Eva.' She said as long as she had her she would be safe. Kotone thought it was adorable, though she honestly had no idea if there was any magic involved with this 'Eva' or not. She looked at the doll and smiled again. "That is an adorable doll," she told the girl. Kotone looked up at Eternal again. "So you can do more than draw I see. How did someone with such a past learn so many talents, hm?" she asked, sounding truly cheerful for the moment. Kids brought out the best in Kotone. Most people just didn't see her around kids.
Kotone
Kotone
Guildless A
Guildless A

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternal R. Blaze Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:23 am

"Oh, I think I understand." She tilt her head in confusion, trying to understand. Eternal just smile at the cute gesture, happy that she is. He was shock the she show her Eva, she never show anyone that doll. Eva was a doll he made that have an spell wave into it, protecting and keeping track of Scarlet. "That is an adorable doll," she told the girl. Kotone looked up at him again. "So you can do more than draw I see. How did someone with such a past learn so many talents, hm?"

He give her a unseen smile, she will be surprise of the true answer, dame Andrew and his sharp tool additions. "I have my ways young one." And left it at that, or would of if it wasn't for scarlet. "Daddy don't you have all those yellow books? The one that have the word dummy on them?" He just look down at his angel with a look of betrayal, "Um, look I can see the cafe, why don't we hurry along?" He then pick up the pace, getting as far away as safely as possibly. We'll that was a lose, but at least he known his daughter didn't do it on purpose.
Eternal R. Blaze
Eternal R. Blaze
Guildless D
Guildless D

Back to top Go down

Post by Kotone Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:49 pm

Kotone couldn't help but burst out laughing rather hard at the small girl who's hand she was holding ruining her father's attempt at being mysterious. She laughed so hard she hand to stop and catch her breath while the man walked ahead in embarrassment. She wiped a tear that had formed in one of her eyes as she laughed, finally picking up the pace again to catch up with Scarlet's father.

"Yeah... The mysterious man with his mysterious yellow books..." she said as she caught her breath. "With magic like those books I bet your daddy can do just about anything, huh?" she said in the sweetest voice she could muster to Scarlet. Anyone who actually knew her would probably have their jaw on the floor right now from how she was acting. Of course, if needed she could claim to only do it to keep children happy or something.

The three of them entered the cafe, taking a seat in a booth. Kotone sat next to Scarlet, crossing her arms and leaning on the table. She brushed a stray strand of hair out of her face. "So, you come here often, Eternal?" she asked, eyeing the place in order to take in the scenery.
Kotone
Kotone
Guildless A
Guildless A

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternal R. Blaze Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:59 pm

'Why is Ms. Kotone laughing? Why is daddy walking away? Did I did something I wasn't to do?' Scarlet just hug her Eva as Ms. Kotone and her walk faster to catch up to daddy. "Yeah... The mysterious man with his mysterious yellow books..." she said as she caught her breath. "With magic like those books I bet your daddy can do just about anything, huh?" She look up with her with big smile, "Yup! Daddy can draw, make thing, and dance. Daddy can do everything, but sing, daddy can't sing."

'Ouch, why scarlet?' Eternal thought as he took his seat in font of Kotone, barely hearing her question of combing here often. "No, we only been here for a wile so we haven't have the chance to do anything yet." He uncover his face and brush his hair back, finally showing her his face and eyes. Yet he watch her, hoping she doesn't get offend with his mark, hiding it as looking around the cafe. "Scarlet, our you ready to order dear? The person will be-" "Ice-cream?!" "After dinner, dear ."

"So young one, you heard of my past and dream, yet it don't known yours." He waited for her answer as he order for him and Scarlet.
Eternal R. Blaze
Eternal R. Blaze
Guildless D
Guildless D

Back to top Go down

Post by Kotone Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:17 pm

Kotone couldn't help but be highly amused by Scarlet and her father's interaction. Maybe that was what it was like to have a real father that wasn't a dragon. She grinned again, listening to their exchange. Kotone suddenly wanted ice cream too, though she would behave so as not to torture the little girl.

"My dream?" She said after she'd placed an order for a simple cheeseburger and fries and a soda. She frowned for a moment. She didn't stop to think about these things that often, instead making it from day to day, doing what she did best - getting into fights, yelling a lot, and generally playing the part of the jaded hero. She paused for what was probably too long before answering. "My dream is complicated." she answered finally, not committing to any real answer. She also didn't want to make the child beside her unhappy. She shook her head, giving Eternal a look the child wouldn't see that said she didn't want to get into it.

Kotone didn't have the best table manners, and currently rested her head in the palm of her hand, with her elbow resting beside her silverwear on the table. She gave Eternal a small grin that showed her dragon-like fangs again. "I will say this... I used to have a lot more in the way of dreams."
Kotone
Kotone
Guildless A
Guildless A

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternal R. Blaze Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:14 am

Amen to that, He thought as Kotone answers him. He can understand that, his own dream can be considered unreachable and dark, but it his. A look of understanding crosses his face as he caught the look. She didn’t want to talk about in front of Scarlet. "I will say this... I used to have a lot more in the way of dreams." He raises an eyebrow to that, “Oh? Well that time for ya, it changes things.” He noted that her table manners where not up to stander, good he heated the stander. “Scarlet how was your day?”

"It was good daddy, Ms. Susan was really fun!" Eternal just watch as his daughter talk bout her day. She was just a happy child and it his greatest fear that she will be taken from him. "Hey Daddy what The Fallen?" He took an intake of air, it was something that he doesn't want people to known of yet. "Nothing Scarlet, just something you dad plan to do later." He give a look at Kotone, hoping she doesn't pick it up. If someone known bout it too early then it go down hill. "Look our food is here, after this I take you across the street for some ice-cream." Let hope that stop her from talking.
Eternal R. Blaze
Eternal R. Blaze
Guildless D
Guildless D

Back to top Go down

Post by Kotone Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:40 am

Kotone seemed to ignore Eternal's look, though she also didn't say anything, so it was likely that she'd actually noticed and didn't push things by acknowledging it. She took a bite out of her cheeseburger. It was pretty good, actually, for a plain old cheeseburger. She might have to come here again next time...

"So uh, Eternal..." Kotone started after a moment. "What do you do exactly? Are you a wizard, or...?" She knew he was good but the way he just gave away pictures meant he likely wasn't a pro artist for a living. And the way he talked he probably knew magic. Was he in a guild? Was he guildless like her? He said he hadn't been around here long, after all, so it made sense. "I mean, it's probably obvious I'm a wizard," she said, holding out her hand and forming a small snowflake made of ice casually. She handed it to Scarlet. "Here you go. It'll melt soon since it's just ice but I thought you might like it."

She refocused her attention on Eternal, waiting for a response, assuming he would answer. The only reason she was coopertive was because of the picture, the food, and the child. She actually tended to be a rather difficult person.
Kotone
Kotone
Guildless A
Guildless A

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternal R. Blaze Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:10 pm

‘Oh?’ Eternal thought, a amuse look cross his face. ‘Wasn’t it obvious?’ He had his guild mark underneath his left eye after all. “Thank you Ms. Kotone, thank you very much.” Scarlet little squeal broke him out of his thoughts. With a small laugh he answer Kotone question, “Well young one, I am Paladin of the Magic Council.” He taps his mark for good measure, “I am a holder mage, thought, not an caster. Even though I have magic I can’t use it.” It something that baffle nearly everyone, it was like it was stuck or being stubborn.

“With that side though, I’m planning to retire soon.” He had a dark look cross his face for a moment, the new laws were taking their toll and he didn’t what anything to do with it. He munches on his food in thought, where would he go then. Shirotsume Town sound like a good town to visit and it high in the mountains so he can train in peace. “Daddy I finish, can we have ice-cream now?” She made a mess of her face, with is wired cause nothing touch her clothes. “Sure, after you clean your face young lady. Sorry Kotone but I did side I would.”
Eternal R. Blaze
Eternal R. Blaze
Guildless D
Guildless D

Back to top Go down

Post by Kotone Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:30 pm

Kotone had noticed the symbol on his eye, but... he didn't seem like he was actually Magic Council. She hadn't met a lawman yet she'd actually liked. It was law first and justice second with them. But he would surely know who she was, and his nice behavior rather than arresting her on site meant something was different. She figured he'd either been faking or had been an ex member who hadn't removed his guild symbol yet. He could be lying... but something told her he wasn't. She'd been wrong. A momentary panic crossed her mind though as she realized how badly she'd let her guard down by assuming these things. But his own daughter was here. He wouldn't make a move, right?

Kotone looked at the young girl, taking a napkin and cleaning off her face for her, dipping the napkin in her water to help get the stickiness off Scarlet's face. Kotone had surprisingly motherly instincts for someone who knew nothing about having a mother. This didn't occur to the young dragon slayer though.

"I believe I told this little cutie I'd buy just a few minutes ago, Mr. Paladin." she answered him, flipping a strand of stray hair out of her face as she got up. She wanted to ask him why he wasn't after her now, but Scarlet was here. She could only guess if she didn't want to scare the child. And of course she didn't.

After Eternal had paid, they went across the street for ice cream. She bought what Scarlet asked for, handing it to her, and got herself a vanilla cone as well. Ice cream wasn't as good as snow cones in her opinion, since she did rather like ice, but it was a pretty good little treat.

Her eyes kept flicking to the Council symbol on his cheek. Why wouldn't he do his job? Was it his day off and he was lazy? No that didn't sound right. Was he actually against their laws? Maybe some of the Council dogs weren't so brain washed after all. Or maybe he hadn't been here long enough.
Kotone
Kotone
Guildless A
Guildless A

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternal R. Blaze Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:12 pm

He watch her stiffen as the information cross her mind, it was something he put up throw all the time since he got here from Chaos city. Most people never like the Magic Council and who can blame them? They are some corrupted member here and there and it tends to make them a little untrustful. The only reason he was with them was because he needed a place to stay. He also noted that she help clean up Scarlet, maybe her instincts is kicking in due to her magic or upbringing? His did the same when he reach 13 and started to build Sanctuary.

"I believe I told this little cutie I'd buy just a few minutes ago, Mr. Paladin." she answered him, flipping a strand of stray hair out of her face as she got up. He nodded and went up to paid for the food, thinking about how he can answer to her unasked question. He kept his scarf off as he orders his own chocolate ice-cream cone. “Young one, you must remember what I told you of my past and then think of the new law. Of course I won’t follow it, just make sure you lips are seal.”
Eternal R. Blaze
Eternal R. Blaze
Guildless D
Guildless D

Back to top Go down

Post by Kotone Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:39 pm

Kotone's racing mind screeched to a halt when Eternal told her he had no intention of following the new laws. She seemed to relax a bit physically as his words registered. So her blunder wasn't going to get her in trouble after all. Good. "No problem," she told him with a grin. "You think I'd get the dad of this little girl in trouble?" she asked him. Of course she wouldn't. She knew all too well what it was like to lose a parent. Scarlet wouldn't suffer the same fate as long as Kotone had any say in it.

Kotone licked her ice cream casually. It was of course, a little cold for ice cream according to most people. But Kotone didn't suffer the effects of cold, and was perfectly happy to run around in her short skirt and eat ice cream in the middle of winter. She leaned down and handed young Scarlet her long jacket so she wouldn't shiver while she ate her ice cream in the cold.

"Well then, Eternal. It's good to know some people know what the Magic Council is supposed to be to the people." she said in a casual tone. "Your daughter has someone she should look up to. And who should definitely stick around for her to be able to do so," she told him, giving him a look that said 'don't you dare go and get yourself hurt.'
Kotone
Kotone
Guildless A
Guildless A

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternal R. Blaze Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:11 pm

He gives her his own grin, releasing a breath he didn’t known he was holding. Scarlet was all he has in this world and if something happens he didn’t known what he would have done. Well he do, but he doesn’t want to admit it. He watches her as she give up her own jacket to keep Scarlet warm, hiding a smile from view. "Well then, Eternal. It's good to know some people know what the Magic Council is supposed to be to the people." she said in a casual tone. "Your daughter has someone she should look up to. And who should definitely stick around for her to be able to do so," she told him; giving him a look that said 'don't you dare go and get yourself hurt.'

“Of course, and I must side she pick a good role model to follow.” He noted that Scarlet brush, hiding her face from Kotone. Even he says this he known what she is talking about. “Don’t worry, I not leaving her until she kicks me to an old person home.” Even then he can’t really promise that he will not get hurt. Looking at Kotone, he gives her a look the side ‘That we need to talk’
Eternal R. Blaze
Eternal R. Blaze
Guildless D
Guildless D

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next